Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 13:27   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Official new kit pictures

Each to their own opinion. I personally like both shirts, but preference is for the away one. Yes it does have a womble look to it but hey ho, will still get both.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-07-2007, 13:39   #17
God Member

I like the home shirt a lot because of the v-neck, as the only thing I didn't like about last season's home shirt was the round neck collar.
Each to their own but I think this will sell really well.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 14:12   #18
Resting in Peace

Collars always look awful unless on a nice, crisply starched and ironed shirt - not on floppy material
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 14:22   #19
God Member

I was a bit undecided with the pictures so I nipped into Fraser WorldChoice and my opinon is I like the Home Strip more so since I have seen it in the flesh, but the away strip which has to be seen to believed it is as nice a football top as I 've seen and will definately be purchasing both. Good presentation in the Worldchoice, pleasant staff good luck for tommorrow hope the shirts fly off the shelf!!

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 14:31   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
The away kit looks a bit MK Dons!
Both strips look great though.
Thanks for the pics.
Yeah but the best thing about the MK Dons shirt was the Marshall Amplification sponsor. Unfortunately, companies around these parts don't produce anything that cool. Or do they...?
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 14:46   #21
Super Moderator

Didn't really care for them at first, but they've grown on me and I really like 'em now. That open collar looks a bit draughty for the winter months, but I suppose it'll be OK with my OSC Coley T-shirt underneath!

Yep, I'll be buying both of 'em. as always!
Old 06-07-2007, 18:30   #22

Ii like the home shirt personally. I like the v-neck design.
Old 06-07-2007, 18:44   #23
Member.

OK. I don’t like them. I’ve had a couple of ganders now and the away kit is growing on me, but the home shirt is a little to black in parts and the collar looks flimsy, that said I’ve not seen them in real life and regardless of my feelings I’ll will be buying both because I love the club. I would like to say well done to the club for going out and getting us a new kit. Perhaps we could run a design competition for next years.

Right who’s got one in real life? What the quality like?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 19:01   #24

It looks a bit saturday night fever to me...
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 19:54   #25
God Member

Well I love the look of the home.The away is growing on me too.Thought it was abit dark. As soon as the club organise their 'onstore' line,I will be spending up -nothing on there a few minutes ago.Would have to say that last seasons strip was a cracker.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 20:03   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
OK. I don’t like them. I’ve had a couple of ganders now and the away kit is growing on me, but the home shirt is a little to black in parts and the collar looks flimsy, that said I’ve not seen them in real life and regardless of my feelings I’ll will be buying both because I love the club. I would like to say well done to the club for going out and getting us a new kit. Perhaps we could run a design competition for next years.

Right who’s got one in real life? What the quality like?
The quality of the shirts looks far better when you see them than how they look on the pictures, in terms of material it is ALT DRY fabric which is a specially constructed fabric. The shirts are the same generous sizes as last seasons!! Go along tomorrow and check em out!!

SFFS
Old 07-07-2007, 00:55   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
Yeah but the best thing about the MK Dons shirt was the Marshall Amplification sponsor. Unfortunately, companies around these parts don't produce anything that cool. Or do they...?
Not with Knobs that go to 11 anyway.

I like the V neck with collar but not sure why its got black bits.
Red and White day and Night I thought.
Probably more practical for a soap dodger like me.
Also not sure why the Black one has Yellow bits.
I won`t be buying either cos I`m a miserable old skinflint who thinks they should cost a fiver. In fact everything in the world, Cars, Houses, Yachts, Primadonnaship strikers, season tickets, Roofs, and should cost a Fiver.

(That`s just bankrupt Cmon)

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 06:38   #28
God Member

The away one is navy blue same colour as the Nike one from a few years ago the yellow on it is very stand outish which I think is good, also the irritating labels from the back of the neck has gone and wash instructions etc. are printed instead.

SFFS
Old 07-07-2007, 10:58   #29
Senior Member+

Has anyone been and bought one yet? I quite like that away shirt, but they look a bit flimsy.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:03   #30
Junior Member+

Very nice, I particularly like the home top. May have to make a purchase when I'm down next weekend.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..