Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2024, 17:53   #1
God Member

iFollow…not

Has anyone else had a hassle trying to get onto iFollow on the Stanley website?

It wouldn’t accept my email/password, so tried to reset the password, but to no avail.
So I re-registered, giving name, inside-leg measurement, etc, and got in but was greeted with “welcome David”.
Only problem I’m not David Hughes.
If you are out there, David, may be an idea to check your account.
I’ve requested to unsubscribe as, with too many web sites, it only accepts pre-determined questions and none of them ever assume the system could have a fault.
Old 13-08-2024, 18:32   #2
God Member

Re: iFollow…not

The only thing it's saying I can buy is a full season audio pass for £45 - not much point bothering with that when I'll be there for at least half of the games -, used to be able to pay for individual games but seems not any more
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2024, 19:14   #3
God Member

Thanks, Mrs.Mad, if that’s the deal I too will be giving it a pass.
Although I don’t know how it happened, I hope I didn’t incur David Hughes, whoever he is, any charges.
All I did was watch the extended highlights from the Donnie game.
Old 13-08-2024, 19:31   #4
God Member

Looking more closely, it appears there’s a £10 charge (subject to availability, whatever that implies) for a one match video pass. Like last year.

What I don’t know is whether you can watch highlights of past games for free, as before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_1501.jpeg (119.9 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 13-08-2024 at 19:38.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2024, 19:46   #5
Full Member+

Hi all, it's £45 for a audio pass for the season or £2.50 per individual game. My understanding (i might be wrong with this) is that live video passes can only be viewed from anyone overseas.
It seems easier to buy a sky sports+ pass via nowtv.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2024, 19:51   #6
God Member

Thanks, Watchdog.
Tbh, I can’t be ar**d with either iFollow or Sky - it’s such a hassle.
Old 13-08-2024, 20:30   #7

Yes I've had problems with iFollow this season. It asked me to change password on logging in and brought up my account with an incorrect name linked to my email. I've emailed the iFollow help desk asking how to update my account to show the right details but haven't heard back.

You can still watch per game on iFollow for £10 where ts available and listen on audio for £2.50 per game.....assuming you can get your account details sorted. Or you can watch the highlights, extended highlights or the whole game for free the next day or day after....but you need to log in to your account. Alternatively, you can watch available games using a day sports pass for sky on Now TV for £14.99. It's costly but good quality, better than iFollow in my opinion. I'll update on here if I manage to get a reply from the iFollow help desk.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2024, 20:58   #8

hiya folks. ifollow addressed me as a Joshua Adcroft. my first email ?ing brought response {calling me a Jason) that there was no way to alter name assigned to email address. My 2nd email says I can do it by clicking name top right and selecting 'manage details'. Was a bloody good inkwell moniter back in early 50s at Spring Hill juniors but all this techno nonsense makes me lose the will - so not yet tried it. Did the £45 deal and got the Donny commentary but tonights commentary didnt happen for me. This on top of failing to get an alternative match option on my skysports+. Seriously unimpressed.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2024, 21:09   #9
God Member

Exclamation Re: iFollow…not

Both of the above are Supporters Club Board Members.... maybe they think that we have two fans only

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2024, 06:12   #10
God Member

I guess it’s reassuring (not) that I’m not alone.
Like Crown Grounder, I emailed the so-called iFollow help line. That message contained my name, my club, and (obvs) my email address.
I got an automatic reply asking me for my name, my club, and my email address.

Can’t wait for the fun when Sir Two-tier tries to introduce Blair’s digital IDs for 79 million people.
Crown Grounder likes this.
Old 14-08-2024, 08:03   #11

My concern after logging in after updating my password was seeing someone else's name and thinking my account had been hacked. As a result and being unable to change the name displayed in my account I was unwilling to enter financial details to make a payment for either audio or video. However, thinking about it...as I've changed my password and it's linked to my email the account should be safe. Still waiting for a reply from iFollow........they just don't seem to want us to pay for their service offering.....what an poor way to run a business......just can't understand their mentality.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2024, 12:06   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
....they just don't seem to want us to pay for their service offering.....what a poor way to run a business......just can't understand their mentality.
I suspect us paying is not the main part of the ‘business’ - it’s passing on all our personal data to the Cloud Barons that is the objective.
Us chipping in the odd £10 probably just pays for the electricity to run the servers.
Old 15-08-2024, 00:37   #13

Seems to be quite a bit of confusion on here about what you can get.for how much and how you get it

And doesnt seem to have been very much help from Stanley on it

If you havnt got Sky or want to be able to see all the games then the way to go is to get an overseas pass all you need to do is use any decent VPM and importantly create a new I.Follow account with a different e.mail address to your main one and make sure you only use the 2nd account to view the games.

Now for the bad news last week the overseas season pass was on offer at £140 but has now reverted to the full price for the season of £180.

Accys pricing seems to be different from most clubs where the Audio pass is £4.99 for the month or £50 for the year whereas they seem to be charging £2.50 per game which is poor value when you consider if you bought 2 months last Friday at other clubs you could get at least 10 games for your tenner.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2024, 15:25   #14

My third email to [email protected] brought a response that they were passing the name problem to a 'consultant' for procedure to correct. Assured me name problem does not make it possible to access or piggyback bank details. Mentioned a number of Stanley fans backing off because of name issue - they requested that I ask those affected to email again. if you threaten to hit them in the pocket it might sharpen their attention.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2024, 18:27   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Both of the above are Supporters Club Board Members.... maybe they think that we have two fans only

Must be 3, I'm Dirk Carlens
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..