Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 14:55   #91

Re: It's Saturday and we're Away

For the prices they charge to get in, you should be allowed to sit, stand or do bloody cartwheels if you feel so inclined. Taking Jase's little kazoo thingy was just laughable.

The whole place is just a joke. Following Stanley, I have always found away games to be pleasent experiences, but this took the p**s (even Hereford let flags in).
Old 12-11-2006, 15:21   #92
God Member

if wed have won we could have had donny rovers at home

oh well we will take beating them away in JPT eh?
Old 12-11-2006, 15:55   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
if wed have won we could have had donny rovers at home
IF....... I'm surprised nobody has written a poem about that.
Old 12-11-2006, 16:33   #94
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
Yes, by standing up!
Obviously it seems a stupid rule to enforce but that's the way it is.
If you already know that they're going to be ******* with the away fans then don't give them ammo to throw people out & spoil the day!!
Don't go dishing out digs about not being there, some of us have other responsibilities away from a game.
Wasn't having a dig, you weren't there, you don't know what happened. I missed Watford but didn't feel the need to comment as I wasn't there.

Yet I'm stupid, because I'd like to stand in a football ground & support my team as fans have done for 100+ years up & down the country.....

UK Stadia are increasingly sterile places with no atmosphere & I for one will continue to try to stand & support the reds with as much gusto as possible.

Shaker it is only a few weeks ago you complained about the atmosphere. Maybe the ones who do sing at Accy games shouldn't bother? Everyone be happier?

As for not going, despite watching 15 minutes through the railings I had a fantastic day thanks....

Tweedy Tales included, breaking down on the highest motorway in England, Harry kicking his shoe in the Lake, me stripping off & rescuing it, out singing Mansfield (as always), joining in the Anti Keith Haslam protest outside the directors lounge, discussing football with some great lads in the bar, Nicks Chippy & Ma Hubbards etc etc

Stay home? Erm no!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 16:38   #95
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
When you enter a football stadium you agree to adhere to the terms and conditions that they and the FA have set. If that means remaining sat down in a seated area then you have little cause to complain.
You don't have to agree with it, but you should comply. You don't like it, don't go.

Simple.
But its not that simple is it?

Say the next rule was no scarves because they may be a trip hazard if left unattended. Say they said no shouting AT ALL for health & safety. Where does it stop ? & Before you say that its silly. If you'd have told me in 1985 that terraces would be banned I'd have laughed my winky off.

Yet here we are in 2006 & you can't stand up & if you do footie fans think its ok for you to be ejected for it. Thats Balls! & Footie fans up & down the country who are also passionate about stadia with no atmosphere also agree.

Only in England would fans go "Oh well, them's the rules"

Football fans are only £££££'s to the authorities & it stinks!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-11-2006, 16:41   #96
God Member

The rules aren't made for no reason.
They are there to be followed and as Tin Monkey said, you agree to follow them when you enter a football ground.
If you see it right to break the rules and consequently get thrown out then fair enough, just don't moan about it, you have no reason to.
It's not the stewards fault - they don't pick on fans, they act on instructions to make sure it is safe for people in the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller
Maybe the ones who do sing at Accy games shouldn't bother?
I said nothing against singing, I have no idea where you got that from.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 16:47   #97
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
The rules aren't made for no reason.
They are there to be followed and as Tin Monkey said, you agree to follow them when you enter a football ground.
If you see it right to break the rules and consequently get thrown out then fair enough, just don't moan about it, you have no reason to.
It's not the stewards fault - they don't pick on fans, they act on instructions to make sure it is safe for people in the ground.

I said nothing against singing, I have no idea where you got that from.
How did I moan about it? I reacted to being called stupid ............. I wasn't bothered in the slightest TBH as the experience IN THE GROUND at Mansfield is ****.

Nearly stayed at home TBH

Others complained about being treated like **** by stewards who impliment the same rules as we do (& Stockport etc etc) but do it in a way that screams "jobsworth"

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-11-2006, 16:48   #98
God Member

this is why i love the fes cause you can stand up and wander round the clayton end.so enjoy now cause as soon as we get a roof theylle make it all seater talk about rock and a hard place
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 17:03   #99
God Member

Like I said before, if the stewards in yours and others opinion are acting wrongly it should be reported to the safety officer or directly to the club.
My only point is that people knew the reputation of Mansfield's stewards before the game, so I don't understand why people thought it would be a good idea to break the rules in the first place.
Quote:
If you'd have told me in 1985 that terraces would be banned I'd have laughed my winky off.
Incidents like Hillsborough have brought about rules such as the ones implemented at Mansfield to keep people safe. There can't be any real argument against them, to do so would be absurd.

You support Stanley in your way & I'll do it in my 'grumpy old man sitting down with prawn sandwiches' way.
Old 12-11-2006, 17:08   #100
Senior Member+

Shaker, there really ain't gonna be a Hillsborough disaster with 170 Accy fans & the back row stood up

All we ask is some common sense. 900 stood up at Ibrox when we went with Aberdeen.... & it was full & fans died in thre Ibrox disaster years ago

PS I don't mind how you support Stanley just object to your opinionated view of how others support. I'm sure you would if I said that you are only young & must stand & chant on the ClaytonEnd. I stopped one fan yesterday who was screaming for EVERYONE to join in. Not everyone wants to sing. We understand that as you must understand my need to shout till I'm hoarse STOOD UP!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-11-2006, 17:22   #101
God Member

I was just highlighting why the rules were brought in, and yes I agree, as with a lot of rules in football the people who enforce them should be allowed to exercise common sense in their decision making however they are rarely given any slack at all by authoritative bodies.
We'll have to agree to disagree as I don't see why sitting down hinders singing and shouting for the team, I do it every home game! Each to their own I guess.
Keep the faith.
Old 12-11-2006, 17:23   #102
God Member

why do opera singers stand up????
Old 12-11-2006, 17:44   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
why do opera singers stand up????
Coz generally if they sat down they'd have to pay for 2 or more seats!!!

Ba dum tsch!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 17:54   #104
God Member

its bloody difficult trying to reach the pit of your belly to drag out the extra decibles required to sing when you are a Stanley fan. If we had 40000 then we wouldn't need to sing as loud and as long. Due to the fact that there aint many of us we sing louder and longer than anybody else IMHO, this means a little dancing, foot stomping, stoopid clapping and singing from the bottom of yer boots. Standing required.

I agree that the stewards have a job to do, i for one had a good laugh with em although I and they both agreed that they were over-officious. The Chief Steward at Mansfield has a zero tolerance and they are as notorious with their own fans as with away fans. You couldn't stand up or bang on the back of the stand but you could smoke and you got lids with your bottles?????
Old 13-11-2006, 12:56   #105
Resting In Peace

Quote:
If you'd have told me in 1985 that terraces would be banned I'd have laughed my winky off.
I thought you were an Aberdeen supporter. Wasn't Pittodrie all seater in 1985 ? Did you laugh your winky off then ? Don' t the Stewards throw you out even if you look at an opposition supporter at Pittodrie ? Do you stand up and refuse to sit down at Pitoddrie? It wasn't Mansfield's rules that state you must be seated it is the Council Safety Officer who issues a safety certificate for seated fans. In the programme it stated that if you entered the ground you accepted all the rules and this included sitting down in seated areas.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..