Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2012, 16:18   #1
God Member

Ilyas speaks ....

well that's a lie actually but he needs to.

I don't think anybody begrudges Coley and Bell, and Proccy, the chances to move upwards as they have done in the last few days - but it all feels like the desertion of a sinking ship. Did the captain fall into the lifeboat as he claims or did he jump both feet first!

The club doesn't seem to have had any inspiring words to issue since .... well I don't know when. I expected words in the summer along the lines of we are going to build on the success of the play off bid and .... but all we got were 70% season ticket hikes and silence.

This season we have had wholesale job losses/cuts and important people have left the club and not been replaced. This week what was left of the soul of the club has been jiffy bagged and sent recorded post o'er 'owd Betts.

Football clubs get over losses quicker than fans expect, but Coley was more than a manager for me. He was the heartbeat of the place and the only one who ever spoke to the media. Gutted is the word that all Reds will feel today.

How do we move on from here?
What plans have the club got in place?
What has next season got in store for us?

Words please Ilyas, Rob - and soon
Old 23-01-2012, 16:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas speaks ....

It would appear to me that Procky's departure fits snugly into the Rochdale jigsaw. John and Jimmy must have been like another set of parents to him as they have come up through the leagues together over the years. I also would urge Ilyas to speak to the fans asap in order to give us some transparent information. Looking back at the contract terms that John and Jimmy signed up to 2015; clearly Ilyas and his team have been very, very astute and at least the club should get some decent financial compensation for the loss of the two legends. Already wished them good luck on another thread but I am filled with utter anxiety about who can possibly replace them.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 17:15   #3
God Member

There's maybe an argument for letting the dust settle but we do need some kind of strong statement and reassurances from the Board of where the Club is going.

As Macca points out a lot of invaluable experience has left the Club in one way or another this past few months which has left holes and has also had an affect on fans in different ways.

As I posted on another thread we are very much at a crossroads certainly not one I saw coming and probably 99% of fans didn't but as one of Coley's tunes that the players used to walk out on to the pitch went this is "The Time for Action"

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 18:50   #4
Member.

Ilyas Khan was on Radio Lanc's tonight apparently. I missed all of it so if any one did get to hear it could they share it with us.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 19:10   #5
God Member

Ilyas did speak. Here is the link to the Radio Lancashire programme: BBC iPlayer - Sport: 23/01/2012

Listen from 8 minutes in.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2012, 19:55   #6
God Member

cheers Shaky

the highlights then:

"I haven't spoken to Jimmy .... but I expect he will be going with him"

"lots of calls already from agents and people suggesting the next manager"

"you never know, we might pull a rabbit out of the hat and he might change his mind"

"you might be taking John out of the club, but you'll never take the club out of John"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..