Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2010, 13:08   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Official club statement

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
omg who is this???

Do I have a clone?
Confusing! One for the mods, methinks.

PS One's enough, innit?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2010, 14:54   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
Do I have a clone?
It must have been that bag of genetically modified crisps you had.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 19:03   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
What happened to the statement re. the Don's situation promised for the end of the week (last week). Have I missed something, or is it the usual guff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Yep i was told an official statement would be made by end of last week
Still Nowt.
Old 07-09-2010, 16:22   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I don't know how he has the cheek to show his face at Stanley, after all, he was the one sitting around waiting for the winding up order and doing nothing, and now, when Stanley appear to be on a sound footing he wants a piece of the action again. He is the one who should have a BANNING ORDER against him and not the SU2.
Of course he NOW wants a piece of the action. When the winding up order took place he owned 51% of nothing, now he owns 51% of a debt-free football league club. As majority share holder he can basically do what he wants and go where he pleases. In my opinion he still owns the club.

Or am I mistaken?
Old 07-09-2010, 16:36   #35
God Member

The whole episode just drags on & on, why can't they all sit down round a table and sort it out behind closed doors on a one to one basis?

Either all work together or part the ways what is so difficult?

There surely has to be an amicable solution for everyone concerned?

Nobody is Bigger than the Club itself or shouldn't be

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 07-09-2010 at 16:39.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:48   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bob View Post
Of course he NOW wants a piece of the action. When the winding up order took place he owned 51% of nothing, now he owns 51% of a debt-free football league club. As majority share holder he can basically do what he wants and go where he pleases. In my opinion he still owns the club.

Or am I mistaken?
Yeah, you are mistaken, Owd Bob - although you are correct in saying that he owned 51% of nowt a year or so ago. The club is still technically debt ridden but these days the debts are owed to IK, PM and the like - as well possibly to EW himself - and no longer to HMRC and various trade creditors.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 17:57   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Yeah, you are mistaken, Owd Bob - although you are correct in saying that he owned 51% of nowt a year or so ago. The club is still technically debt ridden but these days the debts are owed to IK, PM and the like - as well possibly to EW himself - and no longer to HMRC and various trade creditors.
Thanks for clearing that up Tealeaf. So if his 51% shareholding is worth very little now, he must be so in love with the club that he just can't let go!!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 18:07   #38
Member.

This is something that as been bugging me, I read that IK & PM where donating the funds that they had committed therefore there can only be a debt of gratitude to them, not I fiscal one.

DON & EW are aledeged to have put their own funds in as loans; so if the club is owned by the debtors then these two are in the running; it also looks to me that this as been a clever blind to get IK & PM to put up the funds to bail the club out.

DON also stated that the club was almost free of debt; so it makes EW's 51% worth something.

Just thoughts T.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 18:19   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
This is something that as been bugging me, I read that IK & PM where donating the funds that they had committed therefore there can only be a debt of gratitude to them, not I fiscal one.

DON & EW are aledeged to have put their own funds in as loans; so if the club is owned by the debtors then these two are in the running; it also looks to me that this as been a clever blind to get IK & PM to put up the funds to bail the club out.

DON also stated that the club was almost free of debt; so it makes EW's 51% worth something.

Just thoughts T.
Unlikely, Doug. If IK & PM had donated the money, it would have to go through the revenue accounts ( i.e. hit the P & L statements). That is highly unlikely because it would then leave them with no leverage whatsoever.

I suspect DON's statement was made after Ilyas said he would not be calling in his loans but in any case we all now know from hard experiance that we treat any statements (or non-statements) by DON with the contempt they deserve.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 15:35   #40
Resting In Peace

Statement now on fishy site

Accrington Stanley
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 15:47   #41
Resting in Peace

No wiser then! Why can't they issue a detailed statement giving the situation as it now stands, never mind when all legal issues are resolved.
Deja vu.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 16:18   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it dont actually say when legal issues are resolved? you call it deja vu, i call it one of them "Next Weeks"
Old 15-09-2010, 16:27   #43
God Member

Has anyone ever met a solicitor/lawyer who can tell you when something will be done? For Stanley's fans patience is more a necessity than a virtue. Keep the faith, let's hope the soap-opera is reaching a conclusion.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 16:45   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it dont actually say when legal issues are resolved? you call it deja vu, i call it one of them "Next Weeks"
Exactly, we've waited over a fortnight for this statment & even when it's come it says nowt - don't know why they bothered - although maybe that's the reason none of them turned up last night, they were still drafting it
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 17:15   #45

Surely they will have to sort out this share ownership issue sooner rather than later in particular DONs position with his share purchase from EW. I can't understand how the club can be restructered if the actual majority shareholder issue is up in the air.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..