Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 03:15   #1

On behalf of Colchester United fans........

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for the concerns you have shown over the injury to Tom Bender. I would also like to thank the fans who have come on to your forum from other clubs expressing their good wishes. It is always great to see and, on occasions like this, one of the very best aspects of football.

As you can imagine we were also deeply concerned at our end especially as lots of rumours flew all over Twitter and clearly it is not very healthy to be out cold for that length of time.

Hopefully the news seems a great deal better and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing him back on the field as soon as possible. Tom is a lovely lad and much liked our end as well and the original reports certainly cast a dark cloud over North Essex.

We had a similar and equally concerning incident in a friendly against Ipswich pre season (also a collision with his own keeper and made a tad worrying by the ambulance driving on to the pitch and an Air Ambulance being requested) and that game was also abandoned and quite rightly so. When it looks as serious as both of these obviously did I think that is the correct decision. As usual on these occasions a big thank you also to the club doctor, physio and the paramedics involved.

Hopefully it is all good news from now on for both of us.

It was nice to see in one report that both sets of supporters clapped him off when he was carried away so once again thanks to all of you, to the Tranmere fans, and all those who have wished him well.

Last edited by Camul; 05-10-2011 at 03:23.
Camul is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2011, 19:26   #2

Re: On behalf of Colchester United fans........

and thanks to He who answered all the prayers that went up for Tom that night.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 19:51   #3
Senior Member+

Re: On behalf of Colchester United fans........

The amount of messages from other clubs was staggering.

Football family at its very best.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..