Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 03:08   #16
Loz

Re: Maybe One Day ?

I think you might be surprised how many people would crawl out of the woodwork if stanley got to wembley.
I know i would go and i'm a blackburn fan but would be proud of stanley as an accringtonian.
I'm sure their would be many more like me.
Old 31-05-2008, 14:06   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
There's a difference between popping down the road to see the game and paying to get to London, plus Wembley prices. Maybe if the coaches were free we'd see a bigger turn out?
dont think that would make much differance, its most fans dream to go to wembly, everyone n his dog would go i reckon. p.s. i ran away to go in 1960, got to london, never saw the match live, couldn't buy a ticket fer 30-bob.
Old 31-05-2008, 14:34   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont think that would make much differance, its most fans dream to go to wembly, everyone n his dog would go i reckon. p.s. i ran away to go in 1960, got to london, never saw the match live, couldn't buy a ticket fer 30-bob.
I was there at the game cashy, only got a ticket on the Thursday before the final, cost me mum 52 and 6 about 10 times the face value, I was only 13 at the time, bu its something you remember all your life, seeing your team play in an FA cup final at Wembley, even if it was a crap result

I actually think that if Stanley did get to the play offs they would take a lot more down there than people would ever dream of, there are a lot of fans who support other clubs Rovers, Burnley, Manky Mancs, who would lend support on the day. I know that most fans of Rovers and Burnley would love Stanley to do well I know I do
Old 31-05-2008, 19:47   #19

You stand as much chance of getting to Wembley in the J Paint Trophy as everybody else.

As for number of fans, we took 13,000 but only get gates of just below 3,000.

Suggest that you'd take at least something like that.....possibly!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 20:04   #20
Senior Member+

BSP teams can't play in the JPT anymore, so if it doesn't happen next season, it isn't ever going to.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:02   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
BSP teams can't play in the JPT anymore, so if it doesn't happen next season, it isn't ever going to.
Beginning to worry for you TM ...... before you finally get Hal to open the pod bay doors, you ought to try the Samaritans, I'm sure they've got a footy helpdesk .

On second thoughts, you'd probably be put on hold while they clear the Chelsea backlog.

Last edited by Chimer; 01-06-2008 at 10:03. Reason: Getting the quote right
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 19:57   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Beginning to worry for you TM ...... before you finally get Hal to open the pod bay doors, you ought to try the Samaritans, I'm sure they've got a footy helpdesk .
Thanks for the concern, but I'm not depressed at all. I'd have to care to be depressed.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..