Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2016, 12:22   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Newport Thread.

By all accounts this will be very difficult, crap pitch,crap weather forecast, I reckon the 3 pts will be yon, if we have 11 battlers on the pitch, gonna be one hell of a fight,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-03-2016, 14:45   #2
God Member

Re: Newport Thread.

Report from the Northampton game yesterday suggest that Newport, as with Stanley at Sixfields, were very unlucky to end up losing 1-0.
No easy games in League 2, but I expect the home team will be used to playing on a ploughed beach and Stanley's defence will have to withstand wind-assisted aerial bombardments. Just like they did at Oxford
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2016, 20:46   #3
God Member

Just had a peek on Newport's forum, some posters on there suggesting game could be in doubt due to 2 rugby games being played this weekend on what they call an already fragile pitch, add in to this the weather that's forecast over next couple of days - hope it's not called off, looking forward to the trip & wouldn't fancy doing it midweek
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 09:39   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just had a peek on Newport's forum, some posters on there suggesting game could be in doubt due to 2 rugby games being played this weekend on what they call an already fragile pitch, add in to this the weather that's forecast over next couple of days - hope it's not called off, looking forward to the trip & wouldn't fancy doing it midweek
Just read pretty much the same, although one poster feels that the pitch could get a load of sand dumped on it and then rolled in. If the team go down there today, practice on the nearest beach to get a feel of the pitch. Wonder what Somerset would make of this?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 10:50   #5
Senior Member+

After fridays exertions i would rest the team and play Mooney in goals,Liam and Bucko fullbacks,Joe and Dean centre backs,Crooksey and Proc centre mid,
New lad on left wing,Bocco on right wing with Josh tucked in behind Terry.
Only joking of course,but you dont realise what strength in depth we have until you study it.
Question,who would win if they played each other !!!!
AccyMad, LongLostSon and yonmon like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 13:05   #6
God Member

Stanley

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 14:00   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Stanley

quality reply Joe !!,be a good game tho
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 14:41   #8

Rugby from newport on s4c now. Parts of the midfield look unplayable with massive potholes in mud and sand. Stanley might do better stopping the coach next to a ploughed field and training there.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 17:22   #9
Senior Member+

have we ever beaten Newport County away?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 17:24   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Yeh Tomorrow.
Old 27-03-2016, 17:28   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
No, although we got a draw there last season:
Accrington Stanley football club: record v Newport County
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 19:00   #12
Senior Member+

i recall Beatties first game away at newport, sad to say clever fans like me where hounded on this forum for having the insight to predict the negative, boring football disaster than james beatties management regime turned into.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 19:01   #13
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
No, although we got a draw there last season:
Accrington Stanley football club: record v Newport County
You deserved more and if it wasn't for a wonder goal by loanee Joe Pigott you would've done.

That's all he ever done for us after the fans paid for his services.
Think he's on loan at that horrible club in Bedfordshire now. I hope you make the play-offs and if they make it you beat them.

They are so deluded they honestly think they are a championship team (well the majority of them).
ncfc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 19:43   #14
God Member

Quote:
i recall Beatties first game away at newport, sad to say clever fans like me where hounded on this forum for having the insight to predict the negative, boring football disaster than james beatties management regime turned into.
And why bring this up now? Anyone'd think you're missing having summat to whinge about . . . . .
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 19:57   #15
God Member

Is he Somerset in disguise?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..