Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2009, 14:09   #46

Re: O'Neil Where Are You ?

It's like watching a bad episode of Eastenders.

Get a grip Stanley.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-09-2009, 14:36   #47
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Well I've been invited to the club today to meet Mr O'Neil and Rob Heys later this afternoon just awaiting confirmation on time.

Not going with a list of questions just want to talk to them and understand how they think acting as they are is in the best interest of the club and fundraising efforts, people want feedback and answers.

I appreciate the opportunity if it happens.
Any contact Shurm?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 14:56   #48

Yes Doug I'm there at 4.30 Mr O'Neil is not in London today !! I'm meeting him and Rob for tea and biscuits but they said bring the biscuits as there only a poor football club !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 14:59   #49
Member.

Good Luck...........Lets hope some good comes from your visit................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-09-2009, 14:59   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
Guys

THERE IS NO MEETING WITH ONEIL TODAY. IT IS A FIGMENT OF HIS VERY ACTIVE IMAGINATION.

Since this article appeared, i have had so many texts and emials i thought i better put the record straight. i have no idea why Mr Oneil thinks he is meeting me. At no point in the past few weeks have i had any contact with oneil. Other than his delightful programme note from last friday, that were a joy to read, I have no contact with the supposed majority shareholder of asfc. I have sent messages to the club addressed to him, both directly and through the ASSF. I have'nt a clue as to why he would say he has a meeting with me today. And i am very sorry that this is simply further evidence of the way in which he seems to conduct himself. The last contact I had was with his ceo Rob Heys, which was an email on MOnday which I replied to by asking him to always copy someone else on the email so there was a third person (independent) to verify what was being said. This was to ensure that we dont have a re-run of the past when things are said that prove later to be untrue or inaccurate. i have not heard back from him since.

For the record, therefore, i have no idea why oneil thinks he is meeting with me today. i have not had a request for a meeting, and moreover, if asked, I would be delighted to meet anyone who might help with the future of the club.

i will finish on a positive note - i do hope that the directors raise money from their own pocket. Better late than never. lets get this debt repaid, lets get the team saved. and then lets turn our attention to other matters.
Ilyas !!....Your first paragraph is, after reading the account of the projected 'MEETING' in the LT...almost beyond belief !.....yet I suppose not unexpected in the present climate where double-speak seems to be the order of the day as far as some at ASFC are concerned!.

Like you I hope that one of these bright days (and soon!!) someone will do the RIGHT thing for once and perhaps convince some of us that they really do have some sort of comprehension of what MANAGEMENT in it's best forms can really achieve for an organisation!!.

Whither Strategic planning?...whither any hope for 'The Reds' if this inferior and incomprehensible behaviour carries on? .

Like I say...'QUO VADIS STANLEY ??'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 15:02   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.F.J.F.C. REDS View Post
WOW if YOU think Dave is ok then YOU will tell Accrington how good he is whoopee!!!! then he must be ok if YOU say so!!! i have met him and Ilyas listened to both arguments and still not sure ! im sure everyone will have their own opinion!!!!
Not quite what I said or even implied pal, I was really challenging Mr ONeil to face people or even meet me today to explain some things I was really taking the micky out of him but at least he has offered to meet me which is good.

I don't for one second think people don't have their own opinions or that I can influence anyone I just had my own and I said what I thought on the forum.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 16:07   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Yes Doug I'm there at 4.30 Mr O'Neil is not in London today !! I'm meeting him and Rob for tea and biscuits but they said bring the biscuits as there only a poor football club !!!
Sounds about right that I got the tea ,sugar and milk last week when we were taking the bloody eagle down from the main stand
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 16:11   #53
God Member

At least the tea will be free, I'll have to pay for mine when I go tonight
Old 30-09-2009, 16:12   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Sounds about right that I got the tea ,sugar and milk last week when we were taking the bloody eagle down from the main stand
At long last that sign is off mind u took as long for the inter link one to be changed too lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 20:38   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
At least the tea will be free, I'll have to pay for mine when I go tonight
I retract my statement. Mr T makes a good free brew in the Gazelle
Old 30-09-2009, 23:11   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I think Man. United are one of the richest clubs in the world, but also are in the most debt. If the debt can be managed by the club,I suppose thats the way business works.
A business that has huge income streams can gamble a percentage of that income on debt, the amount depending on how guarenteed the income(sky etc)

However a struggling business should not GAMBLE on a unknown future.
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 23:13   #57
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
A business that has huge income streams can gamble a percentage of that income on debt, the amount depending on how guarenteed the income(sky etc)

However a struggling business should not GAMBLE on a unknown future.
You can say that again.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 30-09-2009, 23:17   #58
Senior Member+

Doug you struggling ????????????????????
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 23:25   #59
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon View Post
Doug you struggling ????????????????????
Me struggle? I started the business out of love for the job and to prove others it could be done better......Now I've learnt that I should kept to what I knew best which was telling others how to run their business...

I'm not struggling, just wish I had learnt lessons earlier that way I could be doing more now. No I'm ok, it will take another three years graft to be where I wanted to be and then it will be Golf, Stanley and the Hills for me.........if I live long enough.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..