Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2012, 22:06   #16

Re: Out Of Contract Players

I'd love my lad to come back to Stanley. I'm sure there'll be a right back spot up for grabs at The Crown net season. can't see it though, If he doesn't get another deal at Macc it will be probably be somewhere else in the Blue Square. That's exactly where Macc Town are heading.

The first half of last season, before it went t1ts up at Bury with the sending off, was the best time I've ever had watching him play.

Last edited by Larry Lobster; 30-03-2012 at 22:09.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2012, 22:29   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
so whats the story with Willis?

Cooky did say he would get a run out this season, presumably they will take it from there.
Old 30-03-2012, 23:14   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Cooky did say he would get a run out this season, presumably they will take it from there.
Yep got the idea theres a lot of thought as to which game.
Old 31-03-2012, 06:51   #19
Senior Member+

I would have Bateson back tomorrow !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 07:12   #20
God Member

Going to be some difficult descions for the management over the next few weeks of who to keep and who to let go, it is probably made more difficult given the injuries to players under contract at the moment who Paul won't have even seen play whilst manager.

Take the loan players out of the squad and there are some that can form the nucleus of next season's squad and others who still need to prove their worth, the spine of the team is the crucial area with a keeper, at least one maybe two central defenders, a box to box midfielder and a proven goal scorer at the very least needed to be added we maybe lucky and get some decent loanees in those areas but there is always the risk of them being called back from their loans which just adds to our problems as seen with some this season.

Going back to the forum on Thursday I think those areas are already under the spotlight for the management and feel from what was said that there is genuine reason for being optimistic that the right players will be brought in and we will see more of Paul & Leam's stamp of attacking football and defending from the front.

I found this snippet of the Barca way which makes interesting reading for any follower of the beautiful game.

Barcelona's secret to soccer success

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:00   #21
Senior Member+

It seems Cooky wants 4 or 5 young players that he can slowly bring through, Kurtis being one lf these, Cooky and leam realize he isnt the finished article and leam will be personally working with him to bulk his upper body and see where that takes us next season, But they will be the first to admit if they get it wrong.

I didnt quite catch it on thursday but Cooky did mention Longy showing interest in coming back here...
Old 31-03-2012, 10:19   #22
Senior Member+

Would love it Baldy, but really cant see it.

Doenst look like Eddie Howe rates him, but Coley obviously does.

He will be Rochdale's 1st summer signing, more or less guaranteed I reckon.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 10:25   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Would love it Baldy, but really cant see it.

Doenst look like Eddie Howe rates him, but Coley obviously does.

He will be Rochdale's 1st summer signing, more or less guaranteed I reckon.
Would love him back, Plus it would brass a certain ex manager off as well.
Old 31-03-2012, 10:46   #24
God Member

Fairly sure Kevin is on contract at the Turf until the end of the 2012-2013 season. If Burnley keep him and send him back out on loan he won't be going to Rochdale next season, thats why he couldn't stay at Stanley, Burnley want him playing at least League 1 football.

I guess the right money in transfer fees may encourage Burnley to part with him though.
Old 31-03-2012, 12:04   #25
God Member

If we see Kevin Long back here, I'll bare my arse in Burton's window. I'm more interested to see how Cook utilises his League of Ireland player knowledge.

Billy Dennehy would be a great target, for instance. Premier League pedigree, been at the club before, league winner in Ireland. He's a quick winger, which is the type of player the gaffer seems to favour going forward.

Money might not be so much of a problem for quality players from Ireland as we have the lure of the English Football League.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 12:17   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
If we see Kevin Long back here, I'll bare my arse in Burton's window. I'm more interested to see how Cook utilises his League of Ireland player knowledge.

Billy Dennehy would be a great target, for instance. Premier League pedigree, been at the club before, league winner in Ireland. He's a quick winger, which is the type of player the gaffer seems to favour going forward.

Money might not be so much of a problem for quality players from Ireland as we have the lure of the English Football League.
He is definatley looking that way. Apparently they only get paid for 38 weeks of the year over there so being paid an annual figure is a lure in itself.

Strangely enough a certain former Stanley international was mentioned by a member of the audience, and it wasn't dismissed
Old 31-03-2012, 12:19   #27
God Member

As Shaker say's the Irish links will be a well chosen route and Paul's knowledge I am sure will prove invaluable

Also as pointed out the Football League can be seen as a next step up and different contract timing in Ireland as LD points out.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 12:20   #28
God Member

We must have done 45 minutes of Dan's 90 minute transcript by now
Old 31-03-2012, 12:30   #29
Senior Member+

To be fair Alan,Cooks style of play suits Jons game down to a tee.I don't think people realise how good a centre back he is as well ,Acci should have kept him IMHO as he is very versatile
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 12:58   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Not to mention the lure of our changing rooms

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..