Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 07:22   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Meeting Mr O'Neill And Rob

Have a look for yourself, if you fancy something to read to go to sleep by:

FAU PAYE and NIC[/quote]

Wow, my head is spinning after just a quick look at all of that. Can see why we have got into such a mess with our scratch admin setup. No excuse, though, as Eric should have had it covered as a successful businessman?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2009, 07:40   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I asked how the debt could be so large for so long and he tried to explain they approximate paye payments each month and its not till the end of year that the taxman says hey hang on we want some more cash.
That sounds like utter bull and maybe even a complete lie.
Most companies use accounts packages that calculate how much is owed to the taxman on a weekly/monthly basis. It sounds to me like they just did not bother to send the cheques.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22   #33
God Member

Sounds to me like it's tried to be explained in simple terms... badly. Don't know what has gone on in the past but I would be 99.99% certain that Granville is not running the accounts that way now.He is more switched on than most up there.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:37   #34
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybabs View Post
So when you support Stanley with your presence Doug maybe then you can have your go at me for no reason as you have now!
It’s a difference of opinion on a discussion board, I have no intentions of apologising for it; it saddens me to think that anyone is considered less a supporter because that don’t attend games or are unable to do so for what ever reason. I envy the fact that you go to every game; I would love to but I work seven days a week and even now I never get the hear the second half of a game because I’m out attending my clients needs. In my world there is no difference between a guy who gives 250k to the club and a guy who throws £2.50 in a bucket, nor between you are me. If the passion and care is there you’re a supporter….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Sounds to me like it's tried to be explained in simple terms... badly. Don't know what has gone on in the past but I would be 99.99% certain that Granville is not running the accounts that way now.He is more switched on than most up there.
Quote from a statement on the fishy site on 6 August 2008 : The club has today appointed David O’Neill as General Manager, working alongside the Chief Executive in the day to day running of the club’s affairs off the pitch. David has been running the Commercial Department at the club in a part time role since Christmas, and brings with him a wealth of experience from his own business operations.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:58   #36
Resting In Peace

Quote:
He explained about a £1m injection to transform the coppice end and control room and changing rooms in the form of a grant but they had to put money in as well to get this.
At the Fans Forum we were told categorically that this project would not cost the club a penny. Was this more lies?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:05   #37
Resting In Peace

Quote:
The tax thing, I think the tax people give you guidelines on how much to pay each month and he basically said they had been been under paying it effectively and it eventualy catches up with you.
What a load of rubbish. When anybody receives their wage slip they will see how much has been deducted from their gross wages for PAYE (Income tax) and National Insurance Contributions. This amount is kept by the company to pay to the Revenue & Customs by the 19th of the following month. If any company has not been keeping proper records or paying people without giving them proper wage slips (cash in hand) then when the Revenue & Customs come for an inspection there will be nothing to inspect. The Revenue will then assess the company and charge them for unpaid tax and national insurance, whilst this assessment is being made they may tell the company to pay a certain amount each month to avoid a large payment when the assessment is made.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:22   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
At the Fans Forum we were told categorically that this project would not cost the club a penny. Was this more lies?
Posted by Macca on 6 September :

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
This development WILL be going ahead (assuming we win the taxman fight) regardless. The money is not being stumped up by the club. 50% of the money is from the Football Foundation and 50% from the Legge (sp?) Project which is some sort of rejuvenation thing.

Plans need to be sent in by the end of this month for ratification. Once that is done the money is sorted and the development will begin after the final game of the season.
And just as an afterthought, I wonder if the plans were submitted by the end of September.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:24   #39
God Member

I'm glad you think you got the answers you wanted Shurm, but afraid it doesn't change my mind about David O'Neil, I think you've said somewhere that he is sticking by comments he made in last weeks programme and for me personally and others in the ASSF who have worked our socks off during the fund raising those words were needlessly insulting.
He may be right in saying that if he speaks to the press he'll make things worse,
because he certainly has a knack of doing that.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:25   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
It’s a difference of opinion on a discussion board, I have no intentions of apologising for it; it saddens me to think that anyone is considered less a supporter because that don’t attend games or are unable to do so for what ever reason. I envy the fact that you go to every game; I would love to but I work seven days a week and even now I never get the hear the second half of a game because I’m out attending my clients needs. In my world there is no difference between a guy who gives 250k to the club and a guy who throws £2.50 in a bucket, nor between you are me. If the passion and care is there you’re a supporter….
No difference at all, if the 250k hits the bottom of the bucket!! were as a lot of donations have,from people who possibly can't afford and haven't made a big song and dance about it.Just looked through the list of those who have donated on the SOS website quickly,couldn't see a certain name making a donation? There might be a bigger picture,but at the moment every £ matters for those who love the club.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26   #41
Senior Member+

Apologies - I've just realised that ground development topic is being discussed in another thread; and that my comment above duplicates something already written. Sorry!
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
No difference at all, if the 250k hits the bottom of the bucket!! were as a lot of donations have,from people who possibly can't afford and haven't made a big song and dance about it.Just looked through the list of those who have donated on the SOS website quickly,couldn't see a certain name making a donation? There might be a bigger picture,but at the moment every £ matters for those who love the club.
If you're talking about Ilyas, he has already pledged to match any money given to the fund by the Stanley directors - indeed he then upped his offer and said he would double anything they put in - as yet they haven't come forward so neither has he although I know he is a man of his word and will keep to his offer.
This would be on top of the 250,000 he has offered in exchange for a share issue.

Last edited by AccyMad; 01-10-2009 at 09:49.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:11   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
First of all, Shurm, thanks for going to the meeting today and for describing the situation as you see it as a result of that meeting.

..... but the club CAN'T stand on its own!
  • the attendances are not good enough;
  • no meaningful alternative revenue streams have been developed;
  • there is no current major sponsorship, and seemingly none on the horizon;
  • the weaknesses in managing the SOS Appeal are indicative of lack of leadership skills at senior levels.
If the club is to stand on its own, where does he imagine that the money will come from?
Spot on RR. They should be snatching off Ilyas's hand and, far from keeping him at arms length, should be working out with him a programme for ongoing investment which is desperately needed. All this "wanting to work things out for themselves" is clearly pie in the sky. I hope I am wrong, but they are almost certainly going to fall short of the required funds for the taxman by their own efforts. They are going to have to come to an accommodation with Ilyas at some stage. Why are they slating him off to the extent where someone else in his position, of a less forgiving disposition, would justfiably walk away?
The way forward is so painfully obvious it hurts.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 01-10-2009 at 11:06.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:15   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
If you're talking about Ilyas, he has already pledged to match any money given to the fund by the Stanley directors - indeed he then upped his offer and said he would double anything they put in - as yet they haven't come forward so neither has he although I know he is a man of his word and will keep to his offer.
This would be on top of the 250,000 he has offered in exchange for a share issue.
Just thought he would have made a donation to the SOS fund as a supporter,as others have.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:23   #45
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I cannot see the names of any of the current Directors of Stanley on the roll of honour.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..