Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2009, 11:56   #1
Member.

Marcelle Lazarus takes a Shot

Ian Rush
Tuesday 6th Oct 2009

Rush supports SOS Campaign
Liverpool legend Ian Rush has been raising awareness of the SOS Campaign and has taken part in a radio interview broadcasted on Liverpool Football Club Radio Station.

The former Anfield striker met up with Accrington Stanley’s Joint Chair-Person Marcelle Lazarus for a photo opportunity in the week leading up to the Liverpool vs Hull match, where the Stanley Ultras were invited to collect donations in buckets. Speaking about the partnership with Liverpool, Marcelle said “I would like to say a big thank you to everybody at the club for such great support, especially Karen Shrimpton and Kevin Randall who organised the whole event so well and of course Ian Rush for promoting the SOS Campaign”

To hear the interview with Ian Rush, click here.

About bloody time....where's the photo Marcella

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2009, 12:00   #2

Re: Marcelle Lazarus takes a Shot

And talking of Ian Rush... whatever happened to the suggestion of a Stanley vs Liverpool Legends match that was mooted a couple of weeks back...?

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:03   #3
God Member

A PHOTO....thats gonna do Stanley the world of good aint it .... PATHETIC
Old 06-10-2009, 12:35   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Ian Rush
Tuesday 6th Oct 2009

Rush supports SOS Campaign
Liverpool legend Ian Rush has been raising awareness of the SOS Campaign and has taken part in a radio interview broadcasted on Liverpool Football Club Radio Station.

The former Anfield striker met up with Accrington Stanley’s Joint Chair-Person Marcelle Lazarus for a photo opportunity in the week leading up to the Liverpool vs Hull match, where the Stanley Ultras were invited to collect donations in buckets. Speaking about the partnership with Liverpool, Marcelle said “I would like to say a big thank you to everybody at the club for such great support, especially Karen Shrimpton and Kevin Randall who organised the whole event so well and of course Ian Rush for promoting the SOS Campaign”
This is a joke! Just how difficult is it to arrange a photo opportunity and a radio interview (for Liverpool FC Radio)?

As Doug said, where is the photo?

How much money is this likely to have raised? Did LFC make a contribution to the SOS Fund?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:57   #5
God Member

Its really all credit to the ultras in all honesty for sorting it & bucket collecting at anfield - nice that they got a thanks

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 13:45   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
This is a joke! Just how difficult is it to arrange a photo opportunity and a radio interview (for Liverpool FC Radio)?

As Doug said, where is the photo?

How much money is this likely to have raised? Did LFC make a contribution to the SOS Fund?
But Did anyone hear..or better still record what Ms.Lazarus had to say on the radio last night...we just may have missed something of profound importance!...
or am I just whistling in the wind again RR ???...

(Alfred.E. and I tried but could't find the frequency !!...er the Radio Frequency that is!!)

'ON STANLEY....ON!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 14:15   #7
Super Moderator

Looks like Marcelle talked him into doing a bit of fund raising for us...

Rush to help Accrington Stanley fund-raising (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 07-10-2009, 14:23   #8

That's great, but isn't that after the HMRC deadline?
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 14:28   #9
Super Moderator

Yes, but it says that can be used as "evidence of guaranteed income". If we survive, it'll be one helluva a party, on the other hand...
Old 07-10-2009, 18:54   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

£50 a ticket WTF I have nothing left with all the games coming up and other various events, I would love to go, Rush and Ruddock, I will have to pass on this

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 19:07   #11
God Member

I'm led to believe that 50 notes is a standard ish price these days bearing in mind top location and banqueting etc. steep price and I hope to go - but we'll have to see. It should be well attended by bigwigs though so even without us lot - the great unwashed it will bring in the pennies.

Ian rush is a friend of a friend on the ASSF and we had been hoping to have him and David Lloyd later on in the season, but this takes priority. We'll try to get it on later in the season though so you can all have some notice to save up
Old 07-10-2009, 19:09   #12
God Member

Ah yeah, I see that advertised on the fishy site and SOS site

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 19:11   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Can I have a refund on my donations then I could go and the SOS would get the money back.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 19:20   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Can I have a refund on my donations then I could go and the SOS would get the money back.
As it's been arranged for weeks and nothing publicised I would guess it's an invited audience. Not for peasants

Mind you £50 entry and another £50 for a pint, you'll need some serious brass
Old 07-10-2009, 19:33   #15
God Member

And some good guts to stomach it, "thi don't keep a gud pint dayn't Dunk"

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..