Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2012, 18:43   #31
God Member

Re: Nice and Early Shrewsbury Town Match Thread.........

Thoroughly absorbing game with both sides creating chances first half we were probably just outshone second half the more likely side to score, the team is now beginning to knit together and they look comfortable on the ball pity it's near the end of the season but at least the management will have more food for thought on contracts and the kind of players they need to bring in over the Summer.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2012, 22:44   #32

Hi Guys, Shrews fan here. Great match and fair play, You guys were one of the better teams weve come up against this season, thought you deserved it prob more than us today. Think alot of shrews fans thought it would be alot easier than it was but i knew it was going to be a tough one. Good luck for the rest of the season and if we make it to Lge 1, hope we manage to stay and Accy join us, def one of my favourite places to come.
lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 22:51   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Convinced yeh will make it Lumpy, could just nick the title, Good Luck in Div1.
Old 21-04-2012, 22:56   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The Shrews fans were good lads, n a credit to the club.
All except the handful of unpleasant drunken characters who behaved abysmally on Preston station and on the train back to Crewe. They were a sharp contrast to the many friendly Shrews fans I met.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 08:11   #35
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
All except the handful of unpleasant drunken characters who behaved abysmally on Preston station and on the train back to Crewe. They were a sharp contrast to the many friendly Shrews fans I met.
We try not to let them out of Shropshire,but these idiots must have slipped through the net

Enjoyable game,very happy to get a point.Torquay,and Creepy could have no complaints with our last three opponents who have had "nothing to play for" that's for sure! All the best (especially against Creepy!)
JimboJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 10:38   #36
Full Member+

There were Shrews fans arrested in Accy town centre too.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 11:09   #37
God Member

Accrington Stanley - Shrewsbury Town

Possession
55% - 45%

Shots
18 - 13

On Target
12 - 3

2nd in the league? You're having a laugh

I can only echo the comments praising the quality of the match, it was probably the best game I've seen all season.
Indeed Shrewsbury played some nice passing football and kept the ball for long periods, but did little with it. Conversely we made the most of our possession, created many chances and got behind their defence time after time.
Had their goalkeeper not had his game of the season we'd have walked it three or four goals to one.
Every game we play now is just increasing the excitement for next season.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 15:16   #38

The stats are certainly well in your favour and i don't think they give an innacurate picture of the match, i cant remember the last time we were as uncreative as that, certainly not in the past 4 months anyway.Thing about our keeper is he has- up until recently been a bit of a worry and got plenty of stick on our forum but give him his dues has kept us in the last 3 matches, he made some good saves against Port fail but surpassed that against you guys. As nice as we played at times, i thought Accy created the better chances and on another day we'd of been skulking back to the shire with our tail between our legs.
lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 15:20   #39
God Member

Think you are being a little hard on your lads, they played some good footy and kept possession well!!

One of the best teams I have seen this season - well done and good luck

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 15:41   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well lumpy if yer concerned about yer keeper, How about we swop? yeh can have Bavs back.
Old 22-04-2012, 17:51   #41
Junior Member+

Shrewsbury Town | News | Latest | Latest | Thanks from Accrington Stanley

Thank you.

MattSTFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2012, 22:23   #42

What we really mean is thanks for the cash injection
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 09:02   #43
Full Member+

The goals from the match are below.

BBC Sport - Highlights: Accrington 1-1 Shrewsbury
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 09:22   #44
Senior Member+

Great goal from super Hughes, really hope he stays

Looked a massive following, gutted I missed it
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 09:30   #45
Senior Member+

I agree with previous comments that this was probably the best game of the season at The Crown. It was a great atmosphere with the Shrews fans turning out in good numbers but the Stanley Ultras too were close to their best and gave excellent support. Shrewsbury started confidently and for the first 20 minutes looked like a well organised team playing slick passes and looking calm under pressure. However, Stanley were clearly up for the game and started to match the Shrews mid away through the first half and then took the initiative. The Shrews goal came a bit against the run of play and it was a scruffy shot on the turn by Gornell that may have taken a deflection of the Stanley defender in close attendance. By half time Stanley should have scored at least a couple of goals with bad misses by Joyce and Barnett and a bit of luck when one rolled across their goal mouth! The Shrews seem to come out in the second half seemingly content to hold their one goal advantage and to their credit Stanley continued to press hard for a goal. Paddy was a bit unlucky to find the Shrews keeper in very good form. The goal by Hughes was superb and it drifted away from the keeper as it flew into the side of the goal! The ref was watching a different game! He made odd decisions but got no help from his linesmen. Stanley also had a good shout for a penalty in the first half when one of our forwards was clearly pushed in the back. (Ashley Young would have buried himself!) Overall I would imagine the stats were much in Stanley's favour and in the end we should have won. I think we hit the post and bar four times in the match! However, it was a good point against a side who will get promoted and shows the continued improvement under Cooky and Liam.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..