Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2009, 10:41   #46

Re: Meeting Mr O'Neill And Rob

From the Accrington Observer 18th Sept 2009

The Stanley Supporters Trust,funded by millionaire shareholders Ilyas Khan,has offered to mactch any amount paid by the rest of the board-that could wipe clear the clubs debt at the stroke of a pen.
Mr Heys said"certainly very shorly the directors will sit down.I think thats only fair.
When you have got a little girl emptying her piggy bank the question has to be answered-what are you doing"
"There is a contribution to be made from the management and directors of the club"
But talks have not moved forward since last week and Mr Oneill appears to remain committed to raesing money through outside donations.

This went to print 13days ago!

Mr Heys said"certainly very shorly the directors will sit down.I think thats only fair.
When you have got a little girl emptying her piggy bank the question has to be answered-what are you doing"

How soon is shortly?are they aware there is a deadline?

So what is it ASFC board are doing?

"There is a contribution to be made from the management and directors of the club"

By contribution does he mean the board will put in money to the SOS fund out of their own pockets?but only once they have got as much as possible out of fans and others pockets?

But talks have not moved forward since last week and Mr Oneill appears to remain committed to raesing money through outside donations.

So if i have done my maths right talks opened on the 11th Sept 2009 but still on the 1st Oct 2009 with 23days to the deadline they have not reopened talks?

Im in way having at a pop at anyone just trying to work out how many times i can use the line "fingers crossed "to my daughter when she asks are stanley saved yet mum?

May be i should send hannah along with a list of questions,if Mr Oneill can make a 9 yr old understand whats happening may be we fans stand a chance!

Last edited by katei77; 01-10-2009 at 10:44.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2009, 13:19   #47

Thanks for that Shurm, you like many others on this board opened up and expressed your feelings on here the other night and more power to your elbow mate.at the end of the day you are concerned about something we all care about and sometimes it,s (as they say) good to talk
Yesterday you feel you got your answers in a general chit chat with the man in charge and that appears to have at least for the time being put aside some of your fears for the club,whether Mr O,Neill told you things in confidence or not is not for us to question and as frustrating as it is for the rest of us I do not feel it is YOUR place to come on here and divulge any privaliged information you have (if any at all).
Obviously from the underlying tone of your posts the other night you have a great concern for the club and you got of your backside and did something about it good on ya.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 13:24   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
From the Accrington Observer 18th Sept 2009

The Stanley Supporters Trust,funded by millionaire shareholders Ilyas Khan,has offered to mactch any amount paid by the rest of the board-that could wipe clear the clubs debt at the stroke of a pen.

This went to print 13days ago!

How soon is shortly?are they aware there is a deadline?

So what is it ASFC board are doing?

By contribution does he mean the board will put in money to the SOS fund out of their own pockets?but only once they have got as much as possible out of fans and others pockets?

So if i have done my maths right talks opened on the 11th Sept 2009 but still on the 1st Oct 2009 with 23days to the deadline they have not reopened talks?

Im in way having at a pop at anyone just trying to work out how many times i can use the line "fingers crossed "to my daughter when she asks are stanley saved yet mum?

May be i should send hannah along with a list of questions,if Mr Oneill can make a 9 yr old understand whats happening may be we fans stand a chance!

Of course you're right Katei....and you are only the echoing the thoughts of so many Fans who like you are stunned, confused, and disappointed by the almost total lack of activity aimed at finding a lasting solution to what is now an Emergency situation !!..On the other hand, there just might be something happening...BUT for one reason or another no-one wants to tell those that do matter.... some reports do inform me that the Board of Directors see WE the Hoi-Polloi as being unimportant, and a nuisance for having the temerity to question their behaviour!....perhaps this motivates their desire to demonstrate an almost total silence on the matter??..

SO....No one is saying anything of substance...The Fund-ometer is stuck at £81,000+..... another day has slipped by!!... and a predicament ,which on the surface of it, looks as if it could be answered by total cooperation from all those who say that they Love the Club !...that want to see it survive!..
that they are skilled, committed and sincere individuals....Is, instead the victim of galloping intransigence !!.

I'm glad that your generous-hearted and bright little-one is still showing her commitment to the cause !....but don't take her to see Mr O'Neil please !...
She, just might, like another recent visitor to 'the Crown', be seduced (if that's the right expression!)..by a generalised statement of loyalty and well-meaning !...but I doubt if she would come away any the wiser in relation to the True Picture of the Status Quo therein!!....If t DON knows what that is...he certainly does not want to share it with anyone !....Not even the one person who could Save our Stanley tomorrow!!.

I'm going on again!........'QUO VADIS STANLEY ????'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 15:01   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Thanks for that Shurm, you like many others on this board opened up and expressed your feelings on here the other night and more power to your elbow mate.at the end of the day you are concerned about something we all care about and sometimes it,s (as they say) good to talk
Yesterday you feel you got your answers in a general chit chat with the man in charge and that appears to have at least for the time being put aside some of your fears for the club,whether Mr O,Neill told you things in confidence or not is not for us to question and as frustrating as it is for the rest of us I do not feel it is YOUR place to come on here and divulge any privaliged information you have (if any at all).
Obviously from the underlying tone of your posts the other night you have a great concern for the club and you got of your backside and did something about it good on ya.
thanks for that, I wish I could give eveyone the answers they need, teach me to mouth off and get invited down. They said so much but I didn't take a pen and paper with me I suppose I'll never make an investigative journalist and with my bad memory by the time I'd got home I'd forgotten half of it

It's down to the club to tell everyone what's going on I still dont understand why they dont communicate better.

