Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2009, 19:46   #211
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

If your fed up of protracted take overs already I can tell you that Sheffield Wednesday fans have been putting up with them for most of the last 3 years. Whenever anyone starts a thread on it on Owlszone I only have one response:

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...tasleep270.jpg

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-05-2009, 20:43   #212
Super Moderator

Bumpety bump...

When is the takeover, that was supposed to be happening weeks ago, going to take place?

When are the club going to start talking to Ilyas?

When are the club going to tell us anything?

Answers on a postcard please.
Old 27-05-2009, 08:50   #213
Super Moderator

Another day is gone
still no news from the D'on.
Is it in the bag
or has it hit a snag?

And if it goes to plan,
will they talk to Mr Khan?
There are problems to be solved
and he wants to get involved.

We've waited weeks and weeks
for the answers we all seek.
So, Stanley, please, come on,
let us know what's going on!

...yeah, I know, I know, don't give up the day job.
Old 27-05-2009, 09:04   #214

wasn't it on telly yesterday that laureatte had just resigned - I'll vote for you Wynonie !
Go on my son, get in there. (ain't got no smilies on this 'puter so regard this as a verbal one.)
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 09:18   #215
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
wasn't it on telly yesterday that laureatte had just resigned - I'll vote for you Wynonie !
Go on my son, get in there. (ain't got no smilies on this 'puter so regard this as a verbal one.)
Thanks, LLS, but sadly I am to poetry what EW is to diplomacy! Wish they'd hurry up and tell us something though. It's getting ridiculous now.
Old 27-05-2009, 15:25   #216
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I am to poetry what EW is to diplomacy!
Nah! Nobody's that bad!
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 19:18   #217

Hello Everyone. I am sorry for the radio silence, but I have been away in Namibia on the race that some of you are aware of. 250km over 6 days. Fabulous event, and even though the course was brutal at times, I am happy to report that I am back in one piece (or largely !), and even happier to report that I managed to raise a very decent amount of money for charity. Thank you for the various people on this forum who supported me through the Observer article or directly.

On the question of Stanley, I have nothing new to report. Neither the club or its officials have contacted me in any formal capacity, and my two letters remain unanswered. I do not know what is happening on the takeover and I have no update or insight into the state of the club's finances.

I remain therefore of the view that the club requires a cash injection, and, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, the only way to push forward with a sensible plan is to issue new equity that will strengthen the balance sheet and will ensure that future sponsorship revenues are not mortgaged and thereby cause more problems.

This view, oft repeated, will be repeated in a letter I will send, and which will ensure that the club and its directors are made aware that I will have no option but to resort to legal action to call a shareholder meeting in order to vote for a new share issue to safeguard our future.

As always, I promise to keep you informed through this forum of any changes or updates.

with my warmest regards to you all
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 19:34   #218
God Member

Congratulations on the "Fun Run" and thanks for keeping us up to date with events....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 19:57   #219
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Welcome back and congratulations Ilyas..Its sad that this whole affair is dragging on for everyone connected with the club ,we as fans can only wait and hope its sorted sooner rarther than latter
Old 27-05-2009, 20:28   #220
Super Moderator

Thanks for your update, Ilyas. I would hope that your third letter would finally concentrate their minds and make them appreciate the wisdom of sitting down and talking to you...we shall see!
Old 27-05-2009, 21:37   #221

I've no idea what legalities are involved in the transfer of power and maybe the previous forecast that it would happen soon was unwise. What bothers me is that the club are non-communicative on the matter. Strikes me that things aren't at all straight forward and wheels could fall off. Otherwise why hasn't an official given an update or assurance. Lets face it, the club don't get enough through the turnstiles that they can afford to snub the faithful who are clearly worried about the future. Come on Management, wake up to the need for Google Page Ranking with the lifeblood of the club. I've been fiercely loyal to Stanley for the last 58 of my 65 years, but at times you really make it difficult.
Thank you Ilyas for your openness.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 21:58   #222
Resting in Peace

"On the question of Stanley, I have nothing new to report. Neither the club or its officials have contacted me in any formal capacity, and my two letters remain unanswered. I do not know what is happening on the takeover and I have no update or insight into the state of the club's finances."

This state of affairs is a shocking indictment of the club's owner and officials and their way of conducting business. It is to Mr Khan's enormous credit that he is still banging on the door instead of walking away. Sickening.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2009, 23:26   #223
God Member

Is anyone else seriously worried about the seemingly fragile existence of our club?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 00:40   #224
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Is anyone else seriously worried about the seemingly fragile existence of our club?
And whilst our illustrious neighbours make their plans for next season's premier league, the takeover of the club we all love, is taking longer than a politician's accountants efforts to justify the politician's expenses on the balance sheet.

And a genuine man, with the best interests of the club at heart, remains unanswered.

It's high time the supposedly outgoing Chairman and the supposedly incoming chairman wake up and smell the caffeine.....

How exactly does the club we all love,move forward, when the two main protagonists in this shambles, can't even get this sorted in a reasonable timescale???

And to ignore Mr. Khan???

The longer this all drags on, the longer Mr. Khan seems to be ignored is damaging this club.

It needs sorting.....and FAST.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 00:57   #225
God Member

Firstly, Congrats Ilyas on the 'fun run'............tho I do question the 'fun' part!

Secondly,I still cant believe that the Club is STILL not responding to your letters, it is nothing short of scadalous (SP).

Thirdly, shaker I am thinking along the same lines as you bud

Lastly,we all know that the club DO read this message board, so to Messer's Whalley,O'Neil, and the rest of the board isnt it time you all took your heads out of the sand and TALK to the Man who is offering to help? Also, if the much reported takeover is dead then have the bollocks to say so, if its not then for gods sake get it bloody sorted ASAP!.....................yeah ok I know Im dreaming!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..