Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2016, 16:34   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Newport Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Yep, great results pretty much everywhere. Didn't expect many of our rivals to drop points today, and apart from Argyle they all did!
just what I thought chimer but then I remembered back to the Dons match and with officials with the standard of Trevor Kettle anything is possible just hope those 2 points he cost us arn't the ones that deny us promotion
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2016, 16:38   #62
Senior Member+

Chuffin' hell this could happen, well done lads and Coley and Jimmy
Old 28-03-2016, 16:40   #63
Senior Member+

Is it possible that this Stanley team maybe copying L'il Wigan of a few years back. i.e. when they got promoted to the FL they struggled for about 10-12 years but following that, got promotions all the way up the ladder to the PL. Stayed there for 10 years and won the FA cup plus the Auto Windscreens trophy (now paint pot trophy). Be nice to dream, but why not have some ambition, Hope Jack Barrett and Eric Whalley are watching from on high.
smudgie likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 16:53   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accy Mad View Post
Well done Stanley and to traveling fans. Better team on the day won.
Not being funny but just to be clear, the above poster isn't me - this post is me. & this has been my user name on here for years.
I agree with whoever this is, better team did win & our support was amazing!
Just confused me when I logged in to find I'd already posted a comment when I knew I hadn't (if that makes sense) didn't think two people could have same user name?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 17:02   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not being funny but just to be clear, the above poster isn't me - this post is me. & this has been my user name on here for years.
Just confused me when I logged in to find I'd already posted a comment when I knew I hadn't (if that makes sense) didn't think two people could have same user name?
It aint the same Di, its the space that makes the difference.
Old 28-03-2016, 17:04   #66

will the real AccyMad please stand up ! - had thought the other poster was you on a special mobile link or something.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 17:05   #67

or should we say - (im)poster
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 17:15   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
AccyMad we know the real one.
unfortunately user names only need one aspect different ie. lower case, capital, space, underscore, ect. to be excepted
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 19:09   #69
Senior Member+

Who ever he or she is, they only joined today and come from Newport and have 4 posts, so looks like we have a new supporter and I,m sure they didn,t realize you were already taken?
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 19:14   #70
Senior Member+

Check post #26 on the Newport thread.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2016, 19:21   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its pretty obvious its a genuine cock up, the guy seems ok to me.
Old 28-03-2016, 19:30   #72
Senior Member+

Goals!...Newport 0-2 Accrington Stanley | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
cashman likes this.
Old 28-03-2016, 20:23   #73
Senior Member+

Three magic moments in an otherwise forgettable game.

The first was a brilliant save by Ross low down to his left when still 0 - 0. The other two were our well-taken goals.

There was no hope of playing skilful football on that pitch. It was drier than I expected but the playing surface was abysmal.

We won by effort, desire and determination - yet another gutsy team performance. Well done the Reds.

And a word for the referee - awful.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 06:02   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Who ever he or she is, they only joined today and come from Newport and have 4 posts, so looks like we have a new supporter and I,m sure they didn,t realize you were already taken?
It's fine, had a pm from my alter ego - I was at the game & saw his/her posts when I got back on the coach. Checked their profile & it gave their location as South Wales, which obviously was where I was at the time
Talk about spooky, thought for a minute I'd entered some kind of parallel universe (or had more than the one drink in Wetherspoons before the game & forgotten I'd posted)
ossy kid and Accy Mad like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 07:40   #75

Agree with Revived Red. Never going to be a great game with the wind and the pitch but after the great save by Ross, Newport never got another sniff at a chance. Well done to the whole team for battling it out in difficult conditions to get another 3 points in this incredible season.
AccyMad likes this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..