Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 22:05   #1
Junior Member+

New Stadium Announcer

Who is the new announcer,????.
I was quite pleased when I turned up at the ground, and no sight or sound of Pricky what's his name. I thought great no obscure reggae music at half time .
Half time arrived and 'Flippin Heck' , I nearly Sh1t myself, How loud does the new guy need the music????, I find it difficult enough as it is, having to shout at the top of my voice if I have anything to say to the person next to me .
Old 12-08-2009, 22:25   #2
Full Member+

Re: New Stadium Announcer

Won't know as the PA does work on the Clayton End

And I miss the obscure Reggae music, makes a change from whatever ****e is in the charts or stupid eckyecky boom boom music.
Old 13-08-2009, 09:38   #3

It was even louder last home game - I brought my ear plugs this time he really needs to turn it down.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 09:38   #4
Senior Member+

As Gaz said, if you stand to the left of the goal, you hardly hear anything at all.
Old 13-08-2009, 14:39   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
As Gaz said, if you stand to the left of the goal, you hardly hear anything at all.

That is of very little consolation to those of us , who, in our dotage find it easier to sit under the Main Stand TM..!!.

As to the quality of the musical fare served up by the 'NEW' Stadium announcer,
It really was difficult, due to both the amplitude and abysmal sound quality emanating from the speakers, to assess just what sort of C**P it actually was !!.

BRING BACK 'OWD BOB'....Who used to come in our ears par excellence !!

p.s Alfred.E. thinks that 'Billy Casper' must be a bit of a picky so and so !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 14:46   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
That is of very little consolation to those of us , who, in our dotage find it easier to sit under the Main Stand TM..!!.
That's very true Yonmon, but at least it's an improvement on Ricky 'That's Your Marker' Kirby!
Old 13-08-2009, 15:28   #7
God Member

Just to throw my 2p worth in guys, we do actually have a half decent PA system..........however it does not seem to be set up correctly. I have offered,on many occasions to set it,as I have the best part of 20 yrs experience in working with 'live sound',but to no avail! The mistake a lot of people make is 'volume up = better sound',when infact it should be 'clarity over volume= better sound'. This goes for the spoken word as well as recorded/live music. Ok lecture over!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 15:49   #8
God Member

Smile Re: New Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Just to throw my 2p worth in guys, we do actually have a half decent PA system..........however it does not seem to be set up correctly. I have offered,on many occasions to set it,as I have the best part of 20 yrs experience in working with 'live sound',but to no avail! The mistake a lot of people make is 'volume up = better sound',when infact it should be 'clarity over volume= better sound'. This goes for the spoken word as well as recorded/live music. Ok lecture over!!
Have you tried asking the new regime UK?????

19 Years in the Football League

VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 16:00   #9
God Member

I agree the announcer is better than Ricky Kirby - but if it was his choice for us to walk out to the theme from 'The Omen' I'm not so sure.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2009, 18:18   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Have you tried asking the new regime UK?????

Nope!

Might offer my services again on Friday and see if there is a better reaction..................MIGHT

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 18:12   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Nope!

Might offer my services again on Friday and see if there is a better reaction..................MIGHT
Never mind 'MIGHT' Cowboy....even if it's for my eardrums only ...DO IT !!!
'PLEASE ????????'

Can't be there tonight but I really hope that the Meeting reflects the ever-increasing feeling of 'openness and honesty' which everyone hopes will be an integral part of the unwritten contract between the 'New Regime' and the band of true supporters who care so fervently about our Club and it's future !!.

'ON STANLEY!....ON !!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2009, 19:03   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

being deaf as a door post the music or lack of it aint a big issue wi me, what does bug a bit though is i can't hear the winning 50/50 ticket many times when announced. so endorse yonmons plea, uk cowboy please ask em.
Old 14-08-2009, 19:17   #13
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
being deaf as a door post the music or lack of it aint a big issue wi me, what does bug a bit though is i can't hear the winning 50/50 ticket many times when announced. so endorse yonmons plea, uk cowboy please ask em.

Just Remembered back at Deepdale in the 90's before the Scoreboard the halftime draw was paraded around on a board during the second half by two lovely ladies (bimbos).
Old 14-08-2009, 19:39   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
Just Remembered back at Deepdale in the 90's before the Scoreboard the halftime draw was paraded around on a board during the second half by two lovely ladies (bimbos).
obviously they weren't from preston gaz?
Old 15-08-2009, 17:40   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
..... if it was his choice for us to walk out to the theme from 'The Omen' I'm not so sure.
Please, please PLEASE can we lose that irrelevant dirge asap; what was wrong with "Cart On Stanley?"

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..