Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2005, 14:25   #1
Senior Member+

O'Neil number 20

Matty O'Neil has been given the number 20 shirt
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2005, 15:31   #2
God Member

Re: O'Neil number 20

what team do you support fearon.. just read another thread where you (today) refer to burnley as "us"

just asking
Old 21-02-2005, 15:35   #3
Senior Member+

no comment
Old 21-02-2005, 15:39   #4
God Member

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 21-02-2005, 16:21   #5
Senior Member+

In this order
Burnley
ASFC
ASFC Fans team

for me its

ASFC
ASFC fans team
AFC

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 16:30   #6
God Member

For me it's ASFC and Thats it!

I have changed teams for one reason and another and never made any secret of not being a lifelong supporter... I wasn't born here and wouldn't have been able to pick accrington off the map 15 yrs ago..... so have a lot of people here.. a lot of die hard accy fans are not pure...

But i can't understand supporting two teams at once... what if they play each other.... i think when your supporting a team its 100% ... not 51% for one and 49% for another..
Old 21-02-2005, 16:53   #7
rob

what's the rules on 'anti' support of clubs, looking at the results on a saturday tea time and getting a warm glow inside when an old adversary has been hammered? is that allowed? just in case anyone was wondering. not for me of course. i think its a shame there has to be a loser in football.

by the way i believe steve halford played well in droylsden's win on saturday. can't remember who they were playing?

rob
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 17:04   #8
God Member

I am no expert rob but i believe what you describe is not only acceptable but encouraged...

With such a great result for us on sat I even missed out on enjoying the droylsden result.. I presume they played the mighty ones?
Old 21-02-2005, 18:22   #9
Senior Member+

Rivals in this Order

Altrincham
Weegies especially rangers....
Barrow
Morecambe
Southport

Also welcome to Accy Matty O'Neill, although think we should start with the same side as spanked Barnet on Saturday

Craney, Smithy, Matty O'Neill & JK all on the bench....quality

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 19:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I am no expert rob but i believe what you describe is not only acceptable but encouraged...

With such a great result for us on sat I even missed out on enjoying the droylsden result.. I presume they played the mighty ones?
They did indeed - and that 'warm' feeling was more an outburst of laughter for me when it popped up but I think its the same thing

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 21-02-2005 at 19:56.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 21:35   #11
Senior Member+

The team i support, i support them 100%, but that doesnt mean you cant take a liking to another club as well, especially when they are a few leagues apart

UP THE STANLEY
Old 21-02-2005, 22:50   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
The team i support, i support them 100%, but that doesnt mean you cant take a liking to another club as well, especially when they are a few leagues apart

UP THE STANLEY
Gotta say, I am nowadays a totally commited Stanley supporter.
I started watching football (via the telly) in 1955, when Newcastle beat City in the FA cup final, in which Jimmy Meadows broke his leg...in those days, no subs allowed.
City lost 3-1

Following year, City beat Birmingham 3-1, in the game that Bert Trautmann had his neck broken What a result!!

From then on , was a City supporter.

Until, that tragic day in 1958, I was in school, when our Rector announced over the tannoy , that there had been a tragic accident, involving the Man U team in a plane crash!!

That certainly tested my resolve. Along with several of my fellow pupils, I attended the next match at Old Trafford, in which the 'greats' such as Ernie Taylor, who had been signed from Blackpool, appeared... These 'Busby babes' went on to win the FA cup.
However, I soon went back to Maine Road...

From school, we could scoot across in our lunch hour, & catch the players coming out of 'training' & capture their autographs...

Broke my heart when I heard Cliff Sear swear!!

Sorry, possibly lost the thread here, just the meanderings of an old man who loves football, but realises that we cannot support the same team throghout the whole of our lives!!

Things change, & so do we!!

I am a 'Blue' who turned into a 'Red'.

Would never have considered that in 1958!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 23:09   #13
God Member

Thats it.. A lot have supported one team never even dreaming they may support another one day... Lifes too short..... I never thought I would change but I did due to circumstances of a big fall out and moving away.. but mostly the fallout wiht a club.. big style
Old 22-02-2005, 07:08   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener
These 'Busby babes' went on to win the FA cup.
Sorry to shatter your illusions, Kitch, but they lost to Bolton Wanderers in the final. I was at the same school as Nat Lofthouse's son and he brought the match ball in on the Monday morning.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 07:20   #15

i was always a rovers fan, but like many others was priced out of going to the matches, so i started watching stanley a few years ago.
however the buzz around the club and fans sucked me in big style and i don't even bother about rovers now.
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..