Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2009, 20:48   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
And most importantly, lets create the environment where the club can prosper and attract and welcome supporters in an atmosphere of fun and friendship.
Amen.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2009, 21:39   #107
God Member

Mr Khan, thankyou for your quick reply to the questions that have been posed on this thread.

I,for one, did not expect such open and honest answers, simply because we are not used to it!!

To me,it beggars belief, that as a major shareholder of ASFC, that you have not been kept informed about the clubs financial situation. I was under the impression that it was a legal requirement to hold annual shareholders meetings where such things could be discussed/debated and that the results be published. If I am wrong in this belief then please accept my apologies.

Surely, Eric and the board have got to reconsider sitting down with yourself and other shareholders, if as Eric says, He really does want the best for ASFC, then to my mind ALL possible avenues have to be explored. That said,I am no business man..............maybe thats not the way things work?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 21:56   #108
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Mr Khan, thankyou for your quick reply to the questions that have been posed on this thread.

I,for one, did not expect such open and honest answers, simply because we are not used to it!!

To me,it beggars belief, that as a major shareholder of ASFC, that you have not been kept informed about the clubs financial situation. I was under the impression that it was a legal requirement to hold annual shareholders meetings where such things could be discussed/debated and that the results be published. If I am wrong in this belief then please accept my apologies.

Surely, Eric and the board have got to reconsider sitting down with yourself and other shareholders, if as Eric says, He really does want the best for ASFC, then to my mind ALL possible avenues have to be explored. That said,I am no business man..............maybe thats not the way things work?
but maybe its the way "Dictators" work.?
Old 07-04-2009, 22:35   #109
God Member

thanks for the prompt and honest answers Mr K.
Old 07-04-2009, 23:36   #110
God Member

Firstly sorry for the delay on contributing to this thread but I have only just logged on.

Secondly thank you Ilyas for your concise and transparent posting, it saves having to read between the lines and shows a true honesty and passion for our little/big club.

As Chair of the Osc I would be more than happy to meet up with you either at a OSC meeting or a time and place that would suit yourself to discuss ideas of how we the supporters club can help in any way. We may be relatively small in active numbers but not in passion and love for the club and only want to see the club grow in strength and become more financially sound.

As for the juke box... hmmm I can feel an addition to the next agenda

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 23:38   #111
Senior Member+

By the way, is Hong Kong flush with red & white flag making material outlets (Hint Cough Hint)

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 23:43   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Firstly sorry for the delay on contributing to this thread but I have only just logged on.

Secondly thank you Ilyas for your concise and transparent posting, it saves having to read between the lines and shows a true honesty and passion for our little/big club.

As Chair of the Osc I would be more than happy to meet up with you either at a OSC meeting or a time and place that would suit yourself to discuss ideas of how we the supporters club can help in any way. We may be relatively small in active numbers but not in passion and love for the club and only want to see the club grow in strength and become more financially sound.

As for the juke box... hmmm I can feel an addition to the next agenda
Sparkie, and I vote yes by proxy!!!

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42   #113
Senior Member+

A fact to remember is that it was all well known that Eric would step down once he reached the football league. Fair enough he never did untill the price of the club reached fulled maturity. The deal being done is fair to unknown and the club should release some details, because at the moment they are leaving us in the dark about everything. Who is to say it actually is D'ON, who is buying and not some other under-rated businessman. Illyas, thanks for contributing on her. Its good to have some from of Google Page Ranking from the club as we have received more from you then we have from the fishy site.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:12   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
A fact to remember is that it was all well known that Eric would step down once he reached the football league. Fair enough he never did untill the price of the club reached fulled maturity.
Surely Eric would have got the best offers for the club on promotion from the Conference, not three seasons down the line for a relegation dogfighting team with £200k's worth of debt?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:50   #115
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
I understand that the Club owes more than £200,000 to various creditors. I believe some of these creditors are due and payable. In fact, to Mr O Neil's credit, I believe he has previously lent money to the club for money that was owed. My hope is that these various debts can be paid off through an issue of equity, and if Mr Whalley cannot contribute, then there are many others who will. Owning shares in Accrington Stanley can only be a positive thing for supporters, and it could save the club from incurring debt.
The last accounts submitted to Companies House are for the year ended 31st May 2007. The accounts for the year ended 31st May 2008 should have been submitted by 31st March 2009 but are now marked as 'overdue' The Club could be fined for submitting late.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 13:00   #116
Senior Member+

As explained the debts are thought to be more 'personal' rather than financial credit. Thus meaning that the club has now a full football league status. However the club fail to own any major assets, with both stadium and training facillitys owned by the council.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 16:55   #117
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
As explained the debts are thought to be more 'personal' rather than financial credit. Thus meaning that the club has now a full football league status. However the club fail to own any major assets, with both stadium and training facillitys owned by the council.

Forgive me Nickelson, but where exactly does anyone say the debts are thought to be more 'personal' rather than financial credit? I may have missed something, but I cant find a statement along those lines in any post on this thread.

We,as fans,have been lied to with regards to the financial situation at Stanley.Continually being told, by those high up, that the club 'owes nothing/no one'. We all know now that this is blatantly untrue. I for one do not like being lied to

www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
Old 08-04-2009, 17:28   #118
Senior Member+

It was hardly a secret that the club owed money. I don't take much notice of rumours and stories, but I heard all kinds of things about unpaid bills.
Old 08-04-2009, 17:50   #119
God Member

i suspect the debts are more suppliers than 'borrowings'. I just hope that things like the VAT and whatever are paid up as they are the dodgy ones
Old 08-04-2009, 18:21   #120
Senior Member+

So who would we trust, the quick to respond, transparent Mr Khan or the constantly changing pack of lies and misinformation that we are used to getting, and still getting from our Club?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..