Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2004, 17:25   #1
Senior Member+

Match Report - Burton Albion

It's now on the official site for all you far away supporters. Go and have a read.
Old 14-08-2004, 17:26   #2

Talking Re: Match Report - Burton Albion

You star - thanks a lot..

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:02   #3

Re: Match Report - Burton Albion

burton would of won if accrington hadn't of cheated like always pushing and holding us down so we couldn't get to the ball!!! so you only won because you cheated!!! cheats
coca_cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:13   #4

lol.. any excuse ^^
Mik Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2004, 20:16   #5

lol but you have got to admit that your number 10 mullins was jumping on our players a bit i'm not trying to make excuses here or anything you won at thats that so... good look for this season (and thats from a burton fan who went today)
Old 14-08-2004, 20:23   #6
Full Member+

I thought the Burton players went over far too easily and got most of the decisions. As we were denied an obvious penalty and still beat you 3-1, I think you need to sort out your defence. Cheats!! Honestly are people still using that tired old cliche.
Old 14-08-2004, 20:27   #7

we did sometimes but most of the time your number 10 was holding us down like when we had corners he was always holding onto one of our players so they couldn't get the ball but the ref didn't notice thats what you call cheating not bein mean by the way!
Old 14-08-2004, 23:42   #8
Full Member+

You don`t really want to be saying you were beaten by one man do you?
Your forwards did`nt really have a decent shot from open play and in the second half your defence was woeful. To think before the start of the match I would have been happy with a draw!!
Old 15-08-2004, 09:41   #9

That would be the same number 10 (Mullin) whose shirt the Burton centre-half tried to swap before the game had ended?!

Mate - you've gone from "Accrington cheated" to "your number ten used his arms a bit"! Whats your point? Like I said, your centre-half give as good as he got if not more! You were there? So what? You obviously weren't paying attention.....Do shut up with your silly excuses......you were never really a threat - we were and that is why you lost.

I think we can expect every sore fan to come on here and recycle the old "Accrington cheated" routine - I dont expect any gracious losers on this forum this season (apart from us....)!
Old 15-08-2004, 09:45   #10
Senior Member+

I know we've only played one match and there are three other clubs there with us but I still keep looking at the table just to see Accy at the top!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2004, 09:55   #11
Full Member+

Burtons forum site also says that they were poor up front .......and at the back and that they would like to have players like Mullin, James and McEvilly who get stuck in. Still the`ve got Leigh next match so that should be an easy three points for them......unless their No Ten starts shirt-pulling!!
Old 15-08-2004, 19:57   #12

Oh dear, how pathetic: Stanley only won because they cheated. If that's the best you can do son, don't bother. I'm amazed Mullin managed to do anything the way the BA players were grabbing hold of him. I should think the sleeves of his shirt will need sewing on again.

Admittedly we were a bit ropey in the first half, but we hammered you in the second and nothing you can say will take away the sweet taste of a well-deserved victory.

You want to talk about cheating? You'ld be well-advised to watch the antics of your own team.
Chester Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..