Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-12-2008, 12:22   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Lincoln v Stanley: Live on 2BR

From t'Fishy site:

Five goals in the final 22 minutes of the game changed what would have been a great away win into a night to forget for Stanley.

It just amuses me, on many different levels.

Also don't quite know what to make of this:

On Monday evening we travel to Altrincham to entertain Manchester United

Juggling, perhaps?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-12-2008, 13:49   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
From t'Fishy site:

Five goals in the final 22 minutes of the game changed what would have been a great away win into a night to forget for Stanley.

It just amuses me, on many different levels.
Yes. Trouble is football isn't a 68 minute game.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 19:02   #48
Full Member+

Talking Re: Lincoln v Stanley: Live on 2BR

Five goals in the final 22 minutes of the game changed what would have been a great away win into a night to forget for Stanley

One of the funniest quotes of the year

Onwards and upwards and all that
Old 13-12-2008, 21:23   #49
Senior Member+

From the Orange Football site;

The Imps fell behind after only 11 minutes when John Miles found the top corner with a long-range shot. Lincoln then had a let off when an effort from Jamie Clarke was blocked on the line.

City were jeered off at half-time but manager Peter Jackson responded by bringing on three substitutes and changing to 4-4-2.

Substitute Adrian Patulea levelled after 68 minutes with a simple tap in after an effort from Ben Wright came back off goalkeeper Kenny Arthur.

Patulea then hit the post with a low shot before Lincoln went in front after 78 minutes when Sam Mullarkey fired in a deep cross which was headed in by Aaron Brown. Five minutes later Brown set up Wright for a simple tap-in.

Accrington then collapsed in stoppage time conceding two more goals. Mullarkey's hard work set up Patulea who slammed the ball home from inside the penalty area. Then Patulea was brought down by Colin Murdock and Lee Frecklington converted the penalty.

And the stats last night on the same site said that we had a total of 3 shots (1 on target) against Lincoln's 14.

Who's surprised we lost with numbers like that?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2008, 22:00   #50
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
City were jeered off at half-time but manager Peter Jackson responded by bringing on three substitutes and changing to 4-4-2. ?
Large sections of the ground, behind the goals and in the stands where chanting "4-4-2" prior to half time... hmm people power?
Old 13-12-2008, 22:33   #51

decided I need counselling - but seems I'm at the back of the queue !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 14:13   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
hmm people power?
Doesn't work; I've been chanting "sign Terry Gornell" for weeks .......

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 09:06   #53
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Sounds like we only played with 10 men.
We did. We had a statue at right back by the name of James Bell. If he is a footballer I am a Dutchman. He didn't make one tackle all the game. He did put one good cross in though, unforutnately it was into his own penalty area.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 15:50   #54
Resting in Peace

Make that 9 men then. I share your opinion BTW.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 18:28   #55
Senior Member+

hes is only young he is one the next crop of footballers to be playing for stanley! i think bobby grant is by far the best player to come through the ranks at stanley he will be playing at a higer level in next couple of years! bell just needs confidance really

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 08:52   #56
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
hes is only young he is one the next crop of footballers to be playing for stanley!
He will never be 'one of the next crop of footballers to be playing for Stanley' because he is not a footballer. I am sure that if his name wasn't Bell he wouldn't even have a contract.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:42   #57

if he was any good he would be in the team week in week out not on the beach. like smith out on lone to over teams to get better. yes he when out to prestscot should be out at places like fleetwood over higher levels but not so for me his name is contrac (sorry of the spelling)
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:49   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
if he was any good he would be in the team week in week out not on the beach. like smith out on lone to over teams to get better. yes he when out to prestscot should be out at places like fleetwood over higher levels but not so for me his name is contrac (sorry of the spelling)
What a silly thing to say. Bell would have to be better than King, Cavanagh, Richardson and Murphy to get played every week, not just 'any good'.
Can anyone honestly say he was drastically poorer than any of our other players during the game? From the commentary they all seemed to be equally inept in the second half.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..