Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2007, 21:27   #31
Super Moderator

Re: New ground pic.. sorta

OK, so do we start the protests, petitions etc now, so that the club drop this stupid idea without further ado?
Old 27-06-2007, 21:47   #32
Junior Member+

Surely the clayton end would fit more than 900 seats on the existing area.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 21:49   #33
God Member

we know they read this forum so the basis of the argument will be known. Lets just see how things progress.

should I start buying some chains?
Old 27-06-2007, 22:00   #34
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We are starting to run out of things to whinge about now
I don't think so because as always just when it looks like we are getting our act together somebody then goes and shoots themselves in the foot.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 22:09   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
somebody then goes and shoots themselves in the foot.
For once, I agree. If this is being mooted by the club, it's one of the worst ideas they have ever come up with. It will cause a huge amount of bad feeling amongst hundreds of the club's most dedicated and vocal supporters. Just as we are on the verge of making "Fortress Stanley" a reality, we may now be confronted with a plan which will reduce the Clayton End to a half-empty, atmosphere-less shell.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 27-06-2007 at 22:14.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 22:15   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
For once, I agree. If this is being mooted by the club, it's one of the worst ideas they have ever come up with. It will cause a huge amount of bad feeling amongst hundreds of the club's most dedicated and vocal supporters. Just as we are on the verge of making "Fortress Stanley" a reality, we are now confronted with a plan which will reduce the Clayton End to a half-empty, atmosphere-less shell.
agree with you hundred percent .lets have a pole i mean poll
Old 27-06-2007, 22:16   #37
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

correct me if im wrong the whinney hill new stand is going to cost over £5ook. the clayton end roof £150k.why not add seats to the back of the clayton end and coppice terrace and roof both ends there fore keeping standing areas and at a later date build a new whinney hill stand
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 22:25   #38
God Member

I think the seats have to be in a continuous block so you can't have some here and some there.

As I stated right at the outset the idea is only an idea and is in no way a guaranteed happening. The purpose of mentioning it is just so that we can all express our feelings that this should not happen. There is no ruining of the positive vibe and nobody has shot themselves in the foot. But, the people who are in charge of deciding these things have to know that the fans wouldn't stand for it (pardon the pun) There is no need at this stage for anybody to start having a go at the club. Leave that for if it is ever decided.
Old 27-06-2007, 22:26   #39
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
For once, I agree. If this is being mooted by the club, it's one of the worst ideas they have ever come up with. It will cause a huge amount of bad feeling amongst hundreds of the club's most dedicated and vocal supporters. Just as we are on the verge of making "Fortress Stanley" a reality, we may now be confronted with a plan which will reduce the Clayton End to a half-empty, atmosphere-less shell.
Oh bollox, just when I was feeling optimistic with the thought of the long time waiting roof I'm now peed off because it's now looks like a front for seating the area, bad form Mr Whalley now we know the truth.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 22:27   #40
God Member

and besides which, by the time they have heard the noise that can come out from under that roof they wouldn't bloody dare!
Old 27-06-2007, 22:27   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
*even louder sigh*

and I'm getting tired of that comment!

its about letting the story flow TM. Let the people speculate, breathe a bit of life into the forum for an hour, give people an excuse to stay on a little bit longer or check back a bit quicker.

But just so as we don't upset you any further I'll spill now what I may or not know (cos its only conjecture, rumour, thought process at the mo) and then you can go back to watching Big Brother or whatever it is you do when you are not being tired of comments like these.

The club are believed to be considering putting the 900 required seats onto the Clayton End because it would only involve pouring new concrete moulds over the existing steps and then putting the seats in. Developing the Whinney Hill would involve demolition and total rebuild.

It is by no means set in stone but I think that by posting it we can have an early chance to vent our thoughts on this.

My thoughts are that unless that mean rehousing the Accy fans on the Coppice (and under a roof) then I'll not be attending home matches. I stated last season that I will be trying very hard not to go to away matches that involve being seated. I'll be buggered if I'm going to have it at home games as well
This has just been leaked, or should I say look at me but I'm not telling you, believe it if you want...

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 22:31   #42
God Member

i like the new luxury flats behind the clayton end

just need to let eric and co its not a popular idea lets enjoy all the good news weve had ..maybe even better news coming next thursday:Banan e08:cart on stanley cart on
Old 27-06-2007, 22:32   #43
God Member

I aint having that ground Bazf - wheres the roof behind th egoals?
Old 27-06-2007, 22:34   #44
Senior Member+

Got to give em something to moan about!!!

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2007, 23:57   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
bad form Mr Whalley now we know the truth.
You think the truth is on a messageboard.......Seriously?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..