Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2010, 22:48   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: John Miles

My thoughts on the loss of miles, yes he could be a lazy get, but could be on his holidays fer 88 mins n produce a great cross, or goal, n he produced quite a few crosses last season that led to em, a player like that will be missed much more than kempson, who always gave 100% that part of him could not be faulted, but was not good enough fer league 2, i fear unless replaced by one of similar skill to miles, our points total next term will be quite a bit less.
Old 30-06-2010, 05:31   #47
God Member

The timing is poor as is the apparent way of letting the Club know, I would have expected more from a player who was Club Vice-Captain

As Cashy has said Miles did have the tricks in his locker to unlock defences to set up a winner but also from a fans point of view he was also frustrating when you knew he could do that but then failed to deliver.

I am sad to see him go as he had plenty of league experience but these things happen especially it seems at Stanley for whatever reasons?

Bring on the pre-season friendlies so our thoughts can be distracted from what is happening off the field all the time

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 11:35   #48
God Member

Someone to get crosses into the box - sounds like it's just the opening Mr. Turner has been waiting for?
Hope the lad gets a decent run of games next season as I feel that's what's required to get the best out of him.
Will someone text Miles everytime a goal goes in from a Turner cross?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 13:23   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Someone to get crosses into the box - sounds like it's just the opening Mr. Turner has been waiting for?
Hope the lad gets a decent run of games next season as I feel that's what's required to get the best out of him.
Will someone text Miles everytime a goal goes in from a Turner cross?
If ya give me his mobile number, i will gladly.
Old 30-06-2010, 19:38   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
What has happened/is happening at Fleetwood presumably isn't just the result of their backer throwing money at players. The change in manage last season smacked of someone having worked out a vision for a clubs and of taking steps to achieve it. Although not everything was rosy by any means in the EW years, at least there wad that decisiveness and sense of purpose. I just hope for Fleetwood's sake that that haven't made the mistake of other Lancashire clubs in seemingly paying out money in wages whilst forgetting the tax man.

I'm not sure I'd they will pass us on the way up as I hope that our FL adventure still has some way to go.

On the subject of Miles, on those occasions I've seen him play when I've been able to get to games, he seemed a luxury player who wasn't always in the game but was capable of producing the odd moment of magic. I'm not convinced that there's any place for that kind of player on League 2. League 1, perhaps, but not 2. It'd bad form for him not to speak to JC face to face, especially when he'd agreed to signs new contract, buoy perhaps he was still waiting for his to be typed as well and was sick of waiting until "next week".

It would be nice if whoever takes his place in the squad could offer some genuine width like we used to enjoy from Roberts, Prendergast, Hoskin...

I reckon Rory and Ashley could be tempted to 'do a Craney'and return to 'The Crown' for a small fee !!. as for Gary Roberts ???.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 21:31   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/b]

I reckon Rory and Ashley could be tempted to 'do a Craney'and return to 'The Crown' for a small fee !!. as for Gary Roberts ???.
"Get Grimmy on"
Old 02-07-2010, 10:11   #52
Senior Member+

John Miles' side of the story:
I didn't move for money: Miles - Accrington Observer
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:06   #53
God Member

Sorry Milesy, not buying it. You had the choice of either six months to prove yourself as a Football League player, hereby obtaining a longer contract at a Football League club. Or, take the easy route and sign a 12-month deal at a non-league club for "not a massive pay rise". When faced with the prospect of actually having to prove yourself to earn a contract half way through the season, instead of settling into a season-long deal (and going missing for most of it), you've bottled it. All the best with your future but I think, as with Darran Kempson, you'll come to regret the decision.

TTFN.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 11:23   #54
God Member

"I admit I had given my word to Accrington but anyone who says they would still sign if someone came in with a bigger or longer contract is a liar."

No, Mr Miles, you're wrong in assuming that everyone has your moral character. I realise it's an out dated concept in football, if not in society in general, but maybe sticking to their word is what a more honourable and adult person would do.
Just hope they like the smell of fish at Fleetwood, 'cos you're behaviour stinks.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:45   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
"I admit I had given my word to Accrington but anyone who says they would still sign if someone came in with a bigger or longer contract is a liar."

No, Mr Miles, you're wrong in assuming that everyone has your moral character. I realise it's an out dated concept in football, if not in society in general, but maybe sticking to their word is what a more honourable and adult person would do.
Just hope they like the smell of fish at Fleetwood, 'cos you're behaviour stinks.
that comment is bang on, a statement i couldn't have made without swearing. No Excuse at all fer texting coley in my book, no matter how he tries to justify it. it just demonstrates how much stanley meant to him, on that basis GOOD RIDDANCE.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:52   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Well, I suppose it must be official now!!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 20:07   #57
Full Member+

I for one won't miss him. Good riddance.

Go and enthrall the good folk of Fleetwood with your immense talent for being invisible for the majority of games and your incredible work ethos !!!

They'll soon wonder why they offered him more bunce for a one year deal.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 15:33   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Just looked on fleetwood fc site [dooohhh] yep they confirmed so

The running of club is peeing me off - no flipping news or owt coming from them at all - other clubs update their supporters, suppose no news soon of any replacements ... probably get that from the LET 1st
i agree ... i didnt even know till somebody told me! website is crap! about time we started acting like a proper football club. we never get told anything!
Gribbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 17:25   #59
Senior Member+

John miles is a decent feller who rightfully has placed his family first.
He loved being at Accy and had aspirations to go back up the divisions before he hit 30, the fact he has taken a drop in divisions for the benifit of his family gets my respect.
And at least he sent a txt, kenny authur did nothing and you where all happy to have him back when released on a free.
Why the club would expect a senior quality player to take a 6 month deal to stay on the same wages is the real question that needs answering.
Whatever you think about miles and his form/application, his ability is never in doubt.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 16:08   #60
Senior Member+

I cant believe some people are still defending him.

Last season he had 3 good games all year and yet some STILL wanted him to stay.

Good riddance.............

HE PLAYS ON THE LEFT, HE PLAYS ON THE RIGHT, THE BOY CHRIS TURNER, MAKES FULL BACKS LOOK ........
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..