Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2011, 21:34   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Off to a Good Start

First friendly and off to a good start 4 nil win over Radcliffe,Lots of new Trialists on show,anyone go tonight
Old 13-07-2011, 21:45   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Off to a Good Start

not i, couldn't even see dans new thing until just now, had a problem needed sorting.
Old 13-07-2011, 21:53   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Lots of new names on show tonight ..First half team is as follows:
Joshua Welsby, Liam Darville, Calvin Crooks, A Trialist, Nik Kudiersky, Alan Burton (C), John Routledge, Nathan Wilson, Kurtis Guthrie, Nick Walker, Jeff Kellaway and this line up for 2nd half..Dunbavin, Dean Overson, Simon Nangle, Chris Lynch, Calvin Crooks, Ben Whitcomb, Alan Burton, Nathan Wilson, Jon Routledge, Nat Taylor, Kurtis Guthrie And the link for Dans match report ASFC News Story > 4163
Old 13-07-2011, 22:08   #4
God Member

i think the defence was fairly unimpressive - with the possible exception of the left back. He looked like a left back, build wise. Errm struggling a bit beyond that.

The midfield and strikers gave me some hope. The number 9, Kurtis Guthrie I think, was reasonably impressive. He seemed to win a lot of the aerial balls and held it up fairly well. He also seemed to have a trick or two which might have come off better for him with more confidence. Also weighed in with a couple of goals but let himself down a touch with his one on one with the fat keeper that should have netted him his hat trick. Number 11 (first half not sure if still on in the second half) was fairly industrial as well and had a good game as did one of the centre mids who played some cracking balls through had we a Roscoe type to latch onto them.

All in all it reminded me why I don't go to friendlies ....
Old 13-07-2011, 22:08   #5
Senior Member+

Big athletic striker Chris Guthrie scored two and could of had about 8 !!! Showed quality ! And promise!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 22:10   #6
God Member

GREEN SOCKS!!!!!!

no need to be aggressive ....
Old 13-07-2011, 22:37   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Big athletic striker Chris Guthrie scored two and could of had about 8 !!! Showed quality ! And promise!!
that sounds promising. a good big un up front is a big requirement imho.
Old 13-07-2011, 23:13   #8
Full Member+

This lad Guthrie sounds like he may have some promise....can't read too much into friendlies, however it'd be interesting to see what those who actually went to Radcliffe have to say about the lad.

A big target man up front, with a presence who can also hold up the ball, is what we've been lacking since the legendendary Paul Mullin left.

Would fit in nicely with Coley's preferred formation from last season.....Interesting

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2011, 23:20   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
This lad Guthrie sounds like he may have some promise....can't read too much into friendlies, however it'd be interesting to see what those who actually went to Radcliffe have to say about the lad.

A big target man up front, with a presence who can also hold up the ball, is what we've been lacking since the legendendary Paul Mullin left.

Would fit in nicely with Coley's preferred formation from last season.....Interesting
Think FC went, usually does.
Old 14-07-2011, 03:42   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Unless there is another Guthrie going round by the name Chris, I sure hope it is not the geordie of the same name, he is older than me at 59 years old

All in all sounds like a promising start. Notice another Wiganer of Liverpool extraction in Jon Routledge, played for Hamilton Accies until last season. Sure Coley will bring the best out of him in midfield!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 05:27   #11
God Member

Number three a left back did the simple stuff well, distribution was good and looked fast going forward down the flank.

I thought Guthrie led the line okay and a few more games under his belt will probably show the full potential more, number eleven just played the first half and seemed to have a good engine in him getting up & down the pitch with some good pass & go stuff and number five second half positionally looked good and again was no nonsense where it mattered.

I thought baring in mind they probably have not played much together as a team and with changes in the second half it was a good performance

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 07:45   #12
God Member

Kurtis Guthrie
Old 14-07-2011, 08:04   #13
Senior Member+

went to the game last night,very hard to judge players who are way off match fitness and the opposition is no better than a pub team!.
Most had reasonable technique and the ones that caught my eye were the no 7 ,(routledge),who scored a nice goal and also smashed one against the bar from 30 yards!,small and stocky player,mmm,who does that remind you of??? ( a younger ryan lol).
Also,the left winger(with a welsh accent)showed some good movement and pace,which sometimes goes un-noticed.
The two burnley CBs looked liked they had a bit about them(although obviously not match fit)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2011, 08:31   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

much more positive interview from coley on fishy now, good to see.
Old 14-07-2011, 12:32   #15

number five second half positionally looked good and again was no nonsense where it mattered.

Yeah agree in the main with this analysis......................thought number 5 in second half was classy..............hardly made an error, did the simple things well, was composed and simple distribution and won all his 50/50 headers and two good feet!
pedro3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..