Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2009, 18:58   #1

Members ASSF Ltd

As requested.
Below are the names of the ASSF Ltd Committee.

Jeff Bannister, Accrington
Joe Cirino, Crewe
David Cook, Accrington
Robert Houseman, Accrington
Idris Khan, Oswaldtwistle
Stephen Lowe, Blackburn
Neil McGuinness, Barrowford
Peter McNaught, Accrington
Rob Russell, Church
Peter Shaw, Accrington
Shabir Siddiq, Accrington
Diane Woodworth, Accrington
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2009, 19:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Members ASSF Ltd

Posted via Mobile DeviceThanks for that.

Last edited by simon; 30-09-2009 at 19:13.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:02   #3
Member.

At this late stage and with the content (not much of it new) of Mr. Shaw’s statement in the Telegraph today. I would again implore the board of the ASSF to make themselves know the to wider fan base as soon as possible, I would suggest if there’s time to write/speak with the media there’s time to produce a short CV.

I know I have asked this recently and a response was given by Stanleyhouse who kindly provided a list of names and home Town locations above.

However, if we are to put our weight behind the ASSF and the committee (are you reading this Mr. O’Neil) that will work with the club on our behalf I would again ask that Transparency begins in our own court. I believe that a profile of the Director/committee should be formally posted as soon as possible so that we can make informed decisions in our own right.

That profile should contain a minimum of information i.e.

Name
Current Employment
Background Experience
Availability to the cause
Register of Interests

Photo (not compulsory)

Mr. O’Neil, it wouldn’t be a bad thing to do the same………….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:23   #4
God Member

i recommended this as to be a good idea Doug but haven't heard anything back.

Anyway I am certainly willing to start it off - perhaps we could keep this thread clear of posts other than any committee members who wish to make themselves known? If any committee members are no registered on here but wish to make themselves known then they can email me their details and I will post them for you.

Rob Russell aka Maccawozzagod
32 years old , Accrington born bred and probably dead. Married to Sarah with three children. Supporters club Chairman and three times former Supporter of the Year. Currently running a hardware shop in the town centre and with reasonably extensive knowledge of customer service and marketing - particularly within the construction industry. Biggest ambition in life with regards to Stanley is to see my club have parity of respect qnd status with Blackburn and Burnley in its own town.
Old 01-10-2009, 17:41   #5
God Member

Ok Doug.I'll try & answer your queries as best I can.
My name is Diane Woodworth (although that could soon be changing - watch this space), if you'll excuse me I'd prefer not to give my exact age but will say I'm over 40 .
I live in Accrington and have been a Stanley supporter since the age of 14, and have brought both my sons up with the same faith. I have been actively involved with the OSC for a number of years & have recently helped to man the SOS stall in the Arndale centre although unfortunately I have had to stop this due to work commitments.
I currently work part-time as an administration officer for Sense which is a charity who works with deafblind children & adults and have a fairly flexible working week.
I joined the committee because I couldn't bear to see Stanley in trouble and wanted to help in any way I can and thought maybe they could use a woman's perspective on things sometimes.
My main interest is of course Accrington Stanley.
Hope this helps.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 18:07   #6
Senior Member+

Ha ha bonkers!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 22:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Ha ha bonkers!
Well done Willie Miller, yet another shining example of a well thought out and informative posting by yourself.

Oh how I wish I had your outlook on life here at Stanley, but untill that happens,I shall happily live in the real world.

Ok as a member of the ASSF Committee here is a little more about Me:-

Peter McNaught, aged 47, living in Accrington, married to Sarah with a 2 year old daughter Emily. I have been a Stanley fan for just under 10yrs and love the club with a passion. Unfortunatley, due to an accident at work I am not working at present, but rather than sit on my arse I am now doing a degree in Sound Engineering at SSR Manchester.

I am an avid supporter of the ideals of the ASSF, as I believe that the club desperatley needs an injection of cash to survive, not just now but long term, and a share issue is the easiest way to do that.

If you want to know more then all you have to do is ask me to my face and I will be happy to chat!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 22:26   #8

I've obviously missed something here!...could someone please explain what this is all about?...........
Old 01-10-2009, 23:00   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
I've obviously missed something here!...could someone please explain what this is all about?...........
Being a way from the club and living in Bispham I only know a few of the Committee members/Directors of the ASSF who I believe represent all of the supporters wherever they are in the world, that been the case and the fact that there is a chance that the ASSF may well be involved with the running of the club I think its appropriate that the Committee members/Directors are known to the people they are representing and what role they will play individually, their experience and availability to the cause and any register of interests. In a lot of ways they are accepting the role of public servants in respect of their service to us the Supporters and the Club therefore are accountable.

What I’d like to see roll out over the next few weeks is a Statement of Purpose, Constitution, and Specific Individual Profiles, all available on either a dedicated website or at least an ASSF section on either Accyweb or the fishy site…..followed by some form of formal Membership Registration so we can all carry the card.

