Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2009, 07:49   #31
Senior Member+

Re: New Stadium Announcer

[QUOTE=cashman;737614]whats really annoying though does this new person think we are all STUPID? why the hell has he to keep reminding us of the ruddy score? especially when losing, does the guy think we are unable to count? so if yer read this numbnuts take note.[/QUOTE

I found this a bit depressing too Cashy !!....Perhaps he's under orders from the late, but not too lamented Ricky to undermine our current feelings of well-being !! by relaying constant snippets of bad news during the game!....You know what these DJ's can be like !..

As to Sam.F's assessment of last nights's assessment of the sound quality under the cover of the Main Stand...The amplification, particularly during the 'Overture'
( Clear Orf....Carl Orff!!!).....was alarmingly loud and lent nothing to the occasion...except I noticed Steve Guinan wincing with every blast !.

Perhaps it was an 'OMEN' of what was to follow !!.....BUT it can be tolerated
Sam !!........JUST !!!

ON STANLEY....ON!!!'

ps COWBOY....Alfred.E....has just muttered something about 'a false dawn' in my ear !!....OH DEAR !!!.....

'WHAT ME WORRY ???'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2009, 08:09   #32
Super Moderator

I might be wrong, but I was sure I heard the announcer mention a company name everytime he read out the score last night, so maybe it's part of a sponsorship deal in the same way that Huntroyd Nurseries sponsored the extra time announcements some time ago.

What me worry, Yonmon?...well, yes, slightly, but hopefully only for a little while!
Old 19-08-2009, 10:07   #33

I remember a few seasons ago at Stockport, they had a poor PA system, 'How we all took the mick'.
The thing is ours now is no better.
While i am on the subject, How embarrassing as a 'Stanley Fan' is it to have to listen to Carmina Burana played at such a high level, through such poor system?????. "Tinpot"
Away fans must Pi** themselves.
Old 19-08-2009, 14:25   #34
Senior Member+

'How embarrassing as a 'Stanley Fan' is it to have to listen to Carmina Burana '.....

William you ARE being 'picky' again !......This 'opus by Orff' is meant to inculcate all the emotions of impending excitement and cerebral titillation in the listener...surely you felt and shared the throb of the collective heartbeat of the Ultras...and Cashy...and Wyn...and even Sam.F.!...as this stimulating Choral masterpiece flooded around you !....
It stirred me, I can tell you !!.....Had to go to the Loo !!.....TWICE !!!.

Why, Even Coley had a faraway look in his eyes as he nonchalantly strolled by to the dugout..giving a little skip now and then in time to the wild and fascinating Rhythms so eloquently composed and scored by Herr Orff !!.

So do try to see the reasoning behind our NEW Stadium announcers logic in choosing this particular piece of Cr. er.Music ....He is after all doing his best..thinking about us all....and is probably good to his Mother as well...SO THERE !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 20:16   #35
God Member

Re above post from Yonmon..........................absolutley brilliant............karma on its way!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..