Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2008, 09:20   #16
Senior Member+

Re: New Shirt Sponser for next season

There seems to be a lot of speculation on this subject. According to the Observer and I quote Kevin Dean states "we have been the shirt sponsor for the last 2 years and given the club £300,000 for that, we will continue to be the main sponsor for the ground for a further 3 years but we need to look and other projects" and as others have said,the fiasco with the loss of sponsors names on the front of the shirt cannot have helped our cause. I, like Macca would suggest someone at the club has dropped a huge clanger. We really do look like the laughing stock of the football league and it is not good enough. Either we are a professional club with professional players and a professional board and management team or just a bunch of clowns trying to be professional and failing miserably. The buck stops at the very top, heads must roll.

Lets face it, it shows how much of a joke we are when the press can announce new signings before the 'fishy' site. Lets get professionals in at the club who want to promote the club in a more positive light, not the amateurs who are playing at it now.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 30-05-2008 at 09:27.
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2008, 18:09   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Has Fraser Eagle pulled out? Or has the club not understood the contract? The statement on the fishy site says "The club was under the impression that...". How can that be? What is an "impression"? Either we know or we don't.

That's a very worrying statement...............lets just hope it isnt true, otherwise.........................................

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 18:20   #18
God Member

another season just around the corner and the trouble and strife has already started.so much for a quiet summeri know we,ll get totesportthat would be ironic
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 18:28   #19
God Member

I get the impression that the staff at the club have too much of a workload and are busy running round putting out fires. I struggle with the notion that they are inept.Seems more like a case of not enough $$$ to hire more staff to spread the workload. I understand that one of them, ( one at least), is up at 5-6 AM working on club business. Contract are tricky buggers ,thats why lawyers do so well.and civil courts are kept busy.People have different interpetations.The club may well feel that they are in the right with the arrangement with Fraser Eagle, but for the sake of retaining the rest of the deal,they don't want to take the matter any further.
It also seem s to me that Fraser Eagle looks like the bad guys and not the club-I don't think they have done themselves any Google Page Ranking favours.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 19:20   #20
God Member

I do agree with the first part of your comments KJ about the workload and number of staff, my own feeling is sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate and it could be some of the best investments that the Club could make at this juncture

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 30-05-2008 at 19:27.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2008, 20:12   #21
Full Member+

Is Phil Collins still a life president?, we could tap him up for a few hundred thou.
Old 01-06-2008, 17:09   #22

out tinpot now has a tin lid
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:27   #23
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
It also seem s to me that Fraser Eagle looks like the bad guys and not the club-I don't think they have done themselves any Google Page Ranking favours.
Fraser Eagle paid Stanley money to have their name on the players' shirts. The logo was washed off most players' shirts before Christmas and some were not replaced, even in the last game of the season Sean Whalley's shirt still did not have the Fraser Eagle logo on it. If a company pay to sponsor a club they expect to have their logo on the shirts. I don't blame Fraser Eagle in the least for not continuing their sponsorship. Stanley have not fulfilled their end of the deal.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:05   #24
I am Banned

Sir,

Whilst some of your comments are correct, with regards to the logo's coming off; the directors paid for a complete set of new shirts which were used from the end of January until the Bury game.

This was not announced as the club did not wish to draw any attention to what was an embarassing suituation
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34   #25
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Sir,

Whilst some of your comments are correct, with regards to the logo's coming off; the directors paid for a complete set of new shirts which were used from the end of January until the Bury game.

This was not announced as the club did not wish to draw any attention to what was an embarassing suituation
It was announced in the Lancashire Telegraph (even a picture of Mully with a shirt on with no logo), it was announced in the Accrington Observer, it was announced in the Sun. The logo was washed off before Christmas and, according to you, the shirts were replaced at the end of January - one month without logo. The logo must have been washed off again because Whalley and I think Richardson were wearing shirts without logo after January.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:51   #26
Resting In Peace

Check the pictures from the Bury home game and the Barnet home game. Bury home game - Picture LC2L7473 Whalley with no logo, picture LC2L7553 Mully with no logo. Barnet home game - Picture LC1Y8945 Whalley and Mully with no logo, picture LC1Y1631 Harris with no logo, picture LC1Y1691 Procky with no logo. So if the directors paid for new shirts they were either not worn or damaged again.
Old 02-06-2008, 14:15   #27
I am Banned

The new shirts were used, and unfortunately damaged again.

Accy Stanley along with most other prudent clubs only issue their players with 1 home shirt per season. Unlike premiership clubs who allow their players to give their shirts away on a weekly basis!!! I guess the laudry job at these clubs must be easy, they'll have nothing to wash!!

Perhaps a new kit supplier will be able to provide the club and our new sponsor with a robust kit that will last!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 14:22   #28
God Member

Mmm maybe cheapest is not always bestest

Ahhhh lifes so much fun being a stanley fan - the thick skins we have to wear for the butt of the jokes wading in fast

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 15:19   #29

Regarding the shirts and the logo coming off in the wash - I believe that other clubs have new kits on a very regular basis. Ours however have to be used for so many games that they are very difficult to clean. A hotter wash is therefore needed, hence the logo problem.
Old 02-06-2008, 16:21   #30
Resting In Peace

The point is that Fraser Eagle paid Stanley to have their logo on the shirts and it wasn't.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..