Why? Because we have pledged previously to assist the ASSF financially (I pledged a £100.00 plus membership and so did many others) if we are going to do this and do it transparently then we better get it right now that the ASSF is in the public spotlight.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-10-2009, 23:06   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Being a way from the club and living in Bispham I only know a few of the Committee members/Directors of the ASSF who I believe represent all of the supporters wherever they are in the world, that been the case and the fact that there is a chance that the ASSF may well be involved with the running of the club I think its appropriate that the Committee members/Directors are known to the people they are representing and what role they will play individually, their experience and availability to the cause and any register of interests. In a lot of ways they are accepting the role of public servants in respect of their service to us the Supporters and the Club therefore are accountable.

What I’d like to see roll out over the next few weeks is a Statement of Purpose, Constitution, and Specific Individual Profiles, all available on either a dedicated website or at least an ASSF section on either Accyweb or the fishy site…..followed by some form of formal Membership Registration so we can all carry the card.

Why? Because we have pledged previously to assist the ASSF financially (I pledged a £100.00 plus membership and so did many others) if we are going to do this and do it transparently then we better get it right now that the ASSF is in the public spotlight.

I appauld your focus, commitment and efforts!.........however this reads like a church committee!........Never mind Transparency.......Try UNCONDITIONAL, like the silent Majority!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 23:18   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Well done Willie Miller, yet another shining example of a well thought out and informative posting by yourself.

Oh how I wish I had your outlook on life here at Stanley, but untill that happens,I shall happily live in the real world.
Why the little red face Pete?

If I find it bonkers that fans who have joined a committee have to write thier life story on here to justify joining the said committee....

Then I will say it "Bonkers, bonkers, bonkers!"

However, I will join in, do the committee have clean driving licences? 25m swimming certificates? A season ticket?

Thanks in advance for answering

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 23:24   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post

Ok as a member of the ASSF Committee here is a little more about Me:-

Peter McNaught, aged 47, living in Accrington, married to Sarah with a 2 year old daughter Emily. I have been a Stanley fan for just under 10yrs and love the club with a passion. Unfortunatley, due to an accident at work I am not working at present, but rather than sit on my arse I am now doing a degree in Sound Engineering at SSR Manchester.

I am an avid supporter of the ideals of the ASSF, as I believe that the club desperatley needs an injection of cash to survive, not just now but long term, and a share issue is the easiest way to do that.

If you want to know more then all you have to do is ask me to my face and I will be happy to chat!

Question?...What competence would you bring to the running of ASFC?..individually or as a collective?

What "Unconditional" donation/s has the committee, or individuals given to the SOS fund?

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2009, 23:31   #13
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Why the little red face Pete?

If I find it bonkers that fans who have joined a committee have to write thier life story on here to justify joining the said committee....

Then I will say it "Bonkers, bonkers, bonkers!"

However, I will join in, do the committee have clean driving licences? 25m swimming certificates? A season ticket?

Thanks in advance for answering
Willie, there’s a strong possibility that this committee may end up running Accrington Stanley in your Name, Surely you would want to know who they are? If there capable of doing the Job better than David’s team and if they can keep the club alive….Having Mr. Khan’s financial backing is one thing; knowing what your doing is quite another…there’s some very serious **** going on here;

I think there are few people who really believe that David O’Neil and the club will won’t succeed in paying off the debt and surviving; if they do fail and the ASSF take over then the survival is in the hands of people currently totally unknown to the majority of supporters and up to now none of them have any experience in running a football club based on the current level of information. Now that would be bonkers.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 01-10-2009, 23:35   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Willie, there’s a strong possibility that this committee may end up running Accrington Stanley in your Name, Surely you would want to know who they are? If there capable of doing the Job better than David’s team and if they can keep the club alive….Having Mr. Khan’s financial backing is one thing; knowing what your doing is quite another…there’s some very serious **** going on here;

I think there are few people who really believe that David O’Neil and the club will won’t succeed in paying off the debt and surviving; if they do fail and the ASSF take over then the survival is in the hands of currently totally unknown to the majority of supporters and up to now none of them have any experience in running a football club based on the current level of information. Now that would be bonkers.
Just my opinion!........I seriously fear for the club if any committee takes the reigns!.......and here lies the problem!...Little people stood behind one man with what appears to be a personal agenda against the directors and chairman of ASFC!....UNCONDITIONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 23:36   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post
Question?...What competence would you bring to the running of ASFC?..individually or as a collective?

A:- I would not be directly involved with the 'Running of ASFC', that would fall to the Directors, so you would need to ask the same question of them.

What "Unconditional" donation/s has the committee, or individuals given to the SOS fund?

A:- I personaly have made 'unconditional' contributions to the SOS fund in much the same way as most of the posters on here have....as for the amount Im afraid that is a personal matter and I dnt feel the need to divulge that information

Willie Miller,

I may have taken your post the wrong way ............I thought that you were having a pop at the ASSF, hence the red face. If I was mistaken,which by yur reply I was, then I apologise..........btw I do have a driving licence, cant/wont swim, do have a season ticket

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..