Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 13:35   #31
God Member

Smile Re: Members ASSF Ltd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Some of us haven't forgot

Wouldn't this info about members of ASSF be better on a website so we can all read without trolls?
There is one on the way Baggy, but as with most things priorities have changed

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-10-2009, 16:24   #32

Re: Members ASSF Ltd

Just to introduce myself

My name is Shabir Siddiq,

I am married with 3 children

I'm 50 years old and have lived in Accrington since 1970 having moved up here with my parents from Birmingham

I attended Hollins school for my secondary education.

After leaving school I worked in various roles and positions within the East lancashire area, I worked for over 5 years at Hyndburn Sports centre after which I did 9 years in British Army as a Military Policemen (SIB) having left the Army in 94, I set up my own business after about a year the work dried up and I moved into training and development. I worked my way up to Business Development Manager and I am currently employed as a Regional Performance Manager for a National Company and manage contracts up to the value of £2m.

My qualifications - I have an MBA in Business Administration, NVQ 5 in Operational Management, I have Diploma in Management Studies. I provide training in Management skills and business improvement as well as other skill sets.

I am also a trustee and chair of Leisure in Hyndurn

I am a school governor at a local school

I am an arm chair football supporter, I joined the committee because, I have a passion for saving Accrington Stanley as I believe history will judge Accrington and its people as incompetent and un-concerned if we let it happen twice.

I have provided some guidance for the ASFC marketing team (DAN) but it appears not to have been headed.

I hope my life skills, experience and credentials are worthy of being able to support ASFC through the ASSF to which I am 100% committed. However If you the wider public feel they are not then I am willing to stand aside and let someone else better qualified than me take my place.

I hope this goes part way to answering some of the concerns and issues raised by other concerned individuals.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 16:55   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Willie Miller,

I may have taken your post the wrong way ............I thought that you were having a pop at the ASSF, hence the red face. If I was mistaken,which by yur reply I was, then I apologise..........btw I do have a driving licence, cant/wont swim, do have a season ticket
Don't worry , everyone seems too these days

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 18:07   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Just to introduce myself

My name is Shabir Siddiq,

I am married with 3 children

I'm 50 years old and have lived in Accrington since 1970 having moved up here with my parents from Birmingham

I attended Hollins school for my secondary education.

After leaving school I worked in various roles and positions within the East lancashire area, I worked for over 5 years at Hyndburn Sports centre after which I did 9 years in British Army as a Military Policemen (SIB) having left the Army in 94, I set up my own business after about a year the work dried up and I moved into training and development. I worked my way up to Business Development Manager and I am currently employed as a Regional Performance Manager for a National Company and manage contracts up to the value of £2m.

My qualifications - I have an MBA in Business Administration, NVQ 5 in Operational Management, I have Diploma in Management Studies. I provide training in Management skills and business improvement as well as other skill sets.

I am also a trustee and chair of Leisure in Hyndurn

I am a school governor at a local school

I am an arm chair football supporter, I joined the committee because, I have a passion for saving Accrington Stanley as I believe history will judge Accrington and its people as incompetent and un-concerned if we let it happen twice.

I have provided some guidance for the ASFC marketing team (DAN) but it appears not to have been headed.

I hope my life skills, experience and credentials are worthy of being able to support ASFC through the ASSF to which I am 100% committed. However If you the wider public feel they are not then I am willing to stand aside and let someone else better qualified than me take my place.

I hope this goes part way to answering some of the concerns and issues raised by other concerned individuals.
Top man, great skills and hopefully part way to answering Redskin

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 19:47   #35
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
You are demanding Transparency yet when the shoes on the other foot you fail to offer anything different!!!!! Drop the pretence that you lot suggest you known what you are doing!.The ASSF are doing a greatr job in destroying the Stanley, which let's face it, is the ultimate plan, then you can all become the Accrington Saviours!
What a load of CRAP
Old 02-10-2009, 20:54   #36

My name is Robert Houseman. I am 38 years old and a director of the ASSF.

