Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 08:33   #1
God Member

Ilyas speaks .....

Mr Khan has broken the 'silence' surrounding the mystery second bidder, he has warned against what he thinks the first bid amounts to and confirmed that if the bid falls through for what ever reason (quote "if he has lost the bottle") then he will step in and buy Erics shares.

as a fan I like to know what is going on and to some degree it is exciting to wonder which twists and turns our little club is going to take over the next month or so. But one does have to wonder how much of what is said is to be believed or is it all just hoo hah designed to discredit rival bidders?

Either way, Mr Whalley has made one big decision by agreeing to sell the club, his next big decision will be the most important one he has ever made for ASFC ........
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

if reading what ya posted macca, that means he aint actually made a bid? which is a shame I.M.H.O.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:41   #3

Source ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50   #4
Super Moderator

Khan wary of O’Neill Stanley bid (From Lancashire Telegraph)

A bit disappointed that he's not made a bid anyway...and somewhat worried about the consequences of David O'Neill's bid!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:56   #5
God Member

Question Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Khan wary of O’Neill Stanley bid (From Lancashire Telegraph)

A bit disappointed that he's not made a bid anyway...and somewhat worried about the consequences of David O'Neill's bid!
Must say some of the article does not make good reading!! The last thing the club needs is to go down the road of Leeds, selling what might come.. Not the way forwards in my opinion But as Macca posted (I think) we may not be hearing/seeing the true facts?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:58   #6
God Member

oops forgot the link
Old 02-04-2009, 08:59   #7
God Member

I like the cut of his jib.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:03   #8
Super Moderator

The last thing this club needs is to go into debt. Like Cashy, I've seen it happen before at Stanley and it all ended in tears.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:22   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i would love to know the "REAL" truth of all this, n have no doubt many feel the same.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:31   #10
K-P

Just so you know.. in case you didnt... Ilyas Khan will almost definitely be reading this messaegboard... he used to be a regular contributor (100% fact) and had stronger opinions than me

so...

Go on Ilyas.. you know you want to and there are many here who would like to see it happen
Old 02-04-2009, 11:10   #11
God Member

Question Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would love to know the "REAL" truth of all this, n have no doubt many feel the same.
Too true Cashy, but will we find out what is going on??? I believe strongly that Eric will always do his best by the club, I just hope that others follow suit.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:23   #12
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device. When is the announement gonna be public? Seems its something everyone wants to know not just on here. Eric needs to be careful about over doing the suspence thing.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:59   #13
Senior Member+

We were talking about this on Saturday. There's a lot of uncertainty regarding this bid that has been 'made', but it is more encouraging to read that Ilyas Khan would be willing to step forward if it was all the fall through. The problem then lies in what Eric wants for the club.

By the way, does anyone know if all shareholders would be consulted before any sale went through? Wouldn't there have to be a shareholders meeting or something?
Old 02-04-2009, 12:24   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
We were talking about this on Saturday. There's a lot of uncertainty regarding this bid that has been 'made', but it is more encouraging to read that Ilyas Khan would be willing to step forward if it was all the fall through. The problem then lies in what Eric wants for the club.

By the way, does anyone know if all shareholders would be consulted before any sale went through? Wouldn't there have to be a shareholders meeting or something?
i assume ya mean "Cash"? regarding what eric wants for the club.
Old 02-04-2009, 15:26   #15
Dan
Senior Member+

Mr Khan will be on 2BR this afternoon at 430 and 530, with a more detailed interview to follow tomorrow...

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..