Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2010, 11:12   #1

Kev Long

Hi guys,

I'm putting together a post about our out-on-loan players for a Burnley FC blog.

How has Long done for you guys? Would you like him to stay for longer?

Ta, K!
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2010, 11:18   #2
God Member

Re: Kev Long

i'll keep it brief and stick to the facts

played 3, conceded 3 penalties and been sent off - anything else would be opinion.

sorry but it'd be a no from me
Old 14-11-2010, 11:32   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevr1990 View Post
Hi guys,

I'm putting together a post about our out-on-loan players for a Burnley FC blog.

How has Long done for you guys? Would you like him to stay for longer?

Ta, K!
You're back supporting Burnley then ? What happened to being the Accrington Stanley editor ?
Old 14-11-2010, 11:40   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You're back supporting Burnley then ? What happened to being the Accrington Stanley editor ?
Oh dear.
Old 14-11-2010, 13:04   #5
Junior Member+

I was at the game yesterday & thought he did pretty well. Southend had loads of possession but not much in the way of chances - he seemed to read balls into the box pretty well, plus he was quite vocal, I noticed.

Stanley conceded from a free kick into the box at the back post but that was a combination of winnard and hessey (i think) that got in each others way & getting beaten by their centre back.
Old 14-11-2010, 16:09   #6
Senior Member+

Not 1 of Coley's best loan signings for me.

Has looked all over the place in the 2 games ive seen him in at the Crown.
Old 15-11-2010, 12:51   #7
God Member

Have only seen him for 15 minutes against Chesterfield, where I thought he was a tad unfortunate to be conned by Le Fondler, and at Saturday's display at Southend, where he was pretty sound.
Old 15-11-2010, 16:09   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Have only seen him for 15 minutes against Chesterfield, where I thought he was a tad unfortunate to be conned by Le Fondler, and at Saturday's display at Southend, where he was pretty sound.
He really was unlucky, since le Fondre plays for Rotherham!
Old 16-11-2010, 00:52   #9
Full Member+

I think he'll do well in a couple of years...If he manages to learn from mistakes....but personally speaking....I wish he wasn't making them during our first team games.....Needs must and all that, but If we've no chance of signing the lad permanently.........I'd sooner see one of our young lads get the chance to play at centre half and learn from those mistakes than educate somebody who we've no chance of signing permanently.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 16-11-2010, 07:36   #10
God Member

Red face Re: Kev Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
He really was unlucky, since le Fondre plays for Rotherham!
Oh no, my dementia's back. I knew it was a team from foreign parts, though.
Old 16-11-2010, 13:10   #11
God Member

Kevin Long has extended his loan spell at the Crown Ground until December 11th.

The Burnley defender has made three appearances for the Reds since his short term move down the M65 last month.

Personally I thought he played very well against Oldham after a shaky start in the League. A few people erroneously attributed the penalty giveaway to him in the Cup tie when it was in fact Dean Winnard. Kevin was strong, decisive and towering in the air. I think he'll do well in the remainder of his stay.

Last edited by shakermaker; 16-11-2010 at 13:13.
Old 16-11-2010, 15:03   #12
Senior Member+

In part i agree with you shakermaker, what has been missing is a strong physical presence at the back.
My only reservation about him is his lack of pace, therefore its important who plays along side him.
In reality hes only played in the irish league and burnley reserves so hes on a learning curve.
I have seen a lot of good young centre backs over the years ( jonny flynn last year ) ,but i have not seen anything that sets him apart.
I would have still pinned my hopes on Owens to come thro and develop into a top player as hes as good a young prospect as i have seen.
Can anybody answer why hes been overlooked ? as he cant still be injured and he came on as a sub last week.
Old 17-11-2010, 08:27   #13
Dan
Senior Member+

Funny that football19 mentions both of these issues - I've spoken to Kevin Long and Andy Owens for a bit of a defensive special in Saturday's programme and they've had some interesting things to say.

Kevin seems a very determined character who admitted that not playing competitive football for a year has harmed his development but genuinely couldn't be happier to be getting the chance to play games (for what it's worth I personally agree with Shaker that he's improved with every appearance)

Andy is just recovering from a hamstring problem - he was superb for the ten minutes he was on at Southend, but then had to pull out of the warm down because it was hurting him a little. He's got a very interesting story to tell and has been coveted by plenty of clubs. His time will come I think. I was very impressed with the impact he made on Saturday.

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Old 17-11-2010, 09:44   #14
Senior Member+

Dan,i will read your article with interest at the weekend,but i think we are singing from the same hymm sheet !!!
Owens reminds me of Deanos centre back partner at blackburn ( academy and resis ) a german called Kevin Pezzoni , They were brillant together and he was 6-3 and left footed.
Despite winning the academy north league and resis lancs cup,He fell out with blackburn and went back to Germany and played the last 2 years in the top league,indeed juventus allegedally bid 3 million for him last year !!
He could play centre mid as well ( I suspect owens could as well ).
Funny thing is ,Phil Jones , whos starring for the first team at blackburn,had to settle for playing right back !!
Old 22-11-2010, 22:08   #15

will long play friday nite fa cup
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..