Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2008, 21:04   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Mangan Back??

now we got a striker aslong as we score more goal then them who cares

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2008, 21:07   #32

but we bloody cant can we
depechemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 21:09   #33
God Member

Are u volunteering to score the goals for us depeche??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 21:10   #34

the way i shaped in the crossbar challenge no
Old 20-02-2008, 21:14   #35
God Member

Well then what are you ranting for? No good critising someone for something you yourself cannot do or not in a position to do

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-02-2008, 21:23   #36

Well Im Not A Pro Footballer Am I But A Supporter Who Would Like To See His Team Not Go 1 Down In The First Half Week In Week Out . Sorry Am I Not In The Click Again ??
Old 20-02-2008, 21:31   #37
God Member

I have never understood why people post in forums where they think everybody else is a member of the clique. If it was me I wouldn't go back and join in
Old 20-02-2008, 21:36   #38
Resting in Peace

"MANGAN!" - "ON ME 'ED!". But not when the whistle goes, please!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 21:37   #39
God Member

Its not about being in the 'clique' its nothing to do with it just cos they dont agree with ya!! We're all supporters/fans, we all want to see the club do well & rise to their potential, but this is football get real, problems like ours are happening all over the divisions & makes footy what it is & a lot of it is tactical & a lot of it is luck & graft. While i may disagree with some of coleys decisions at times i respect he is the manager, like ive said before ASFC are a team effort - we could have alex fergie but could he manage on our money?!? but he's not so im afraid coley does well as he can & money talks.

Knocking the coley/team with berated comments all day & week long serves nothing but negativity fueling the fire of it sort of speak & is it serving any purpose, do u think coley is going to be sacked because of a few anti management rantings?? Do u think our team is going to perform any better because of it?????? So what are u trying to achieve?? i think that is what people are questioning

If we do bad one match rant for a day or so fine but then move onto hope for the next match even if its false hope, because at this late stage of the season we cant afford to lose a management team [despite how u feel] & if we did who would replace that..............???????? Eric by himself ??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 20-02-2008, 22:14   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by depechemode View Post
why no defender yet ??
JC quoted in Sporting Life today:

"Coleman also revealed he is still searching for defensive reinforcements, adding: "Hopefully we'll have another defender in by the weekend.""

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2008, 23:08   #41

Coleman also revealed he is still searching for defensive reinforcements, adding: "Hopefully we'll have another defender in by the weekend"

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o micheal welchy one can only hope
grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 06:45   #42
Senior Member+

The thing is, whoever we bring in, nothing ever seems to change. The problem seems to be with tactics and training, not personel
Old 21-02-2008, 08:22   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
The thing is, whoever we bring in, nothing ever seems to change. The problem seems to be with tactics and training, not personel
Got to agree TM - and what happened to letting the defence settle in together & not chopping & changing it so much
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 10:49   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

For me one of the major defensive problems we have had this season is the fact that our defense seems to be different everytime we play. Last week was the first time in a while that the same set of defenders have started the game as the previous game.

Also for me you have to defend as a team, starting with your forwards closing the ball down, Mully does this, however the midfield and support strikers seem to go missing on a regular basis, leaving a big hole behind the midfield and infront of the defense. We tend to see alot of our midfield having to turn and run towards our own goal chasing the opposition midfield, rather than facing their midfield and making them play round us whilst harrying them. All of our midfield are very attacking orientated and we seem to suffer from Gerrard / Lampard syndrome where both central midfielders go on the attack and no-one hangs backs to fill in the gap infront of the defense. The way for us to compensate this tactically would be to play 4-5-1, with a defensive midfielder sat in the hole just in front of the defense, so that yur attacking orientated midfielders could push on into the attack.

___________________________ 1

2________________3___________________4____________ _____5

___________________________ 6

7________________8___________________9____________ _____10

___________________________ 11

The question is what personnel you would use, and could our players implement this successfully. (sorry about the lines, couldn't get it to space out right without them!!!)

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by sparkie; 21-02-2008 at 10:54. Reason: spacing issues
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 11:12   #45
Resting In Peace

We played 4-5-1 away at Peterborough
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..