Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2009, 21:18   #1

O'Neil Where Are You ?

Well Ilyas has been on the radio tonight to put his views across but where were you ? Hiding behind Rob Heys you don't even have the decency to come on the radio and explain to the fans and people of Accrington what your up to or back up your comments in the programme from Friday night.

You have only been in charge a short time but just what have you done for the club apart from ask the people of Accrington to bail you out ?

If you didn't or don't have the money to help the club why the hell did you want it so much ?

And now you don't want to part with it even though people in the wings have the money to save it, your just selfish if you ask me and I really hope your not the one to blame for bringing the club down a second time.

No doubt I won't hear anything like everyone else asking questions.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-09-2009, 21:19   #2
Senior Member+

Re: O'Neil Where Are You ?

Don't hold your breath Shurm, our idea of transparency and his idea seem to be different concepts!
Old 29-09-2009, 21:29   #3

Rob did say that the directors would be putting 120k possibly more into the fund, that is the answer we are all looking for isn't it?
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:32   #4
Senior Member+

If you listen to what rob said, He did say that it took time for people at the club to come up with money because " time to sort it with the bank, and funds should be available in a couple of weeks" ??????????????????????

That sounds like DEBT to pay of DEBT to me.......... NOT WISE
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:35   #5
God Member

Likely not that will be answered on the forum, but hoped that an opology on the fishy site would of been a start imho. Rob was quite right that he couldn't do it really altho on 3rd party basis and suppose don's avoidance to dig further holes in the firing line in self preservation, again only in my opinion as to why. But least he needs to now get the club in order or least talk properly to the assf if its too big a hole, needs to start now and of course repair the severed veins of the generous public and supporters and its apparent what needs to be answered, we shall wait and see if its possible and an outcome is forthcoming very soon.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:37   #6

If you have ever tried drawing more than £1200 out of the bank at any onetime you will realise its actually quite hard to get your hands on your own savings. It would take 100 days to get the £120K :-)
Minister Onymfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:41   #7

If you r someone else involved wirh the running of the club mr o neil read these comments on here the people do not trust you why wont you talk to Ilyas and the ASSF sort it out before it is to late

Last edited by hasyred; 29-09-2009 at 21:43.
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:42   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
If you have ever tried drawing more than £1200 out of the bank at any onetime you will realise its actually quite hard to get your hands on your own savings. It would take 100 days to get the £120K :-)
Eh I know there not used much but have you heard of a cheque clears in about 10 days max .

Anyway who said anything about money ? I want him to answer to the people of Accrington he's the Chairman where is he and what has he got to say apart from rubbish in the programme ?

I'm not bothered about money I want the chairman to speak to people and tell the town what he is doing with our Town Team because as far as I can see he thinks it's his club to do what he wants with without telling us anything.

Last edited by Shurm; 29-09-2009 at 21:50.
Old 29-09-2009, 21:45   #9
God Member

Dan said he would give the club the transcript of all the q's read and un read to them so would gather they'd know anyway lol.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-09-2009, 21:48   #10
God Member

One thing now thats a huge concern is the sos fund public donations and fund raising will now be directly effected !!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-09-2009, 21:53   #11

Question Re: O'Neil Where Are You ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
One thing now thats a huge concern is the sos fund public donations and fund raising will now be directly effected !!
I agree with you on this
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 21:55   #12
Senior Member+

All we are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul this WILL NOT work
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 22:02   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
All we are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul this WILL NOT work
At this stage it's only an assumption that loans are being used. As Dan pointed out though, if that 120k could be raised then would it not have been better to lead off with that and then raise an appeal for 200k. I'm glad I can't get as emotionally involved as you lot, if I was an actual Stanley fan I would be tearing my hair out with the situation being in the mess it's in. I hope it all gets sorted soon.
Old 29-09-2009, 22:03   #14

Tell you what Mr O'Neil I'm off work tomorrow invite me down to see you and explain to me what your doing and what your plans are to save the club.

If I think your a sound guy and your plans are bob on I'll tell the rest of Accrington for you save you the time and sing your praises wherever I go.

How about it
Old 29-09-2009, 22:05   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister Onymfo View Post
Rob did say that the directors would be putting 120k possibly more into the fund, that is the answer we are all looking for isn't it?
My only comment is ...Why didn't they do this as soon as the HMRC 'Emergency' presented itself????.....If they've got £100K+ secreted away somewhere in their joint Coffer...why hide it from everyone for so long???...Just think what a gesture it would have been to all who want to see the survival of the club assured !....just think what a powerful motivator it would have been to the Fundraising efforts...

No !!..I have another comment....If you, the directors of the Club want at last to do the right thing...then pay this 'Stanley-saving' gift from your hearts into the SOS ..TOMORROW Morning...and let it be seen in a statement for all!!.. this assurance will not only fulfil the gestures intended goal...but just might go some way to convince us all that the Club's future is in safe hands !.

No...I have another comment....I am not holding my breath though !!

' Cry...my beloved Stanley!!!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..