Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-01-2010, 17:02   #1
Senior Member+

Never a Quiet Week

Do we ever have a week where the council or someone aint after something from us

Accrington Stanley avoid threat of control room court action (From Lancashire Telegraph)

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-01-2010, 17:19   #2
God Member

Re: Never a Quiet Week

Let's just hope that we get this grant from L.E.G.I. And this whole thing is sorted out!

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:24   #3
God Member

That bloody R word again...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:48   #4
Senior Member+

The council are really starting to get on my nerves!! What annoys me more is that we have just brought F.A Cup fever to the whole town with the Fulham game and also putting Accrington on the map that week!! with numerous radio, tv and paper announcements and discussions and also the fact the team are doing so well in the football league! Cant they just be happy for a change! For some reason the council will never be happy!! There always trying to bring us down one way or another!!!!

I hope this is bloody sorted out so they can bog off!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:48   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That bloody R word again...
Whats that Shaker?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:55   #6
God Member

There are no more excuses for the Club!

The days of fire fighting should be now over there are enough staff in place to avoid oversights.

Planning and Contingencies should be key no more taking it to the wire.

We are a Professional Football Club

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 27-01-2010 at 18:00.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 17:56   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reading that link one of accyweb members seemingly said- "i think we have heard all this before and it is time to take the swiftest action possible" now i myself had little time fer the owd regime, but have always thought a new broom should be given a chance, so am happy to do so. This Lady obviously does not think so. if i was in her district i would REMEMBER this report come local elections.
Old 27-01-2010, 18:30   #8

this has ****ed me right off ... if we had gone under the groung would be an anti social behaviour hot zone, drug dealing drunks under age sex prostitution etc, so just gives us time to move the ground rome wasn't built in a day, oh and yes i did have someone write this for me
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 18:51   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
( if i was in her district i would REMEMBER this report come local elections.
I am, and I will. (she had no chance anyway)
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 19:15   #10
Super Moderator

This borough has something that other towns and even cities across the country would give their eye teeth for...a football league club...a valuable source of publicity...a way of raising the area's profile and putting it firmly in the public eye, as we saw last weekend. And it's not just any old football league club, it's one that is regarded with affection and interest by football fans and the public nationwide.

Yet from reading the councillors' comments you would think they were talking about a bail hostel or a dangerous chemical plant, not one of the borough's leading assets. What is wrong with these people?

As for Councillor Pritchard, perhaps she is so wrapped up in the affairs of her beloved Clarets that she is not aware of the huge upheavals the club has gone through in recent weeks including its near-death experience? I suggest she acquaints herself with the situation before she starts demanding "the swiftest possible action"...or, even better, as she's an Accyweb member, perhaps she would care to explain her comments on here?
Old 27-01-2010, 19:29   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Whats that Shaker?
It ends in ...esidents.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 19:51   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This borough has something that other towns and even cities across the country would give their eye teeth for...a football league club...a valuable source of publicity...a way of raising the area's profile and putting it firmly in the public eye, as we saw last weekend. And it's not just any old football league club, it's one that is regarded with affection and interest by football fans and the public nationwide.

Yet from reading the councillors' comments you would think they were talking about a bail hostel or a dangerous chemical plant, not one of the borough's leading assets. What is wrong with these people?

As for Councillor Pritchard, perhaps she is so wrapped up in the affairs of her beloved Clarets that she is not aware of the huge upheavals the club has gone through in recent weeks including its near-death experience? I suggest she acquaints herself with the situation before she starts demanding "the swiftest possible action"...or, even better, as she's an Accyweb member, perhaps she would care to explain her comments on here?
Move outside turf moor. simple!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 20:40   #13
Resting in Peace

Exactly how many residents does this actually affect for crying out loud?? One, five, 20 at maximum? What about the far more serious ongoing problem with the big stink from the Whinney Hill tip which continues to blight the lives of hundreds, if not thousands around the vicinity?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2010, 20:48   #14
God Member

The tip doesn't count, as the local counsillor cannot do "swiftest possible action".
Old 27-01-2010, 20:51   #15
God Member

Maybe Pritchard has the Bob Lord syndrome, where you destroy a local football club, in the hope you'll pick up a few extra fans.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..