Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2009, 13:27   #16
Resting In Peace

Re: New Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
liverpool keeper can play just been on 2 br
Knowing Coley the loan keeper will be on the bench for a month and Bavs will be playing and continuing to make mistakes and making us all nervous.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2009, 13:51   #17

or he will hav a very good game on and get u into round 3 . becouse of new keeper on bench
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 16:06   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
or he will hav a very good game on and get u into round 3 . becouse of new keeper on bench
would hope yer right, aint holding me breath though.
Old 27-11-2009, 17:16   #19
Senior Member+

Superb news all round.

Bouzanis should be straight into the side tomorrow.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 20:38   #20
Senior Member+

Jeff

that is a bit unfair

Dunbavin has been much improved this season and deserves to stay as number 1.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 21:12   #21
Senior Member+

These two sound like good prospects to me. John and Jimmy have done well in the past signing youngsters on loan. We need cover for Bavs and at the back and if/when the youngsters get their chance I am sure they will do well.
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 21:42   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Jeff

that is a bit unfair

I'd agree insofar as to note Dunbavin's improvement, but in my opinion his kicking is very poor and his goalkeeping skills (aside from outstanding agility/shot stopping) are below par for League football. I'd start Bouzanis against Barnet.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 22:25   #23

i would start my grandad if i could dig him up
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 22:35   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Jeff

that is a bit unfair

he has improved a bit, but IS NOT league standard n never will be. IMHO. i'm with shaker on this.
Old 27-11-2009, 23:06   #25
Full Member+

Over the past few seasons I have been regularly critical of Dunbavin, 'cos at the end of the day he is just not good enough for this level of football. I totally agree that he has improved his game this season and all credit to him for doing so, but if the new lad can play as well as he did in the match we had against Liverpool the season before last, then he should be in. He won't be, however, 'cos Coley is nothing if not loyal and I'm sure he will play Bavs tomorrow. I only hope it does not cost us dearly. It DOES occur to me that maybe I feel a little more sympathetic to Bavs because the departed Scottish U21 keeper was no better! (Leeds' signing of David Martin this week says it all!!)
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 07:57   #26
God Member

FA Cup sponsored by E.On Second Round
Saturday 28th Nov 2009

Goalkeeper cleared to play
New loan goalkeeper signing Dean Bouzanis will be included in the squad for Saturday's FA Cup game against Barnet after Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez gave the nod for the 19 year old to play in the competition.

Dean signed on emergency loan deadline day this week along with Blackburn Rovers defender Johnny Flynn who is unfortunately cup tied after appearing for Chester City in a previous round.

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 09:04   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
FA Cup sponsored by E.On Second Round
Saturday 28th Nov 2009

Goalkeeper cleared to play
New loan goalkeeper signing Dean Bouzanis will be included in the squad for Saturday's FA Cup game against Barnet after Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez gave the nod for the 19 year old to play in the competition.

Dean signed on emergency loan deadline day this week along with Blackburn Rovers defender Johnny Flynn who is unfortunately cup tied after appearing for Chester City in a previous round.

It's all very well Rafa giving the nod. I only hope some one has checked with the FA as well. There always used to be rule that a player had to be signed 7 days before a cup tie.

It would be just like Stanley to get through, draw Man U away and then get kicked out for playing an ineligible player.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2009, 09:14   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
It's all very well Rafa giving the nod. I only hope some one has checked with the FA as well. There always used to be rule that a player had to be signed 7 days before a cup tie.
That changed a few years ago. Players have to be registered by 12 noon on the Friday before the round starts
Old 01-12-2009, 11:53   #29
Senior Member+

any1 know the names of those players that where training with us???

Linfield was 1, cant remember the other 2???

Any1 know if they will get a contract????
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 17:24   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
any1 know the names of those players that where training with us???

Linfield was 1, cant remember the other 2???

Any1 know if they will get a contract????
Are you referring to Louis Melo and Ross Lloyd? I think there was one more but I can't remember the name.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..