Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 14:00   #1
Senior Member+

Jpt final

Luton currently winning 2-1 against league 1 scunthorpe. Two good goals by Luton! Be good if stanley could get to play at wembley next few seasons in a final! We got a mention aswell commentator said! "These Luton players where playing up at Accrington Stanley with only 1000 people watching now they are playing infront of 55000 people. Most Luton fans. Got me thinking if we got to Wembley how many would we take?
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2009, 14:46   #2
God Member

Re: Jpt final

Posted via Mobile Device. Lol thats just a big dream for us, be fantastic but cant see it in my lifetime.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 14:56   #3
God Member

More annoying for the clubs is wondering where all those fans are week in week out. You would think it would be mostly Luton fans there today given the short travelling distance.
Old 05-04-2009, 15:05   #4
Senior Member+

Even more annoying than the 'fair weather' fans, was Sky's endless referrals to the points deduction, as though Luton were the victims of some personal vendetta.
Old 05-04-2009, 15:22   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Even more annoying than the 'fair weather' fans, was Sky's endless referrals to the points deduction, as though Luton were the victims of some personal vendetta.
True as if the football league thought for more fun this year will give Luton start Luton on -30 amd i do not know what the point deduction has to do with the JPT

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 15:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Posted via Mobile Device. Lol thats just a big dream for us, be fantastic but cant see it in my lifetime.
hey never say never, i thought that after 62, i would never see a stanley team back in the football league. as we now know there is fairies. mind i had to survive another 40 odd years.
Old 05-04-2009, 16:01   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Personally am well pleased fer the luton fans, who in my mind have had a crap deal.
Old 05-04-2009, 17:57   #8

great advert for league 2. thought luton played very well also one of the better to teams to come to our ground imho
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 21:57   #9
God Member

but will they get to defend it as a non-league side?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:54   #10

Never thought that I'd see my lot at Wembley once never mind twice!

Mind you i'm sure you'd rather preserve league soccer than relegation only to come back via a play off final....Wouldn't you?
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..