Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 20:14   #1
God Member

League Position

Our finishing position keeps getting better and better, heres the league table for this season.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg league-table.jpg (85.5 KB, 107 views)

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2010, 20:25   #2
God Member

Re: League Position

Nice one K.S.H. yet another year on year improvement, just cannot wait for next season!!!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 21:51   #3
Senior Member+

Not wishing to put a dampener on all this, but did we not finish 15th last year, albeit with a lot fewer points. Looking forward though to next season and an even bigger improvement with hopefully at least a play off position if not auto promotion. BTW if I am wrong on league position, I apologise now well in advance.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 22:18   #4
God Member

We finished 16th last year Oz.

We've gained one place and eleven points.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 22:43   #5

Triumph over adversity. The players, staff and supporters should be proud of this season. Onwards and upwards for next season!
Old 08-05-2010, 23:45   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

already looking forward to next season, a decent end following our poor run, would have been so easy to slide further, given we were safe early. met shaker,grimps, stanley convert, n ash, today, bookies had us down fer relegation pre-season, taxman had us down fer oblivion mid season, both parties can go get stuffed.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:50   #7
God Member

A very up & down season on & off the pitch

Seems like ages since the season actually kicked off given the fact that about a month ago I could'nt wait for the season to end, something has happened in this last month for me personally I am not sure if it seeing us turning the corner in terms of resuts or being at the last three away games and seeing the tremendous away following's.

Which in turn has ignited once again the passion in me for this "Great Little Club" of ours and seeing what it means to people to still have a football club let alone a football league club is amazing.

Onto the League I think I said somewhere probably several times earlier in the season that this Team was good enough for the Automatics which at the time I genuinely believed, I still feel however thought that we were at least good enough for the play-offs but given everything that has gone on, who we are and what has really been achieved by everyone at the Club this season it has been a remarkable journey for everyone involved.

Once again to improve our League position & points haul not forgetting the cup runs it has been a tremendous season for Stanley.

I wish everyone a great summer and look forward to doing it all again at the Crown Ground Ground starting in August

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:12   #8

From the aftermath of the HMRC saga just being in the Football League is an improvement!
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:10   #9
Senior Member+

A brilliant achievement especially with a fairly small squad and all that stress tiredness and distraction that last Autumn's events caused everybody.

Must not forget either the toll of the extra games including the friendlies that had to be played and the great cup runs. As Leeds go up and trade league places with my other club I look back with pride to Stanley's getting to the Semis and performance at Elland Road.

The postponement and consequent bunching of fixtures probably explain the worrying loss of form that started in January but at least we have finished the season showing what we expect we can look forward to.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 16:50   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
We finished 16th last year Oz.

We've gained one place and eleven points.
Thanks for putting me right shaker, I knew we had gained a hell of a lot more points and I was thinking 11 but a place up as well - even better

Even better point, if you factor out JPT, FA cup, SOS and league cup games out of the equation, our average attendance is 2,063 over the season at the Crown, possibly a lot higher if you factor in the above cup games as well

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 09-05-2010 at 17:00.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 18:06   #11
God Member

league only I think as per Official FL site

2009/2010 - 1980
2008/2009 - 1413
2007/2008 - 1633
2006/2007 - 2260
2005/2006 - 1894 (Conference winning year)
2004/2005 - 1507
2003/2004 - 1796

not available before that - all stats from here

approximately a 40% rise in a town hit fairly bad by recession and general skintiness is no great shame in my book!!!!
Old 09-05-2010, 18:14   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

apart from first season back in league, thats the best average in last 7. am very optimistic next season will surpass this un.ON STANLEY ON.
Old 09-05-2010, 18:35   #13
God Member

Smile Re: League Position

Darlo and Crewe - Friday games, were a big help in increasing the gates, along with the plight of the club, would like to see Friday night footy at The Crown next season!!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 19:01   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Darlo and Crewe - Friday games, were a big help in increasing the gates, along with the plight of the club, would like to see Friday night footy at The Crown next season!!!
From memory (with agreement) we can play 4 Friday (or Sunday) games as per FL rules per season.

However we should have announced that in the season ticket info (IMHO)

Friday night football needs careful planning; no good in December (too cold) nor do you want to lose good travelling support. I'm sure those in control will get it sorted!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 23:03   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Only works for me if I can get the Missus to drive so the Stevenage Borough game would be a good one to experiment with
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..