Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2007, 21:43   #1
Junior Member+

new years day...

well guys and gals-if you wanna see your team spank a supposed 'big club' you know where to be on january 1st...anyone however wanting to watch an even end to end contest could do worse than stay in and pop sky sports on.

youre gonna cream us...again-i just hope it doesnt rain!!

love a very worried bantam...(ps where can i get a few beers when i walk out when were 4-0 down after 30 mins)
marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-12-2007, 21:57   #2
God Member

Re: new years day...

Dont worry if it rains our OSC have portable red & white roofs for sale at a bargain LOL

Try Greyhorse for away traditionally or Oaklea will make u welcome as would our clubhouse - just ignore the mayhem of excited red & white shirts nowt personal but it'll be like winning the lottery if we win at home especially on a new year

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2007, 21:58   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marti View Post
when were 4-0 down after 30 mins)
An appealing scenario, Marti, but I think it'll be much, much closer than that. However, if this happy event does come to pass, walk behind the stand, up the steps, through the car park, turn right into the Crown, get yourself a pint and ask Hazel for pie and peas. It may console you a little!
Old 29-12-2007, 22:00   #4
Super Moderator

There you are then, Marti, not one, but four boozers to choose from...you could even go on a mini crawl!
Old 29-12-2007, 22:01   #5
God Member

Yup forgot crown too

Least you'll be 1st at bar for a few pints till whistle goes

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-12-2007, 23:06   #6
God Member

Hmmm don't get your hopes up on the drinking!! Was told there may be a few closed pubs

rumours of course

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 09:54   #7
God Member

Police have advised closure. Oaklea will be closed to away fans. Crown will be open to anyone most likely.
Old 30-12-2007, 10:01   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Police have advised closure.
No suprise there.
Old 30-12-2007, 10:15   #9
God Member

Quote:
Police have advised closure. Oaklea will be closed to away fans. Crown will be open to anyone most likely.
Ah right, typical of crown that would be ....lets get the dosh of em before the argie bargie kicks off pmsl

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 30-12-2007, 10:52   #10

Quote:
Why would the Police ban Bradford fans from the Oaklea? Whats their problem, any ideas?

Anyway lets hope there is a good crowd tomorrow, good football - and a good dry - fun day out
Blackburn Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 10:54   #11
God Member

I think its just the numbers that will be coming and th efact that it is a traditional 'getting leathered' day. Accy isn't used to hosting large numbers of away fans so on occasions like this Plan B comes out. I think.
Old 30-12-2007, 11:02   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley View Post
Why would the Police ban Bradford fans from the Oaklea? Whats their problem, any ideas?

Anyway lets hope there is a good crowd tomorrow, good football - and a good dry - fun day out
Macca is being polite...some (please note visiting fans) of the bantam fans have a slight reputation for undoing upholstery and the old game that is catch the bar stool

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2007, 19:28   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn Stanley View Post

Yea but tomorrow is Monday and we aint playing till Tuesday - if you do go, you will be in a minority of one lol

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..