Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2010, 18:25   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Is anyone else concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Barnett was inconsistent at tranmere and never got a run of games.
Rovers fans reckon he could be a good player for us and will improve if given a extended run in the team.
He goes missing in games and doesnt like to get involved when it gets physical, but he is meant to have a great touch, can dribble and a decent cross/pass.
John Miles replacement?
sounds promising that to me,
Old 04-08-2010, 09:13   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Forgive me for raking over old coals, but am I the only one who is seriously worried about the lack of a statement from the club re the lifting of the current transfer embargo? Less than a week till the new season kicks in and we still can't register players just what the hell is going on?
JC, ably assisted by JB, seems to have got a semblance of a Team together for Saturday, and for this we must rejoice !
However, several little birds keep flying past my window whistling disturbing little songs about the 'ground safety' presenting risks which might well put the issuing of the vitally necessary Safety Certificates being allotted to The Stanley !!..
Of course, I ignored to a large extent tthese alarming rumours, but being one who is inclined to worry a little about important things like Safety Certificates. will someone tell me that my concerns are unfounded !!

Yours etc. etc. etc....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:18   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Of course, I ignored to a large extent tthese alarming rumours, but being one who is inclined to worry a little about important things like Safety Certificates. will someone tell me that my concerns are unfounded !!

I think you will be safe enough, I've seen the company you keep
Old 04-08-2010, 11:21   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
JC, ably assisted by JB, seems to have got a semblance of a Team together for Saturday, and for this we must rejoice !
However, several little birds keep flying past my window whistling disturbing little songs about the 'ground safety' presenting risks which might well put the issuing of the vitally necessary Safety Certificates being allotted to The Stanley !!..

Yours etc. etc. etc....
them birds sure get about.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:53   #50
Senior Member+

Charlie burnett is a good player,and use to make up a great footballing midfield with jimmy and razor.
My only fear is that he thinks hes better than league 2 and starts to toss it off when the team has to dig in.
Saying that i dont think the manager or players will allow this to happen ,so i predict another successful signing from mr Coleman and Bell,They should be salesmen not football managers lol
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:27   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
them birds sure get about.
Are they in Stanley colours though? Might be a case of cow pats mixing. The club needs to come out and say what is going on though them birds might be tweeting something close to the truth.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:36   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Are they in Stanley colours though? Might be a case of cow pats mixing. The club needs to come out and say what is going on though them birds might be tweeting something close to the truth.
Yep they sure are spugs! perhaps Mr Heys will issue another apology soon? that counts fer a lot.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:44   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think you will be safe enough, I've seen the company you keep
It's for their security that i'm worried Dave !!....but what about that Certificate of Safety...should I really be alarmed at what is being whispered in my ear ?...or is it just my High Anxiety kicking in again ?.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:59   #54

Does anyone know if the new perimeter advertising board is in place yet? thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 13:24   #55
God Member

Quote:
It's for their security that i'm worried Dave !!....but what about that Certificate of Safety...should I really be alarmed at what is being whispered in my ear ?...or is it just my High Anxiety kicking in again ?.
I don't do Safety Certificates so I have no idea. However if it helps soothe your anxiety I can do you a t-shirt that says 'Certified Safe' on your chest, or would you like me to miss out the 'Safe' bit
Old 04-08-2010, 13:34   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't do Safety Certificates so I have no idea. However if it helps soothe your anxiety I can do you a t-shirt that says 'Certified Safe' on your chest, or would you like me to miss out the 'Safe' bit
Ouch !!..Now that really hurt !!...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:58   #57
Super Moderator

Safety Certificate's arriving "tomorrow"...according to the Evening Telegraph.

Stanley set for safety certificate (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 05-08-2010, 09:06   #58
God Member

Smile Re: Is anyone else concerned?

Just seen that WH, good news.....

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:28   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Does anyone know if the new perimeter advertising board is in place yet? thanks.
They weren't up last night.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:42   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Safety Certificate's arriving "tomorrow"...according to the Evening Telegraph.

Stanley set for safety certificate (From Lancashire Telegraph)
So say the LET, usual silence from the club.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..