Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2011, 11:01   #1
Junior Member+

Marine Friendly

Hello all!

Marine fan here, we are playing you tonight. What sort of team do you think we can expect from you?
We have a friendly against Everton and Wigan coming up but I know we can expect youth and reserve players but we played Tranmere Rovers last week and they put out their first team.

You will get our first team but we seem to be experimenting with formations and positions. May be surprised with some of the talent we have!

Plus how many fans do you think will come? If it is anything like the Tranmere game it will be entertaining! For a fiver you might as well come along!

NeilEFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2011, 12:35   #2

Re: Marine Friendly

Hi Neil,
In our friendly on Saturday against Barrow we started with 8 trialists with, I think, 4 first team members being substituted for the second half. Reasonable, I think, to expect a similar team tonight.
I’ve no idea how many fans are going to make the journey. I’m looking forward to it very much as I hail from Crosby and visited Marine a few times in my youth. Is George and Angela’s just as good as it used to be?

SOS 105 / c491
cast42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2011, 12:53   #3
Junior Member+

I am looking forward to it! I hope there are more first teamers to give our lads a good run around!

I rarely go there! College fryer next door to the stadium is where we go at half time. Or a large hot chocolate from fuel cafe over the road.

Hopefully should see our team take shape tonight, promising season ahead of us I hope!
Old 26-07-2011, 13:07   #4

Chip shop info duly noted.

One more question – are away fans allowed to drink in the club bar or will I have to go to the Bug for a pre match pint?

SOS 105 / c491
Old 26-07-2011, 13:21   #5
Junior Member+

I believe you are allowed. I only turned 18 in april so rarely go there but I think you can yes. Whenever it is segregated they open the suite so yes go the club! Everyone is friendly in there.

Infact I have a question myself. I am an Everton season ticket holder as well as marine as they rarely clash. Meeting an Everton player is a big occasion for me, whereas at Marine, I know most of the players and speak to them regularly.
What are Accrington fans like with their players? Do you know any of them? or are you desperate for an autograph when you meet one? I have often wondered this about league 1 and 2 clubs! You may even see half the Marine team in the club after the game!
Old 26-07-2011, 14:01   #6

“…only turned 18 in April so rarely go there”? I was drinking in the Marine club when I was still at school. But anyway…

I’ve been a Man City fan for a number of years so know exactly what you mean about the distance between fans and players in Premiership clubs. Accrington Stanley, on the other hand, prides itself on being a ‘family’. With the crowd being so small (too small, unfortunately) you feel your support counts for more and there is plenty of interaction between fans, players and management. For example, after most games there is a man of the match presentation in the bar which most of the team turn up for. Even the much revered chairman and saviour of the club is extremely approachable. It’s one of the reasons I love going so much.

SOS 105 / c491
Old 26-07-2011, 14:47   #7
Junior Member+

We had Moor Lane for all our underage drinking They knew how old we were at Marine!

I would say Everton have a good relationship fans because opportunities to meet them come round a lot and whenever you do they aren't afraid to stick around for a chat.

Good luck tonight! I want our players knackered by the end of it!
Old 27-07-2011, 01:25   #8
Junior Member+

Was that a football match or a UFC match?
The players looked like completely different people, could of ended up with 3 each getting sent off!

you impressed with any of your trialists? I thought in parts we passed the ball well and considering the league difference we were quite good. But second half was just fight after fight.
Gouldings two footed kung fu head kick he's such a nice feller! and the little snide digs when the keeper wasn't looking! Hope I never see a match like that again even if at times I was in tears laughing! FC United isn't even that bad!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..