Cheers again for the post sorry if I've let people down.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 15:56   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
thanks for that, I wish I could give eveyone the answers they need, teach me to mouth off and get invited down. They said so much but I didn't take a pen and paper with me I suppose I'll never make an investigative journalist and with my bad memory by the time I'd got home I'd forgotten half of it

It's down to the club to tell everyone what's going on I still dont understand why they dont communicate better.

Cheers again for the post sorry if I've let people down.
Shurm !... You've more than fulfilled what you set out to do!!.....entered the Holy of Holies !....met the Gurus !....reported faithfully on what they had to say in relation to 'the Emergency'!....If this wasn't accurate, or comprehensive, then this was no fault of yours!!.....and I'm afraid we will all share in the fate of hearing these platitudes and vague utterances which at times just don't add-up, or worse still don't quite make sense

Still you got the Tea and Biscuits...Earl Grey and Bourbon I hope!!!.

Karma on the way!!....'QUO VADIS STANLEY???'....do tell us!!
Old 01-10-2009, 16:35   #51

Thanks.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 16:43   #52
God Member

Smile Re: Meeting Mr O'Neill And Rob

On the S.O.S. Website, there is a seperate column - private donations, that is any donation by anybody! Not saying that any director has, but we cannot say that they have not!!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 16:46   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
teach me to mouth off

If you had no emotions you would have to support Chelsea
Old 01-10-2009, 18:04   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
it saddens me to think that anyone is considered less a supporter
I don't agree, everyone who does anything for ASFC is a supporter, but the lads & lassies who go home & away are obviously giving away more time to the club.

"Bubs" has been going home & away since the early '90's;he's certainly a better supporter than me!

Some fans have been going since Peel Park.... again far better suporters than me.

Yes, obviously, sometimes things get in the way. But the fans who can prioritise & commit to home & away should be applauded......

Just my opinion

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 18:45   #55
Senior Member+

Well done Shurm ...

I thought you were being a bit too unthinkingly critical before yesterday, but now you've managed something nobody else seems to have been able to do, and I can't believe people are whinging because you didn't come back with the answers to their own favourite questions - actually that's not true, I can believe it given the way this messageboard goes, but think it's ridiculously unfair.

As (squared) is the suggestion that you were "seduced".

More power to your elbow, mate.

Last edited by Chimer; 01-10-2009 at 18:46. Reason: Spelling!
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 01:31   #56
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post

These two paragraphs epitomise the predicament we face.

A young girl empties her piggy bank in the hope that the contents will go some way to help.

The second paragraph sums it all up... MY OWN OPINION, but I feel the fans are being kept in the dark. Just as any parent would protect a child from the awful truths about the many awful things that happen in life.

Supposedly pointed statements from the club stating directors are going to put money in the pot.....More fundraising ideas in the pipeline.....

Over half way towards the deadline and not even 1/3rd of the money raised....

Nothing on the official website to alleviate the many concerned and worried fans...

If the present regime are SERIOUS, HONEST and COMITTED, ...In MY OPINION and moreover echoed by the sentiments of many...it's time they showed their hand, so to speak. Put the cards on the table and let's all see....

What sort of contributions are O'Neill and the directors going to make and when???? What is the true extent of the financial problems we as a club face??? What is the present regime's strategy to clear such debts ?? (Other than the tax bill,some of which we may not even know about), What IS the long term strategy???

All I seem to see in the media, seems to be point scoring between the club and ASSF. Each think they possess the best strategy to take our beloved club away from this extinction threatening predicament and on towards hopefully better things.....and still the clock ticks relentlessly towards the deadline

I wasn't around in '62, but have read (and this may be right or wrong ) that the day after the resignation was tended and accepted , somebody turned up with the money to try and clear THAT debt, in order to try and save that side, but it was too late??? ...Please correct me if i'm wrong.

There's just over three weeks to go before the deadline that threatens to let lightening strike twice...

Hyde and their fans are looking forward to making plans to play in the F.A. Cup this season and continuing in the league, after they managed to sort THEIR situation out.

Can we look forward to Grimsby away the following Friday night after the tax deadline?? Can we keep our fingers crossed for a good draw in the first round proper of the F.A. Cup and hope to see our beloved club progress, hopefully on towards a money spinning draw in the next round or beyond???

It was mentioned in a statement I ( and many others have probably)read recently, that it was felt by some that " the board was playing poker with the clubs future" and that the present board are .... "fighting a forrest fire with a water pistol"...

Well, MY OWN OPINION, I'd like the present regime to show what sort of hand they're playing this situation with ....and what "firefighting measures" they plan to use....

Preferably sooner rather than later. And hopefully not too late.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 02-10-2009 at 01:38. Reason: typo
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Well done Shurm ...

I thought you were being a bit too unthinkingly critical before yesterday, but now you've managed something nobody else seems to have been able to do, and I can't believe people are whinging because you didn't come back with the answers to their own favourite questions - actually that's not true, I can believe it given the way this messageboard goes, but think it's ridiculously unfair.

I agree. Well done, Shurm, and thanks for reporting back to us.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Well done Shurm ...

If you make reference to my mention of one being seducedby the joint Charms of The Chairman and The CEO... this actually referred to another of my confidantes and not to Shurm Chimer!...who I am sure would have the mettle to ignore such moves made in his direction !!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:07   #59
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
this actually referred to another of my confidantes and not to Shurm Chimer!...who I am sure would have the mettle to ignore such moves made in his direction !!
I should be so lucky, Mr Y!
Old 02-10-2009, 14:32   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
If you make reference to my mention of one being seducedby the joint Charms of The Chairman and The CEO... this actually referred to another of my confidantes and not to Shurm Chimer!...who I am sure would have the mettle to ignore such moves made in his direction !!
Apologies yonmon, I must have hit a rock lurking below the surface of your stream of consciousness ...... I've got the babel fish properly connected again now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..