Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2008, 17:17   #1
God Member

Matchday Club

See Fishy Site

What a fantastic innovative idea

Hope it reaps it's rewards in terms of the Fans of Tomorrow and bringing more families to the Club

Well Done to Everyone Concerned!
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2008, 17:46   #2

Thumbs up Re: Matchday Club

Suppose it keeps Smiffy out of trouble Good effort - hope it takes off

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 19:14   #3

Thumbs up Re: Matchday Club

Couldn't agree more pendle red,it's a brilliant idea and my grandson will love it. Let's hope it does attract the fans of today as well as tomorrow,plus it will put some cash into the club.i for one hope it's a cracking success for the kids and the club.

ACCY TILL I DIE...
afrikaaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2008, 22:06   #4
God Member

Re: Matchday Club

What a great idea but would've loved to push it even further to include a discounted ticket (£10)for a designated adult to join the child before kick off too

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 10:42   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

great idea, n kinda thing long overdue, hope its a great success n just the start.
Old 31-10-2008, 10:54   #6
Senior Member+

Agree - brilliant idea.

Just one important caveat. It should be widely publicised that those looking after the youngsters will all have been CRB-ckecked. I assume, of course, that they have. Parents and grandparents tend to worry about such things.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 11:04   #7
Resting in Peace

Great Idea, hope it takes off, can only be a plus for the club
Old 31-10-2008, 12:15   #8
Senior Member+

Great idea to foster links with local community and develop support/talent and raise income

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2008, 12:17   #9
God Member

Rather than have this as an added extra would it not have been better to have this as part and parcel of the Junior Eagles scheme and make them feel even more part of the club ? Maybe 2 levels of JE membership that charges a bit extra for the add-ons.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:30   #10
Senior Member+

That's certainly an idea Dave, but at least this is a step in the right direction. It's an area that's been sadly lacking for the last few years.

We're not going to convert people to our fanbase, so we're going to have to build a new one and this is one way of starting it off.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:34   #11
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
We're not going to convert people to our fanbase, so we're going to have to build a new one and this is one way of starting it off.

As discussed and agreed for many years on the stanley forums.

Lets get behind it and support it instead of finding fault
Old 31-10-2008, 12:37   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
That's certainly an idea Dave, but at least this is a step in the right direction. It's an area that's been sadly lacking for the last few years.

Agreed, especially with the last bit. Having a daughter who is a Junior Claret I see the loyalty reinforced when the club send them little treats or incentives so I can see the value. Obviously we have years more pratice at it and more money to throw at it, it's a hell of a more difficult proposition to build up from scratch and get the kids to support their local teams instead of the plastic ones on Sky. Good luck to them.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:40   #13
K-P

My lads went to mary mags in accy and burnley fc would visit the schoool and give away calanders, posters, pens etc... blackburn would turn up with free tickets... accy....nothing.

For the last 5+ years we have been saying kids kids kids and finally the club are doing something cant believe the poeple finding fault already.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:43   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
My lads went to mary mags in accy and burnley fc would visit the schoool and give away calanders, posters, pens etc... blackburn would turn up with free tickets... accy....nothing.

For the last 5+ years we have been saying kids kids kids and finally the club are doing something cant believe the poeple finding fault already.

Can't see anybody finding fault. I was suggesing promoting the junior eagles thing a bit more.
Old 31-10-2008, 12:47   #15
K-P

saying more should be done is finding fault in my book... but its the same ones every time so should be expected I guess. not bothered.. my kids have passed the age for junior clubs now... I just like to see people being 100% positive when soemhting good is done instead of little nit picks... just get behind it I say

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..