Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2010, 16:53   #1
God Member

Smile Non Uniform Day!

Today at work, we had the option of wearing a football top, in exchange for a £1 donation to "Help for heroes"

The initial idea was to wear England tops because of the World Cup, but it ended up as footy tops

During the day I had the usual "Who are they" one liners, but towards the end of the day, I had some Welsh chap from Northwich, come up to me and ask me where abouts I watched the game from, he then asked me if I knew of a chap called "Jase?" I told him I knew not of this man, he reamed off some other names, Ash, Harrie, Dowling, Will, Short, but I could not help him

He said he plays for some FANs footy Team and had in the past, played against these fellows in Accrington, he also said that they were jolly good fellows, who enjoyed playing football and supporting their Team!!

I found it quite strange to be miles away from Accy, surrounded by England tops, holding a conversation with some chap from Northwich about The Ultras

It also gave me a great sense of pride, that our little club is known everywhere, by everybody !!!!!!!!!!!!!

ON STANLEY ON

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2010, 17:01   #2
God Member

Re: Non Uniform Day!

Judas
Old 23-06-2010, 17:47   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ya must ave been sloshed joe, ya do know jase.
Old 23-06-2010, 17:49   #4
God Member

I broke the tradition of wearing the England top instead wore my stanley one and the luck of the stanley worked . .
Posted via Mobile Device
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2010, 20:59   #5

oh no, Stanleymad. Ya knows we only get one bit of luck a season & you've used it for the national side !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:04   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
oh no, Stanleymad. Ya knows we only get one bit of luck a season & you've used it for the national side !

ooopppppsssie mind you having seen national side play, stanley play much betterlol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 09:23   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
ooopppppsssie mind you having seen national side play, stanley play much betterlol
Have a listen to this Stanleymad

Old 24-06-2010, 09:55   #8
Senior Member+

How he remembers my surname is scary, i dont remember meeting anyone from that neck of the woods!! weird lot them . however fair play on wearing the shirt joe , always a good choice!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 12:16   #9
Senior Member+

the Ultras fc spread the word of Stanley far and wide every Sunday during the season and we now have mates all across the north.
You too can join the team by turning up to training every Thursday night at the Hyndburn sports center 9 till 10 all are welcome and who knows you could be the next star.

Loweiy
Old 01-07-2010, 17:25   #10
I am Banned

Training 9 - 10pm tonight
Let the People Stand is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..