Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49   #1

Matchday Programme - Feedback

Hi,
Just a quick introduction. Since the Salisbury game, me and two other students from the University of Central Lancashire have taken over the writing of the programme.
I was just leaving this post to ask what people thought of the style and quality of the programme at the moment and if you have any suggestions for what could be done to improve it further?
Thanks
Martyn
MartynBiddulph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2009, 15:02   #2

Re: Matchday Programme - Feedback

r you going to leeds
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:54   #3
Resting In Peace

I think it is probably the worst programme in the league and at £3 the dearest. Most programmes are £2.50 and have a lot more content in them and the print is bigger. On some of the pages I have to get a magnifying glass out to read them.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:34   #4
Senior Member+

Port Vales programme is by far the best IMO
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:35   #5
God Member

Regrettably I don't get much use out of my season ticket so am not a regular buyer of the programmes but those I've seen this season are not the worst, but could be improved. The overall graphics, use of colour, etc are fine by my reckoning. The feel is also good, might even say the paper is too heavy (I'm surprised the elf'n'safety squad don't confiscate them as, rolled up, they could be an offensive weapon).
I think the other comment about the smallness of the text, especially in some of the tables, is spot on; there's no point having something that's illegible to those without the eyesight of a hawk.
Being an old fart (blame Accie Grammar, if you must), I do regret the poor punctuation, incorrect use of capitals, and spelling mistakes. But then I understand that English grammar hasn't been taught in schools for several decades and that txtspk is now almost obligatory in the media, so I guess it's inevitable.
You lads are learning your trade and, as appears to be the case, you are always willing to try and improve then I'm sure the programmes will get better.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45   #6
AP6
Junior Member+

Hi,

The programme on the whole is fine. I can't comment on the contents too much as I would be out of place as my english is awful, however, recently Andy Procter was in there on a double page spread answering a few questions.
Next to his picture his name was spelt wrong. OR instead of ER.
Darran Kempson's first name has also been spelt Darren. Easy mistakes to make but only take a second to chaek on the web site.

But like I said at the start the overall content is fine.

AP
AP6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:03   #7
God Member

Have to say the programme had improved this season in some ways but agree the price is a bit steep, also the ones for the two FA Cup games were only half the thickness of the normal match day ones but still sold at £3.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 20:52   #8
Senior Member+

I'm sorry to have to say this, but the standard of written English has slumped. Those now writing the notes in the programme seem to have no knowledge of basic English grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Please find a literate proof reader who can correct the errors before printing.

The programme is a public document and should present the club in the best possible light to all readers.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:52   #9

Its better than last season
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2009, 00:17   #10

lower it £ 2.00 that would be better ... foods gone up .... beer up lower one out of 3 ....
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..