Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2016, 08:15   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Newport Thread.

Those 2 pts that the idiot Kettle did us out of a few weeks back could be very crucial imho.
Old 29-03-2016, 08:34   #77
God Member

well done lads a great result at a difficult place and ground. this side seems to ride everything that is thrown at it. character in abundance. we deserve to go up as I agree with coley we are one of the best 3 sides in the division. roll on Saturday for another hard earned 3 points.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 09:35   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
well done lads a great result at a difficult place and ground. this side seems to ride everything that is thrown at it. character in abundance. we deserve to go up as I agree with coley we are one of the best 3 sides in the division. roll on Saturday for another hard earned 3 points.
I fully agree, but for me, what makes it more interesting is the Devon derby between Exeter and Plymouth. Could easily be lying 3rd by next Saturday evening. No easy games between now and the end of the season, just one helluva and exciting ride. Here's hoping we don't have to do the play off route.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 10:02   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I fully agree, but for me, what makes it more interesting is the Devon derby between Exeter and Plymouth. Could easily be lying 3rd by next Saturday evening. No easy games between now and the end of the season, just one helluva and exciting ride. Here's hoping we don't have to do the play off route.
I agree 90%. The other 10% thinks going via the playoffs to a Wembley final might - just might - finally get the attention of the good citizens of Accy . On the other hand, the thought of losing in the playoff semis again is just horrible .
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-03-2016, 10:45   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I reckon wi Joss back it increases our chances of n automatic spot. just get crooksy back also n i think weve cracked it.
Old 29-03-2016, 11:19   #81
Senior Member+

Clean sheets is key for me Cashy as i always fancy us to score.
The only team i fear is Portsmouth in this league.They play the same system and on paper have more experience and better players.
They have massively under achieved up to now,so i am praying for automatic promotion.
Incidentally have you read on the oppositions forums recently and most think were nothing special,so if we keep under the radar and let the others have all the expectations and pressure !!!
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 11:30   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Clean sheets is key for me Cashy as i always fancy us to score.
The only team i fear is Portsmouth in this league.They play the same system and on paper have more experience and better players.
They have massively under achieved up to now,so i am praying for automatic promotion.
Incidentally have you read on the oppositions forums recently and most think were nothing special,so if we keep under the radar and let the others have all the expectations and pressure !!!
Its the same on Channel5s GoalRush, we hardly get a mention, suits me down to the ground. its all wi the gods i know, but on paper to me we can do it.also agree about pompey.
Old 29-03-2016, 12:13   #83

Agree that it has been good to be just off the radar for so long. With the tv media mostly based down south, it is understandable why their expectations are focussed on the city of Oxford, city of Plymouth, city of Portsmouth, city of Bristol. I kid you not, most of the people I'm long exiled among think Accrington is a suburb of Liverpool (can't think why ! ). However I am thinking with seven to go it is time for the squad to hit the front (well 2nd realistically) and steamroller for the runners up spot behind Northampton. Yeah, a little bit of me had thoughts of a Wembly trip but the scars of Stevenage soon put that to bed. Starting to get over-excited - where's me pills - - - - -
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 13:28   #84
God Member

Crooks back in the team? dunno whether I'd want him in to be fair! He probably is the best player in the division on his day, but hasn't been too fantastic since he wrapped up his multi million pound transfer. The last couple of games or so we have seemed far more solid at the back with Brown patrolling in front of the defence. Crooks gives us the better attacking impetus and Brown the better defence. Who'd be a manager eh
Old 29-03-2016, 13:37   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Crooks back in the team? dunno whether I'd want him in to be fair! He probably is the best player in the division on his day, but hasn't been too fantastic since he wrapped up his multi million pound transfer. The last couple of games or so we have seemed far more solid at the back with Brown patrolling in front of the defence. Crooks gives us the better attacking impetus and Brown the better defence. Who'd be a manager eh
Agreed, Especially as F19 points out you'd fancy us scoring a goal or 2 we need to make sure we keep solid at the back!
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-03-2016, 14:01   #86
Senior Member+

I have changed my mind baldy,all out attack from now on !,Redraines convinced me I am too defence minded,keep the roller coaster going
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 14:38   #87
God Member

Talking of attacking, did anyone get an impression of Mr.Fosu-Henry's potential in his 20 minutes on the pitch? Importantly, does he have a left peg?
And talking of wingers, from the video I did notice Piero's contribution to both goals; in the first he got stuck into their defender for a 50/50 ball and it spun free to Matty Pearson to provide a deft cross. Not every diminutive winger would put in such an effective challenge against a big strong defender.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 15:26   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Only one goal conceded in the four games that Scott Brown has played. To my untrained and unbadged mind, that kind of solid defending breeds confidence throughout the team. If the team knows that we are likely to concede, that puts extra pressure on because midfield and forwards know they will simply have to score to get anything from a game.
ossy kid likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 15:36   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Talking of attacking, did anyone get an impression of Mr.Fosu-Henry's potential in his 20 minutes on the pitch? Importantly, does he have a left peg?
It was impossible to judge anyone on that pitch. He never seemed to have an opportunity to take on his full-back. I can, however, recall 3 occasions when he closed down an opponent and prevented a clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not every diminutive winger would put in such an effective challenge against a big strong defender.
No need to use the word "diminutive", Exile!! As I have commented above, Fosu was certainly willing to challenge for the ball.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2016, 15:37   #90

If they are all match fit, don't change the team for Saturday. Brown has worked tirelessly in closing opposition midfield down and going for 50/50 balls. Every team benefits from having someone like him.
baldy likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..