Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2010, 20:16   #31
Senior Member+

Re: New striker signing!

we still need a genuine target man, i think we can expect another signing to be announced sooner rather than later.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2010, 20:54   #32
Senior Member+

Great signing.

Still haven't replaced Michael Symes for him to play off though.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 21:45   #33
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Now i'm a bit confussed here fishy site says we've signed GORNELL on a free BUT Tranmere web site news say LOANED striker GORNELL......GORNELL MISSING FOR STANLEY Click here for head-to-head stats

Team news for Tuesday's Johnstone's Paint Trophy clash between Tranmere and Accrington.
Accrington will be without on-loan striker Terry Gornell when they face Tranmere in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round.

Gornell joined Stanley from Tranmere last week and is ineligible to face his parent club under the conditions of the loan deal.
Stanley boss John Coleman could also be without fellow striker Craig Lindfield, who has been struggling with a knee injury.
Coleman will be hoping striker Rory Boulding (Achilles) is available to return and summer signing Andy Parkinson will be hoping to secure a starting berth.
Defender Sean Hessey is also an injury concern as he is struggling with a knock, while Charlie Barnett has also picked up a knock and faces a race against time to prove his fitness.
Tranmere look set to hand a debut to new signing Sam Morrow.
The striker has arrived from Coleraine and joined Rovers for a nominal fee.
Morrow left Derry in January to sign for Coleraine and joined Rovers on trial last week.
He will be available to face Accrington if international clearance is received in time.
Rovers boss Les Parry must decide whether to include Ian Thomas-Moore after the striker missed Saturday's 2-2 draw at Dagenham.
The 34-year-old was a surprise omission from the Rovers team-sheet at Victoria Road with Parry revealing that Thomas-Moore, who has been heavily linked with a move to Rotherham, was unable to travel due to a knee injury.
Old 30-08-2010, 21:57   #34
Senior Member+

From current BBC Sports News;

"Tranmere v Accrington 19:00

Tuesday, 31 August Kick-off: 1945 BST

TEAM NEWS
Tranmere are set to hand a debut to striker Sam Morrow, if he gets international clearance in time.

Boss Les Parry must also decide on striker Ian Thomas-Moore, who has been struggling with a knee injury.

Accrington will be without on-loan striker Terry Gornell, who is ineligible to face his parent club. Fellow strikers Craig Lindfield (knee) and Rory Boulding (Achilles) are doubtful so Andy Parkinson could be brought in to deputise."

I'm confused now too - I thought we'd signed him on a free ......

They don't seem to know what time kick off is, either
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2010, 22:15   #35
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Old 30-08-2010, 22:25   #36
Senior Member+

Does_it_matter?

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 08:24   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Now i'm a bit confussed here fishy site says we've signed GORNELL on a free BUT Tranmere web site news say LOANED striker GORNELL.
I can't see anything about a loan on this from Tranmere's site:
Tranmere Rovers | News | Latest News | Latest News | Gornell Joins Accrington Stanley

I can see Tranmere including a clause in the deal to prevent him playing tonight. Have people like the BBC seen that he can't play and just assumed it's because of a loan deal? Sloppy journalism again?

As for a match preview, their fishy site just says it's coming soon.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 12:05   #38
Senior Member+

10 changes from oxford team, only phil edwards starting ( at r b )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 12:07   #39
Senior Member+

looks like a strong team as well ! how things are changing,bit of depth to the squad
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..