Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 12:34   #16

Re: New Sponsors

Hmm. "A five-figure deal". I ask myself: if the deal was in the high end of that range, wouldn't we be shouting it from the rooftops. I hope that the club haven't been panicked into settling for less than the market rate. Lessons learned? Well, here's hoping. Welcome on board, Combined Stabilisation. (Sure, we've had worse on our shirts in the past, particularly those with McEvilly on the back of them)
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-06-2008, 12:39   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Hmm. "A five-figure deal". I ask myself: if the deal was in the high end of that range, wouldn't we be shouting it from the rooftops. I hope that the club haven't been panicked into settling for less than the market rate. Lessons learned? Well, here's hoping. Welcome on board, Combined Stabilisation. (Sure, we've had worse on our shirts in the past, particularly those with McEvilly on the back of them)
I couldn't have put it better myself, agree with everything you've posted and I don't do that very often on accyweb.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 15:03   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
Sure, we've had worse on our shirts in the past, particularly those with McEvilly on the back of them
.... or Justin Jackson who continues to spoil the video celebrations of Goucky's FA Cup goal against Huddersfield.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:47   #19
Super Moderator

But what exactly's going to be on the new shirts? Is it going to be the full company name, or is it going to be that dinky little CS in a sun logo on the side of the contraption in the picture? I hope it's the latter, because I, for one, feel that after a couple of hours in Ye Olde Trip To Jerusalem in Nottingham, The Bull's Head in Burslem, The Norfolk Arms in Sheffield, The Leaking Boot in Cleethorpes and various other fine hostelries (not forgetting The Crown, of course!), "Stabilisation" may not quite be the appropriate word for me.
Old 04-06-2008, 20:11   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats good news quickly..........

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..