I have been married to Kerry for 7 years and have lived in Accrington all my life.
I gained my BEd Honours degree in Primary Education from the University of Wales in 1994 before starting work in Primary Schools in Blackburn.
At the moment I am employed by Blackburn With Darwen Borough Council as a Primary Strategy Consultant. My role involves supporting and challenging schools in the Local Authority, developing them as Learning communities. I have been an Improving Schools hub leader for North West Local Authorities and represented the Region in National events. I have also worked as an advisory teacher and Mathematics Consultant.
I am also a local School Governor and Secretary of Whalley Tennis Club.

I was taken to my first Stanley match in the Cheshire League as a small boy. I have stood and now sit in the same place directly behind the goals for all those years. My claim to fame is introducing Loweiy to Stanley in the North West Counties days.
My father and his father before him were avid fans and shareholders of Stanley pre 1962.
I have managed to attend all Stanley matches home and away since our return to the football league and was a consistent supporter home and away throughout our Non league days.
In the past I have been Supporters club secretary and been involved in several Sponsored Walks for the club.

Biggest regret: Do you remember the UPVC dugouts we had previously?. My idea. I convinced my father in law to donate them at a cost of £3000 to the personal specification of Mr Whalley. Eric ignored our advice that they were a little too big and after only a month he arranged to tear them down with no thanks or any return of materials. Another business man unwilling to do business with Stanley again!

I hope that my 30 years of supporting Stanley through the good and not so good times, my experience of working with schools, developing community links and level headedness are important attributes for being an active member of the ASSF.

I want the local community to take Stanley to their hearts, and have a club they can be proud of. I believe through transparency and the rebuilding of business and community partnerships we can achieve a club that is attractive to all.

Thanks
Robert
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:36   #37
Senior Member+

Posted via Mobile Device Can all the PROPER proper replies be put on another thread or the others moved ? Some excellent info has been added but you need to read some rubbish to get to it.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 13:42   #38
Senior Member+

I honestly don't see anything wrong with Redskin's questions, but it does seem as if the ranks have closed around him.

He (I assume it's a he) actually asked how much the commitee had contributed and the reply was the customary "£25,000 loan", which we all know came from Ilyas Khan and not the commitee. He also asked what skills/experience/qualities the members were bringing to the table with the view of one day running the club, and with the exception of the last 2 ASSF contributers, the main quality appears to be the love of the club. I don't doubt the passion of the 'board members', but I'm equally sure that everyone who's been involved in running the club over the last decades has had similar levels of passion and love of Accrington Stanley, but it hasn't really been enough, has it?

The problem for me is that there are multiple sides to this whole affair and it seems obvious to me that there's a lot of information being withheld and personal agendas being followed. By now the situation should be clarified, but instead it appears more clouded than ever, especially with all the back-biting and in-fighting.

I don't for a second think that anyone is really interested in what I think, but I thought I'd have a say anyway. Personally my interest is almost at the point of extinction.
Old 03-10-2009, 14:18   #39
Member.

If Redskin had stuck to the point like you people might have taken more notice. And yes, your correct......

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 21:27   #40
God Member

Had a request to close down thread only to assf to intro themselves, but on looking at the thread & no reports have thought that as a discussion board as Accyweb is ....discussion being the apt word & in best interest to the forum, also closely aware of club & assf issues - think that in the interest of transparency as the word bounders about here often that it should remain simply as that ...sensible discussion with respect. It would be unfair to close down posts to only those associated with the assf board & would be careful about disclosure of personal details on a public forum also, but then would create a problem of balanced discussion & queries relating to the thread topic, causing possible reprecussions for moderators of the board - whom have to keep the balance, plus could worsen the divides of opinion - again my thoughts & concerns. Think this intro of directors/board members would be more appropiate on the assf webpage or site of the supporters fund, that way can be referred to.

Anyone has any issues can pm me or any posts that cause issues please report them.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 03-10-2009 at 21:30.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 23:37   #41
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Think this intro of directors/board members would be more appropiate on the assf webpage or site of the supporters fund, that way can be referred to.
I totally agree so get your finger out and finish the website.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..