Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2014, 06:18   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Paint Pot cup match thread (Carlisle United)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Why is no one asking the question is Beattie up to the job?
I thought he answered that last season..........what's wrong are John and Jimmy not happy in Sligo?
KiTChener, Kiwi John and yonmon like this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2014, 10:58   #47
Senior Member+

frustration at the results so far this season yes but putting the blame on JB & the players is not deserved, I think most of us would agree that the players we have are not the best in this division but are probably the best we can attract, with the budget we have to work with, I watch these lads put in a tremendous effort for us each week, yes I’m disappointed by the results but not by their efforts,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 15:02   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
frustration at the results so far this season yes but putting the blame on JB & the players is not deserved, I think most of us would agree that the players we have are not the best in this division but are probably the best we can attract, with the budget we have to work with, I watch these lads put in a tremendous effort for us each week, yes I’m disappointed by the results but not by their efforts,
True but organisation and tactical nouse cost nothing. For example at Bury. 4 minutes of stoppage time and we get a corner in the SEVENTH. Why can't the keeper go up?

Also why can't we put a man on the posts at corners? You're told at school "front post, back post, mark a man".

Regardless of Beatties ability does anybody else think him not clapping the fans is disgusting? Its hundreds of pounds following Stanley all over. Why can't he acknowledge the few fans we have? Just look at Lutons players and staff at our place.
Old 03-09-2014, 15:10   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I personally dont think its disgusting,i go to watch a match not to be applauded fer doing summat i love. most managers in me many years of following footy, don't.
Lemur likes this.
Old 03-09-2014, 15:41   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
If it's not the manager and players fault for the poor performances then who's fault is it?

I don't understand your logic.

If the players we currently have are not good enough, then who's fault is it we signed them? Who's fault is it we gave them 2 year contracts? Are we a footballing charity now taking in sub standard players?

Every single result is the players and managers fault be it good or bad.
Last season JB by the admission of our chairman had a big budget and wasted it.

This mentality of don't question the manager is dangerous, you would think it was USSR not Accrington; Don't question the leader!
Redraine likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 15:50   #51
God Member

Unless the leader is Professor Coleman, Davo?
P.S. Carlisle are looking for a new manager if you're available.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 18:15   #52
Senior Member+

Watched the goals and their goal wasn't Offside,as I mentioned previously Windass was stood on the bye line !,so it was a courageous call by the liner,would have been easy to put his flag up.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 18:43   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Third goal was interesting!,my first reaction was to look at the linesman as he was near us and windass was near him( very close to the by-line,)I can only presume he thought he was playing the goal score on-side ,weird goal !!!
whether or not Windass was close to the line is irrelevant, Painter was beyond the by-line when the ball was headed down, and came back onto the pitch to score, according to JB's after match interview the linesman informed him that the no. 9 was playing painter on-side which is very strange because at the time Grey was in his suit sitting in the stand
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 19:23   #54

About 3minutes40secs in.

It looks like it was a perfectly legitimate goal after all.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 19:39   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
whether or not Windass was close to the line is irrelevant, Painter was beyond the by-line when the ball was headed down, and came back onto the pitch to score,
That seems to be correct. Does anyone know the exact rule which covers that situation?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 20:50   #56
God Member

Looked to me from the video that the Carlisle player hadn't gone over the by-line, that the ball came to him off the Stanley keeper, and at least one Stanley player (Windass?), who appeared to have stopped moving (taken a knock?) in the far corner, was playing him on-side as well.
1-2, 1-3 it was a defeat all the same.
If it's any consolation (not much, I agree) Carlisle hold the record of six appearances in finals of the Football League Trophy, so know what they are doing in the competition.
Old 03-09-2014, 20:59   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Looked to me from the video that the Carlisle player hadn't gone over the by-line, that the ball came to him off the Stanley keeper, and at least one Stanley player (Windass?), who appeared to have stopped moving (taken a knock?) in the far corner, was playing him on-side as well.
Looks that way to me. Not sure about stopped moving because of a knock though, there was very little movement all night
Old 04-09-2014, 22:11   #58
Senior Member+

One of the worst sides in the football league and they come away from home on a Tuesday night and tear us apart in the second half. I've lost it with James Beattie for a few that can be bothered turning up for away games his bad tactics also spread to away games too! Home against Luton brings off a striker to bring on a midfielder in the 80th minute to settle for a draw at home. Bury also springs to mind regarding them having a man sent off in the 70th minute and we are loosing so what does he do, yes he brings an inexperienced midfielder on and we have no effect in the last 20 and end up loosing the game. Against Carlisle its the same old story , for a change he starts with carver who's full of enthusiasm and running unlike the others and then we're chasing the game once again and he brings on a midfielder.....

The problem with beattie is , yes were going to loose a lot of our away games but the home games is were going down is settled! The fans are not with him , most of the players look like their not and the football he has them playing is predictable and just isn't obviously working. How many more games does it take for fans and directors to see this. Bad last season and started this season even worse than the last. No other club would let this happen and that's the difference between our tinpotness and it will end up kicking us in the teeth if the club and fans would like to stay in the football league. I've lost patience with the man , with watching Coleman , Cook and even Richardson we at least saw the lads put the effort in for the badge they were on their shirts and at least grinded out results, with this team their is no flare , no grinding of results and no passion. I also dont like his arrogance , he seems to love himself and is deluded to the results his team is producing. He seems to be a man that knows the financial levels of the club which is obvious for anyone but he shouldn't be taking about it , that's for the directors not him.

At the end of the day , Dav might get slagged off for his adoring love of John Coleman but Beattie has now more resources Coley ever had, a better pitch by far, better budget and also better facilities I.E changing rooms etc. YET coley got his team competing with other teams , other teams feared us , referees and linesmans hated us and we all knew we'd get a full blooded performance from the reds and some pride shown but now teams turn up at the crown knowing they'll get an easy game and a great chance to grab some points and with James Beattie struggling to make it even to the touchline the refs and linos sent exactly worried about giving decisions.

He isn't right for the club , not experienced managerial enough and it really does show. Ambassador Yes, Manager NO.
DAV007 likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 15:32   #59

To some extent a agree with a number of points made above. I do feel that Beatties reputation has just as many negatives as it does positives, but overall I think we will find the right balance. To travel 400-500 round trip to watch our beloved Stanley - being acknowledged for the investment of time, money and loyalty means a lot to a football fan. To see a Manager shoot straight down the tunnel regardless of the result is not the 'Fan' way to do it! When Luton came here and took a point, the manager rounded all his players together and made them address every section of away support. This mutual recognition needs to happen!

Dr Proctors Football Medicine. Positive!

Accrington Stanley. Positive!

Positive! Positive! Positive!

Over and Out.

ON STANLEY ON
Old 05-09-2014, 16:31   #60
God Member

Good post, Ash, and much to agree with.
However, just one thought about those few who berate Mr.Beattie for, as they see it, not applauding the fans.
I generally only get to away games in the soft south but, at Cheltenham for instance, the manager came over to the away end during the warm up and was certainly not ignoring anyone.
You say that it was the Luton manager that rounded up his players and made them salute their fans.
Again my experience of Stanley away games is that the manager never needs to make his squad do that; maybe it's because he's already instilled in his players the importance of doing so. And, maybe, just maybe, he believes that it's the players who deserve the fans applause, instead of him.
AccyMad and cashman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..