Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-08-2010, 10:37   #1
Resting in Peace

Official club statement

What happened to the statement re. the Don's situation promised for the end of the week (last week). Have I missed something, or is it the usual guff?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-08-2010, 10:44   #2
God Member

Re: Official club statement

Yep i was told an official statement would be made by end of last week

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 10:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Bank Holiday could be a good excuse, but they don't usually even give them.
Old 31-08-2010, 11:05   #4
Senior Member+

next week perhaps??

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 11:42   #5
Member.

I thought Ilyas was going to make a Statement about the board meeting a week following the Newcastle Game; David O'Neil also said he would be making a Statement regarding his Not resigning by the end of the week (last).

I expect the issues surrounding the end of the Newcastle Game and a busy fixture list over the last week have delayed things a little as well as Mr. O'Neil's non- resignation for the Club.

I would hope for the sake of all surrounding Accrington Stanley that these issues are put to bed permanently, it's a good team this year and if these lads are average in coley's eyes; how good are they going to be mid season. It all needs to stop now, resolve the ownership situation and then maybe people will start to invest in our future League One/Championship Team.

On, Stanley On!

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 12:17   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I thought Ilyas was going to make a Statement about the board meeting a week following the Newcastle Game; David O'Neil also said he would be making a Statement regarding his Not resigning by the end of the week (last).

I expect the issues surrounding the end of the Newcastle Game and a busy fixture list over the last week have delayed things a little as well as Mr. O'Neil's non- resignation for the Club.

I would hope for the sake of all surrounding Accrington Stanley that these issues are put to bed permanently, it's a good team this year and if these lads are average in coley's eyes; how good are they going to be mid season. It all needs to stop now, resolve the ownership situation and then maybe people will start to invest in our future League One/Championship Team.

On, Stanley On!
Doug, Ilyas made His statement in public and I dont recall Him saying that there was a further statement to come.........As for DoN, well lets be honest its par for the course, infact I had to stop myself from laughing when He said He would make a statement at the end of the week.........as He didnt say which week!!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 12:39   #7
Resting In Peace

Just out of interest, EW was at Oxford on Saturday, went on the team coach I believe, as a guest of Bill Holden
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 13:41   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Just out of interest, EW was at Oxford on Saturday, went on the team coach I believe, as a guest of Bill Holden
Terrific!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 14:52   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Doug, Ilyas made His statement in public and I dont recall Him saying that there was a further statement to come.........As for DoN, well lets be honest its par for the course, infact I had to stop myself from laughing when He said He would make a statement at the end of the week.........as He didnt say which week!!!
Hi Pete, no disrespect to Ilyas or yourself but I wasn’t in the pub to hear Ilyas, nor was I at the board meeting. Will all future momentous occasions for all things Accrington Stanley be announced at the Crown Public House too a narrow margin of the club’s supporters to be fed back to the rest of us; not really the way I envisaged the new era of openness and transparency.

I am not having a go at Ilyas, you or David O’Neil but not every Accrington Stanley supporter drinks in the crown or reads Accyweb, but every single Accrington Stanley supporter wherever they are in the world are a member of the Accrington Stanley Community.

These are big issues at the end of the day…..

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 16:40   #10
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Yep i was told an official statement would be made by end of last week
We know because you kept closing threads on the strength of it

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 16:47   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We need all contact with this guy removed before we can move forward, on the team coach, frequently spotted week days in the Crown Grounds offices, lording it on Saturday matchdays in the suite shows to me he still thinks he's the man or he could be doing it just to have a pop at Ilyas.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 17:16   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
We need all contact with this guy removed before we can move forward, on the team coach, frequently spotted week days in the Crown Grounds offices, lording it on Saturday matchdays in the suite shows to me he still thinks he's the man or he could be doing it just to have a pop at Ilyas.
Baggy, rumor has it that part of the deal he struck with DoN was that he could use the presidents lounge for 5 yrs. I reiterate that's the rumor. However I think you may be on to something with your last sentence!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 17:28   #13
God Member

Strong Leadership

Working together/ as individuals and as part of a Team

Clarity

Heads aglow with strong ideas

Implementation of strong ideas

Bringing strong Ideas to Fruition

Togetherness and all embracing for everyone

Probably detracted away from the thread but that's my wish list anyway

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2010, 21:47   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Strong Leadership

Working together/ as individuals and as part of a Team

Clarity

Heads aglow with strong ideas

Implementation of strong ideas

Bringing strong Ideas to Fruition

Togetherness and all embracing for everyone

Probably detracted away from the thread but that's my wish list anyway

Laudable Red !..and worthy of extension into an Examination Paper for anyone to answer in an idle moment !!..

Leadership ...(Q)Just who is the Leader ?..( Score 2.)

Working Together as Individuals and as part of a team.

(Q)
Who at The Crown would you choose to work with ?...and why ?...( Score 3.)

Clarity ???...(Q) From whom..CEO's or Fans ?? (Score 1)

Heads aglow with strong ideas !..

(Q)...Which 'Strong idea' would set YOUR Head aglow ?..(Score 2.)

Implementation of Strong Ideas !

Depends on your answer to the previous question ! (Score 0.)

Bringing Strong Ideas to Fruition !

Dependent on success of their Implementation ! (Score 0)

Togetherness and all-embracing for everyone !...

Name three who you would rather not embrace...let alone practice togetherness with ??..(Score 3.)

Which returns us quite conveniently back to the Thread !.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20   #15
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Baggy, rumor has it that part of the deal he struck with DoN was that he could use the presidents lounge for 5 yrs. I reiterate that's the rumor. However I think you may be on to something with your last sentence!!
Maybe so, but I don't think that it was part of the deal that he is allowed to travel on the team coach and sit in the Directors' box at away games. He was at Tranmere last night. The opposition probably think he is still a Director when in fact he is only a shareholder. Are all shareholders allowed to travel on the team coach and sit in the away Directors' box ? I don't think so, so why should he ?
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..