Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2010, 12:33   #61
God Member

Re: Official club statement

I hope someone's taking notes, the events over the past eighteen months would make for a cracking thriller. After Professor Coleman's theatrical critique earlier in the week perhaps John Le Carre will be appointed as the club's official author in residence.
Although in the right hands it could easily be a comedy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2010, 12:56   #62
Senior Member+

[quote=Exile on Spencer St;845402]I hope someone's taking notes, the events over the past eighteen months would make for a cracking thriller. After Professor Coleman's theatrical critique earlier in the week perhaps John Le Carre will be appointed as the club's official author in residence.
Although in the right hands it could easily be a comedy.

Or even a Bedroo.....Ooops !... I actually meant 'Boardroom' Farce ??

Last edited by yonmon; 16-09-2010 at 12:59.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 16:54   #63
Junior Member+

Latest news from the Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Quote:
ACCRINGTON Stanley managing director Dave O’Neill has expressed concerns about proposals for a supporters’ trust to own the club – and says he will not resign unless he is certain that Ilyas Khan’s plans are in the Reds best interests.
Khan, who is Stanley’s non-executive chairman and is also the club’s main creditor, told fans at a public meeting on Tuesday of his proposal to convert £200,000 of money owed to him into new shares and then hand that 66 per cent stake to the supporters.
But O’Neill has doubts over whether a new share issue can happen without the official approval of shareholders - and most importantly the majority shareholder.
Fifty-one per cent of the club’s shares are currently registered at Companies House with former chairman Eric Whalley, although they are due to be transferred to O’Neill when his protracted takeover is completed.
“We have spent two years fixing the situation at the club and now Ilyas wants to fix it again,” said O’Neill, whose objection to the proposals meant he did not to attend Tuesday’s meeting.
“We have been trying to make the club self-sufficient and we are there now.
“The first year we lost £300,000, then we lost £150,000 and this year we are aiming to break even. With the money from the Newcastle game we should make a healthy profit.
“We were behind on the accounts and it has taken us time to get to where we wanted, but we are now able to publish monthly accounts. The club is not in the bad position people think.
“I still haven’t seen a proposal in writing so until that happens, I don’t know. It’s all fluffy at the moment.
“But other clubs have done it and faced the same problems we have been trying to get away from, ending up short of cash.
“Why go away from something that is working and do something that has failed at other clubs?
“If it is right for the club, I will consider stepping down. But I need to see it in black and white.”
Khan, who says it has been agreed to allow Whalley to travel on the team coach to matches again, is due to publish initial proposals next week and O’Neill expects an AGM may take place next month.
O’Neill has been in charge of runn-ing of the club for more than a year but his future was thrown into uncertainty at the end of August after claims he had resigned following a meeting between himself, Khan and president Peter Marsden.
“It was suggested to David that he step down from the day to day running of the club and Rob Heys is given the opportunity to do that,” said Khan.
“In terms of the board, I have asked David to stay on.”
But O’Neill insists that he never agreed to resign and he remains at the club, although chief executive Heys is in charge of day to day affairs.
“I have e-mailed everyone to tell them I have not resigned. The club isn’t financially viable enough for Rob to do everything on his own.
“You would have to hire someone and pay them £50,000 a year to do the job that I’m already doing, and where is the club going to get that from?
“If Ilyas funds it, we’re not self-sufficient,” he said.
SOS444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 18:17   #64
God Member

These latest utterings just serve to confirm what a lot of us have thought for a while - the man's a complete tool - simples!
At the last shareholders meeting in January, he (again) declared himself to be the majority shareholder & claimed he had the certificates to prove that was so & that he had paid money to EW for them.
At the same meeting, he as a director along with Ilyas, Peter Marsden & other shareholders who had been able to attend at short notice voted that a new share issue could be implemented at a future date.
Now he says that he's not sure the share issue can happen without the approval of other shareholders & in particular the majority shareholder - maybe he was just an apparition at that meeting back in January or maybe he's just told so many lies & back-tracked so many times that he can't remember what he's said, to who & at what time??
Face it O'Neil - your times up - sod off!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 18:33   #65

"we are aiming to break even. With the money from the Newcastle game we should make a healthy profit."
"The club isn’t financially viable enough for Rob to do everything on his own."

Doh!?!?!?!?
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 18:43   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
"we are aiming to break even. With the money from the Newcastle game we should make a healthy profit."
"The club isn’t financially viable enough for Rob to do everything on his own."

Doh!?!?!?!?
Well then will they please tell us were the newcastle money has been designated too?
Old 16-09-2010, 18:54   #67
God Member

Enough is enough, both EW and Don must go now and allow Ilyas to take this club forward.......................and for those of you who STILL doubt Ilays's commitment etc I say that his actions have spoken way more than the continual lies we have had to endure from O Neil, time to wake up and smell the coffee

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 18:59   #68
Junior Member+

Quote:

"pay them £50,000 a year to do the job that I’m already doing"

Cool, 50 grand a year for sitting around doing sod all except letting everything go tits up and lying to people! I'm sure I could do that! Who do I need to send my CV to??
Old 16-09-2010, 19:20   #69
Junior Member+

After all this week's happenings around ASFC the question arises,

"Will Mr. Whalley and Mr. O'Neill guarantee to underpin the club's finances and provide the club with a new stadium free of charge?"

Ilyas Khan says he will.
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 19:30   #70
Senior Member+

HOW much longer do we have to put up with these fools???

Im sick to death of the *******.

GET THEM OUT, AND NOW
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 19:55   #71
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
HOW much longer do we have to put up with these fools???

Im sick to death of the *******.

GET THEM OUT, AND NOW
"well said that man"

And once they're gone, I'll send in my CV................"next week"!

See, I'm getting the hang of this already!!
Old 16-09-2010, 21:20   #72
Super Moderator

Hopefully his latest antics are losing him the few allies he has left and will serve to make his position ever more untenable and his departure more of a reality. Get ye gone, O'Neill!
Old 16-09-2010, 21:44   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Hopefully his latest antics are losing him the few allies he has left and will serve to make his position ever more untenable and his departure more of a reality. Get ye gone, O'Neill!
But Wyn he....'says he will not resign unless he is certain that Ilyas Khan’s plans are in the Reds best interests.'

Can, and will anything ever convince him that this is so ?....If not,bearing some of his ramblings in mind, in which direction will he and his mentors go then to ensure the future of the Club ?... the mind truly boggles !.

Old 16-09-2010, 21:46   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i know which way i'd love him to go.
Old 16-09-2010, 22:13   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well i know which way i'd love him to go.

And don't you think that this exhortation from the 'Fishy' proclamation was a tad patronising, if not a device to deflect everyone from equally important factors in the life of Accrington Stanley ?.

"The club asks all of our supporters to remain focussed on events on the field and continue to give the fabulous support to John Coleman and his team on what is our best start to date to a new season."

As if we wouldn't !!!..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..