Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2010, 16:25   #1
Resting in Peace

No Subs

Although I would have taken a point before today's game I still feel terribly frustrated at Coley's reluctance to bring on any subs. How Chris and Rory must have been squirming on the bench at Torquay. After combining to rescue a point for us last time out, even with late yellow cards for us when we were trying to hold out, they didn't get a look in and must be gutted. It pees me off so much that I'm ashamed to admit I have been through every other match in the 4 divisions today and can't find ONE other team that has not used at least one sub; most using at least two!!
I can't help but think this policy(?) costs us valuable points.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2010, 17:09   #2

Re: No Subs

Valid point as the subs certainly rescued the game last week and against Doncaster. Seems to me Coley will always settle for a draw away from home. Lets see if he feels the same as we slip down the league.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 17:20   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its my big beef that un, have thought fer a long while, n its a big failing to me.
Old 11-09-2010, 17:50   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Valid point as the subs certainly rescued the game last week and against Doncaster. Seems to me Coley will always settle for a draw away from home. Lets see if he feels the same as we slip down the league.
Fair do's, but surely fresh legs at some stage would help even if they were instructed to get behind the ball?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 18:48   #5
God Member

It was a little surprise today for no substitutions to be made, I know sometimes it can upset the balance and the manager will have the best idea with how they have set their side up to play.

To also be fair to Coley he has made some good calls so far this season with his subs in rescuing both points and games.

I have no issue with the formation away from home if it gets points and results, although I would like to see a genuine 4-4-2 at home really going for it, I also still think we are lightweight up top there are solutions and I am sure it will come good we are certainly beyond my expectations in terms of League Position at this moment in time and the addition of maybe a more experienced striker to help work with the younger ones may just bring far more than we could dream of.

Just to come back to substitutions and how they can affect games the Burnley v PNE game was classic of that (although the sending off also played a part) but all of sudden the passing game for Burnley came to the fore and attacking instincts took over to turn the result on it's head.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 20:10   #6
Full Member+

It is frustrating and all points made are correct. But I reckon coley has got it spot on so far. We have the best defence in the football league (!) but we are weak up front. The players on the bench esp turner are attack minded but Coley must think the balance of the team is not right with the subs on (i don't think he doubts their abilities) If we are losing then there is nothing to lose by making changes but a draw at torquay or oxford is a cracking result and not one to jeopardise by going for it. If we had the firepower then it would be a different story. I can't say I am not pleased with any result so far this season and once again we are punching above our weight. The whole team should be commended for yet again exceeding our expectations.

But goals would be nice.....
Old 11-09-2010, 20:51   #7
Senior Member+

Im sorry but in real terms, 1 point in the mileage is vaild. Also your crying for Turner im not sure he was on the bench if I recall Dan. Although I may be mistaken. In Coley we trust. UTS !
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 21:41   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Im sorry but in real terms, 1 point in the mileage is vaild. Also your crying for Turner im not sure he was on the bench if I recall Dan. Although I may be mistaken. In Coley we trust. UTS !
am sure dan said turner was on the bench, but thats irrelevant really, there was 5 on the bench n 5 stayed yon, no-ones disagreeing its a great point away at torquay, no doubt at all, but football 19 was at the game n said sean mac looked knackered wi 30 mins to go, dan said summat on the lines that nowt was happening in second half, so i fail to see justification fer not using some of the bench.
Old 11-09-2010, 23:01   #9
Dan
Senior Member+

Howdy
Home!
Match report and line ups on fishy.
Turner was on the bench.
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 16:37   #10

If the match had gone on any longer and Mconville had carried on the behaving in the way he was Coley would have been forced to make a substitution due to a 10 man situation.

Hey you, don't watch that watch this! This is the heavy heavy monster sound,
The nuttiest sound around. So if you've come in off the street and you're beginning to feel the heat,
Well listen buster, you better start to move your feet to the rockinest, rock-steady beat of STANLEY

SOS 243
Stephen666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..