Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2011, 21:30   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Kevin Long

well pleased young long is back, good solid defender imho.
Old 05-08-2011, 23:19   #32
Full Member+

I'm one happy bunny, if Longy gets a decent run of games he'll be more than adequate replacement for whosit? ..err Edwards
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 13:33   #33
God Member

Unhappy Re: Kevin Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Massively chuffed with the news.

Straight in at the back with Hessey

Looks nice and solid to me.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Can he play with Hess?? In the main, he played instead of, or as replacement for Hess!!!!

LD, can you throw some light on to KL's playing position????

I know that Sunbeds played every game, but I thought that KL was a L(CB)??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As far as I'm aware he is a centre-back, but has been played right back all pre-season
Hess starts on the bench.....

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 18:25   #34
Senior Member+

Tweated ealier, that he wished football had a two week break, someone phone talksport going mad saying how can any football playing for accrington stanley say that, and he doesnt even want to be there and hopes he goes to have a good career but if he doesn't and has to get a normal job than he can complain if he doesn't have two weeks off

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 19:14   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Tweated ealier, that he wished football had a two week break, someone phone talksport going mad saying how can any football playing for accrington stanley say that, and he doesnt even want to be there and hopes he goes to have a good career but if he doesn't and has to get a normal job than he can complain if he doesn't have two weeks off
Depends if he said it tongue in cheek MCR? reckon any young un would say that at christmas. its hard to know what people mean on internet.
Old 23-12-2011, 19:59   #36
Senior Member+

That's the joy of being a pro, you don't have a xmas or new year ,its hard on the younger lads when there mates are partying are there training
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2011, 20:57   #37
God Member

Saw the tweets earlier, some of the replies were a bit harsh, he wasn't complaining just commenting it would be good to have time off at Christmas. I'd love 2 days a week off never mind 2 weeks off , just because I say it doesn't mean I'm complaining, goes with the job.

He is a bit of a wind up merchant on twitter
Old 23-12-2011, 21:39   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is he's a kid, many senior players n managers have argued fer a winter break fer years, aint seen no-one ever knock them.
Old 24-12-2011, 07:53   #39
Senior Member+

I wouldent take anything that Kev says serious on there,

He is the number 1 stanley wind up merchant !!!
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 08:34   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is he's a kid, many senior players n managers have argued fer a winter break fer years, aint seen no-one ever knock them.
Stanley usually get a winter break every season. Its just that this season the pitch has been a lot better than it has been in previous seasons.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 08:50   #41
Senior Member+

You've got to take in to account that players such as Kev and Podge aren't English and their families are back home in Ireland. Christmas is a time for family and friends and they won't get to be there. I mean if you had to spend Christmas in a different country to your family because of your job, you'd probably fancy a two week winter break like some of the European leagues have as well!! I know I would!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 09:02   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Stanley usually get a winter break every season. Its just that this season the pitch has been a lot better than it has been in previous seasons.

Haha
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2011, 09:23   #43
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The German football has a Winter break (plus they don't have as many cups & trophies to play for) so reducing the work load of the players & that is probably why the German national team continues to perform so well.
Old 24-12-2011, 09:27   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The German football has a Winter break (plus they don't have as many cups & trophies to play for) so reducing the work load of the players & that is probably why the German national team continues to perform so well.
Perhaps they should have had one of them in WW2 n give Russia a miss.
Old 24-12-2011, 11:33   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps they should have had one of them in WW2 n give Russia a miss.
Well no, if they left Russia alone, they would have had more resources to throw at us.
Then there would be no football on Boxing day, for us, and less cup competitions to exit early.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..